LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: 2 Organists get into a fight in Chicago DURING service!  (Read 19784 times)

Offline xp80

• LGM Member

Re: 2 Organists get into a fight in Chicago DURING service!
« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2006, 12:38:58 AM »
I don't believe the video was running. (There was a closed circuit TV feed in the basement on a big screen TV though.) It's a shame that there is no video because I think a lot of eyes would have been opened to what is going on in churches today.

Watch the news. Local and national news is picking up on this story. I hope it causes at least a few churches to think about who they are using in their music ministries.

Offline Prophetic Remnant

• LGM Member
  • "Touch not THIS anointed one...so STOP HATING"
    • PlayGospelKeys

« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2006, 03:00:52 AM »
That is sad. We let things like this happen. Two musicians can fight and then both play later on in the same service. And the church just let them. I guess that happens when churches would rather minister THROUGH you, than TO you.  :(

Offline sayyes

• LGM Member
  • Things are gonna work out for sure..

« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2006, 03:10:09 AM »
Yeah but you know wat....i aint even mad at the musicians cuz obviouly they wasnt saved or delivered ova sum stuff.....im mad at the pastors in this thang now how do that make both churches look that gives the illution that i can do wateva i want and nuttin will be said and i can still be exspected to minister to the folks.......SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD..... we in the last day children....... :'( :-[
And I Want You To Say Well Done....

Offline Prophetic Remnant

• LGM Member
  • "Touch not THIS anointed one...so STOP HATING"
    • PlayGospelKeys

« Reply #43 on: October 13, 2006, 03:13:56 AM »
HOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWW!!! Tell me HOW are we going to stand before God?  :'(

Offline sayyes

• LGM Member
  • Things are gonna work out for sure..

« Reply #44 on: October 13, 2006, 03:32:56 AM »
They aint.....theres gonna be two groups at the gate......the "well done" and the "depart from meah"......and unless God does sumtin for them they are gonna be in that "Depart from meah" Group....and thats sad to be in the church wrkin and still go hell aint  ?/? dont make no since wat so eva
And I Want You To Say Well Done....

Offline 3rd-Day

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #45 on: October 13, 2006, 08:50:03 AM »
 God has such unique ways of allowing us to expose ourselves.  ;D ;D ;D This is the deal, none of us have arrived. We got issues that we keep secret and extremly classified cause if anybody see's our dirt good gawd o mighty, what will they think.  Now im hoping that these cats were young in age  and immature.  Im not minimizing the incident, it was ugly.  The hosting church should have taken their organist background and or reputation into consideration when they hired him. But they didnt so what do you get, a brawl right in the middle of service. Its an outward manifestation of what was already working in the both of them. Everybody makes mistakes there is no such thing as a small sin. What they did was no diffrent than fornicating, adultry in secret, or  whatever else we may feel are the TOP Sins of all time. Gods grace is sufficient even for them two young men. I look at it like a wakeup call for both Parties involved. Now here is the sad truth, I have witnessed and heard about incidents like these that have taken place since the early to mid 90's. I have seen and heard of worse ( SERIOUSLY), stuff I will not even put into your thinking. :-X  But this is pretty stink.  Pray for them and their leaders, dont send them to hell just yet.  8)
Im too tall to act small.

Offline 1achord

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #46 on: October 13, 2006, 02:17:12 PM »
What a sad state of affairs. I agree with the folks here who said an apology and repentance was in order and they should have been silenced(not allowed to play) regardless of the circumstances. Music in a church is a luxury, not a necessity. Too many churches have "sold out" and not required their musicians to be "saved", "sanctified" and "filled with the Holy Spirit". You don't lose your head over something as trivial as accompanying a soloist. Musician have become "hired guns", playing for the the highest bidder. Humility and respect is gone and replaced with arrogance and selfishness. Fighting and cursing in the Lord's House is the disgraceful.

Offline jenjenwaha

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #47 on: October 13, 2006, 04:11:14 PM »
you can't be serious...I wanna see the video.   

Me too!! 

Offline xp80

• LGM Member

« Reply #48 on: October 14, 2006, 12:22:50 AM »
Just for the sake of accuracy, I need to note that only one of the organists said the F- word. 

Offline KurzLand

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #49 on: October 14, 2006, 01:24:22 PM »
I wanna see the video.   ;D

me too!

Just for the sake of accuracy, I need to note that only one of the organists said the F- word. 

WOW!
"Experience is not what happens to a man; it is what a man does with what happens to him." -A.Huxley

Offline revwpclark

• LGM Member

« Reply #50 on: October 16, 2006, 03:26:31 PM »
I called one of my contacts in EC and they said it was really bad.  But a couple of things come to mind...
First - Peter cut off old dude's ear, cussed them folk out at the fire, lied about knowing Jesus - he didn't go to hell so I think the "fire and brimstone, hell and damnation concept" is a bit overplayed.
Second - Whether or not they should have been excused fired dismissed dragged and quartered is opinion - how many times have (as musicians) we sinned and NOT caught - if the truth be told, for the things people have NOT seen us do, if we were REALLY saved, we would confess them and sit our own self down.  we don't have all the details and don't know what happened in the back befor ethey came out.  However, I do know that if you don't stop and forgive RIGHT THEN it can fester and grow into a incurable disease that will ravage the body of Christ.
THIRD (and final) - it is sad, very sad, but is it any sadder than a Pastor and a MOM fighting over the same (male) choir director? Or any sadder than the MOM and the Choir Director getting caught in the Pastor's Study with the Pastor "bowing and worshipping" in front of BOTH of them?  I think you get the point...
I believe (fervent and effectual) prayer for both musicians, Pastors, choirs and churches is in order.  Before we criticize each other, recognize who we belong to and the only One who is able to save and deliver us

Now that being said, its offering time...

