LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need some advice  (Read 519 times)

Offline Wolfram

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My dog Bear (125lbs of Luv)
    • Wolfram a/k/a Don Zlaty

Need some advice
« on: October 10, 2006, 08:45:22 AM »
I have been playing on an Emu B3 emulator, using a Korg O1 for the top keyboard and then using my Triton as my lower.  Anyway, I am wanting to move forward and get a real, deal organ.  Cash is a little tight right now and I have never played with drawbars before.  My goal is to have something at home to practice with until I get up to speed with things.  Can you guys give me some ideas as to what type of Hammonds I can look for that are a little less salty than the B3/C3 price tags out there?  Ultimately, I will be jumping to a Pro XK-3 system for convenience sake, but for now I need something at home to work my chops on.

Peace,

Wolfram

Offline sayyes

• LGM Member
  • Things are gonna work out for sure..

Re: Need some advice
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2006, 03:13:39 PM »
My suggestion would be a A-100 without the leslie (unless you dont have ne nieghbors.....LOL) and there like 4000 with the leslie i dont know how much with out......but you could alwayz go to a local church sumtimes they have old organs that they are not useing
And I Want You To Say Well Done....

Offline jenjenwaha

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2006, 05:49:52 PM »
I just bought an organ.  We were also looking for something cheaper that the B3/C3.  I ended up taking a chance on e-bay and spending $900 for an A-100 with a leslie but not the kind of leslie I want.  I will be getting the organ sat week.  Hopefully it's in the condition the guy said it was in.  Anyway the a-100 is the same organ as the B3/C3.  Differance being the a-100 has built in speakers.  hth

Offline SupremeSaltine

• LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2006, 07:18:17 PM »
I just bought an organ.  We were also looking for something cheaper that the B3/C3.  I ended up taking a chance on e-bay and spending $900 for an A-100 with a leslie but not the kind of leslie I want.  I will be getting the organ sat week.  Hopefully it's in the condition the guy said it was in.  Anyway the a-100 is the same organ as the B3/C3.  Differance being the a-100 has built in speakers.  hth

Sweet Jen you got it!!!  LGM awaits pics and video.
Pages: [1]   Go Up