LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How DID I learn to play the way I do... The answer  (Read 665 times)

How DID I learn to play the way I do... The answer
« on: June 22, 2004, 03:44:10 AM »
Practice with the lights off... This sounds crazy! However, it develops your ear... When a person goes blind the human body increases other factors to off-set the condition... Train your mind... with the lights off...

Yes, this sounds crazy BUT once that ear kicks in... Man, you can play anything and a lot faster... Because you are not thinking about it...just making it happen..

Offline BBoy

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Let's Praise Jesus Together!

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2004, 08:39:43 AM »
A very gifted music teacher and recording artist says that in order to train yourself to play by ear, you should practice with the lights off. There is something to this theory, though I myself have yet to try it.  :wink:

Be Blessed!  :lol:
Joshua 1: 7, 8

Offline Dredakyst

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2004, 08:49:06 AM »
However I do believe that eyes limit your faith... ya know. " Cause faith is the substance... " Hebrews 11:1

Not to go into a sermon... but sometimes we can't trust God farther than we can see... sad thing is most of us apply that mentality to everything we do in our lives... Therefore,  handicaping the whole process & purpose of what and where God wants us to be...
Pages: [1]   Go Up