LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Some Words Of Wisdom  (Read 12990 times)

Offline ftaveira

• LGM Member

Re: Some Words Of Wisdom
« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2009, 08:00:25 AM »
Cool words

Offline jude63

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2009, 03:49:14 PM »
Wow.....thats the truth T Block.......I been there

Offline floaded27

• LGM Member
    • MySpace Profile

« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2009, 12:55:25 AM »
while this is true and for me totally obvious, the problem for me is that this isnt always an option in many cases. sometimes the time needed to obtain more in order to make the task easier isnt available. so maybe i can put it down for a day or 2, but i really need to just walk away for a few weeks and come back to it. unfortunately if the obligation requires me to have what i can in a few days, then a few weeks break is just not feasible.

but i do review old things that were beyond my reach back then and i can see how much i've grown and see how much easier some things became.
For my God... let "Golden Axe" prevail.

Offline augmented apprentice

• LGM Member

« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2010, 09:37:58 PM »
I'm so glad that you posted this  I was preparing for a christmas concert  the praise leader wanted me an another musician to learn the parts  .I practiced everyday twice a day in the mornings  .when my family is watching movies I was practicing . I did everything I thought I could do to learn that piece of music ..when it was time to show the praise leader our song we weren't ready  .so she decided to play the track instead of using us  . I was so upset and shane I felt hurt  and discouraged  .but now after reading this I must say that I'm not ready that does it mean I'll never be ready just not now    . so whoever posted this I really appreciate that  god bless you

Offline direKta

• LGM Member

« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2011, 03:25:11 PM »
Thank you so very much for that.  It also helps to pray and ask the Holy Ghost to open your hearing and understanding as well.  But you are right.  Learning other techniques and hearing other progressions eventually does open your understanding better.  Your suggestion has actually worked for me numerous times.  Again, thank you.

On another note:  Do you happen to have the chords for "Great Name" from Stephen Hurd's new cd "Times of Refreshing"?  Can't seem to find it anywhere.  ANy help would be greatly appreciated.

direKta

Offline T-Block

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • I got my MBA!!!

« Reply #45 on: March 17, 2011, 05:44:50 PM »
Thank you so very much for that.  It also helps to pray and ask the Holy Ghost to open your hearing and understanding as well.  But you are right.  Learning other techniques and hearing other progressions eventually does open your understanding better.  Your suggestion has actually worked for me numerous times.  Again, thank you.

On another note:  Do you happen to have the chords for "Great Name" from Stephen Hurd's new cd "Times of Refreshing"?  Can't seem to find it anywhere.  ANy help would be greatly appreciated.

direKta

So true. I'm always praying that God would help me to become an even better musician. It's through his strength that I am where I am today.

As to your song request, I've never heard of that song before. Maybe u can post a video or link to it so that someone here on LGM can assist you!
Real musicians play in every key!!!
Music Theory, da numbers work!

Offline Gina3

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #46 on: April 09, 2014, 12:48:35 PM »
very good and sound advice
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up