LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thanks, 4HisGlory  (Read 4026 times)

Offline BBoy

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Let's Praise Jesus Together!

Thanks, 4HisGlory
« on: June 23, 2004, 10:02:46 AM »
Whoa, I am JAZZED! Our very own guitar room! Those of you that play gospel guitar, let's GET AFTER IT! I'm posting some simple starting stuff, such as relative tuning.

Thank God, and thanks for the room,  4HisGlory!  :D

Be Blessed
Joshua 1: 7, 8

Offline 4hisglory

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Learn Gospel Musiic

Noo...
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2004, 12:36:59 PM »
Thank you BBoy, for coming here.  :D
:)

Thanks, 4HisGlory
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2004, 01:38:52 PM »
I'm psyched too. I'm really a clarinetist but I've been self-teaching the guitar to try to get competent enough to fill in when we don't have a pianist. I have to say learning to play gospel is a lot harder than other styles though, since there aren't a lot of models out there. props to the mods (4HisGlory, i guess) and to all those with knowledge to share!

Offline raypam

• LGM Member

Thanks, 4HisGlory
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2004, 03:23:48 PM »
the gospel style is hard to learn on the guitar...I can take chords and play them, but they always sound country.  My bishop plays guitar, so I'll be getting with him.

Offline BBoy

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Let's Praise Jesus Together!

Thanks, 4HisGlory
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2004, 06:50:43 PM »
Well, please feel free to post anything you learn so that others (and when I say "others," I mean myself  :wink: ) can benefit.  :lol:

However, that "country" sound might be anything from the strings you are using, to the wood of the guitar, to the chords that are being played. I played one of Fred Hammand's songs (Lord of the Harvest) for a buddy of mine, asking him to pick out the chords. As many of you know, this is a very upbeat, urban-sounding choir song. My buddy only had my second-choice, eighty-nine dollar acoustic guitar with the cheap steel strings, and it sounded GREAT!  The anointing just makes a difference; but then again he also knows how to bend chords, modulate quickly, etc  :lol:

Actually, it seems to me that the steel strings might give more of an urban sound, while the steel and silk strings give more of that country sound . . . but steel and silk sure does feel nicer  :D

Be Blessed  8)
Joshua 1: 7, 8
Pages: [1]   Go Up