Offline reginald79

• LGM Member
  • Remember, Only what you do for Christ will Last

« Reply #51 on: October 17, 2006, 08:12:52 AM »
Wow,

Offline wrightway

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #52 on: October 17, 2006, 11:56:06 AM »
 :(unfortuanately there are many who claim they love the lord,whom they have not seen,but hate their brother who is made in god's image. sometimes people are not filled....with holyghost all the time?//but sometimes they are filled with anger,rage, and bitterness.and what's in us,can and will come out.
BE BLESSED.

music911

« Reply #53 on: October 17, 2006, 09:15:38 PM »
I called one of my contacts in EC and they said it was really bad.  But a couple of things come to mind...
First - Peter cut off old dude's ear, cussed them folk out at the fire, lied about knowing Jesus - he didn't go to hell so I think the "fire and brimstone, hell and damnation concept" is a bit overplayed.
Second - Whether or not they should have been excused fired dismissed dragged and quartered is opinion - how many times have (as musicians) we sinned and NOT caught - if the truth be told, for the things people have NOT seen us do, if we were REALLY saved, we would confess them and sit our own self down.  we don't have all the details and don't know what happened in the back befor ethey came out.  However, I do know that if you don't stop and forgive RIGHT THEN it can fester and grow into a incurable disease that will ravage the body of Christ.
THIRD (and final) - it is sad, very sad, but is it any sadder than a Pastor and a MOM fighting over the same (male) choir director? Or any sadder than the MOM and the Choir Director getting caught in the Pastor's Study with the Pastor "bowing and worshipping" in front of BOTH of them?  I think you get the point...
I believe (fervent and effectual) prayer for both musicians, Pastors, choirs and churches is in order.  Before we criticize each other, recognize who we belong to and the only One who is able to save and deliver us

Amen, Amen, Amen, and when u been on LGM for a min, u really find folk out, b/c there is a whole lotta fakes up in here, from the top moderators to the bottom newbies, but God is still God, and Im still praying for them...

B3hammondboy

« Reply #54 on: October 18, 2006, 10:50:43 AM »
WOW!!!!!!!

Offline WithLuvKay

• LGM Member

« Reply #55 on: October 18, 2006, 04:23:21 PM »
 :'( Let's PRAY

Offline DESQ

• LGM Member

« Reply #56 on: October 23, 2006, 02:36:54 PM »
For those posters that responded "Where's the video," " I want to see the video," "LOL" and other things along those lines.  Are we now taking pleasure in sin that we want to view this incident as some form of entertainment. ?/? :o  Read Romans 1:32.  We're taking pleasure in unrighteousness.  If someone would have had a video clip of the fight, it would have been posted and been the most watched video on LGM sent through emails and everything else.  The Bible claims that we shall become "lovers of pleasure more than lovers of God, having a form of godliness but denying the power thereof: from such turn away, ever learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth......" 

And Yes, Peter did cut off the ear of a person and lie about know Jesus, BUT that was before he was baptized (and filled) with the HOLY GHOST on the Day of Pentecost.  The Holy Ghost will keep you if you want to be kept.  Let's stop whitewashing sin as acceptable behaviour in God's house.  And we all have sinned in some form or fashion so I'm not on any soapbox here.

It's a sad commentary and I'm sure we can all recite various ancedotes of bad behaviour that our brothers and sisters have engaged in, but how long do we believe that God will continue to wink at our foolishness and pride.  There are countless examples of God not sending judgment down immediately, but giving persons an opportunity to repent.  He is gracious, merciful and long-suffering, but he is also holy and righteous.  We no longer have any reverence for God or the Holy Spirit--"yeah, yeah, I won't get caught or punished!!".  That's why anything goes on in our churches and it does not make us bat an eyelash or we recount "Well I heard worse, let me tell you about the time......" 

While I agree that there is nothing new under the sun, our lack of humility and tolerance for unrighteous behavior (even in the churchhouse) is what condemns us nowadays.  We will be held accountable for how we handled the unrighteousness that surrounds us.  Did we condone the behaviour, take secret pleasure in those performing such acts by laughing and joking about, or did it cause us to take an introspective look at our own lives and spur us to be more consecrated to God and more prayerful and sold out that the ENEMY no longer gets a foothold anywhere. 

Let's hope that we finally wake up, but alas, there will more instances of this behaviour and worse before the LORD comes back for the church.  Where will you stand on that great day!  Don't be deceived.  WAKE UP!!!!!!

HustleMan

« Reply #57 on: October 23, 2006, 03:22:02 PM »

Man WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT, AND WHAT CHURCH HAVE YOU BEEN GOING TO?!?!

Offline 4hisglory

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Learn Gospel Musiic

« Reply #58 on: October 23, 2006, 03:25:11 PM »

Hahahahhaahahaha.......I am cracking up. :D :D
:)

Offline key-wiz

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • "KW"
    • http://www.learngospelmusic.com

« Reply #59 on: October 24, 2006, 09:57:35 AM »

Was It In ATL? ;D
Abracadabra!!!! "Key-Wiz" The Magic Of Music
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up