LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: How much should a drummer get paid if ?  (Read 20612 times)

Offline BEATBOXERZ

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Re: How much should a drummer get paid if ?
« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2006, 11:42:44 AM »
Amen.  Drummers are NECESSARY.  As I said before.  Organists aren't NECESSARY if you have a keys player, and a keys player isn't NECESSARY if you have an Organist.  and a Bass Player isn't NECESSARY if you have a really good Organist (who can run the baseline in his left hand or with his foot.

Who's going to make up for not having a drummer?!?!

I don't care WHAT kind of drum sequence you have.  There's no substitute for a live drummer.  You can signal the drummer and have different cues and signs to do different things at different times.  No substitute.
They ain't listening bruh. There are chruches out here in my community who are wishing I would come and join their congresssion and provide with the percussion element to their choir now that they got the news that I'm no longer drumming and playing keys at my chruch. I rather just go and get the word. And a drummer of my clabier is hard to come by, and I'm not being cocky at all. It's just all the drummers who are on my level don't play in chruch, they play in other venues because of the attitudes of these people who feel like "Oh your just a drummer, you not a musician".

MaestroDivine

« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2006, 11:52:31 AM »
And a drummer of my clabier is hard to come by, and I'm not being cocky at all.

That's great. I love it when musicians are willin' to admit that they know they're good.

...........but, I'm curious about something else, tho'...

Why is the word 'cocky' used to describe someone arrogant? Why did they decide that THAT was a good word to use? Any ideas, ladies and gentleman?

HustleMan

« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2006, 11:58:19 AM »
That's great. I love it when musicians are willin' to admit that they know they're good.

Why is the word 'cocky' used to describe someone arrogant? Why did they decide that THAT was a good word to use? Any ideas, ladies and gentleman?

:-X

MaestroDivine

« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2006, 11:59:59 AM »

Offline BEATBOXERZ

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2006, 12:01:31 PM »
I think many people think it requires more skill to play the organ/keyboard than the drums.  I think it would be harder to replace an organist than a drummer.  If I had a choice between a drummer and no organist/keyboard player and keyboard player/organist and no drummer...give me the organ/keyboard.  They are both important....just that in many churches you have quite a few guys/gals playing the drums, but not so much keyboard/organ.
Do you truly believe that it takes more skill to play other musical instruments then it does to play the drums ?/??
Lady what do you play? I would be willing to put money on it, if I was a gambling man, that if you asked to play the drums in a professional setting that you would clam up and sweat and fall off the drum throne. Not because you're a girl but you can't play like a pro drummer. It's a whole diffrerent animal. Please, don't disrespect what is that we do as percussionist. Most of us drummers are multi instrumentalist, technicians, engineers and producers. I seen chruch organist and keyboardist who can even turn on a mixing board. ?/?

Offline BEATBOXERZ

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #45 on: October 24, 2006, 12:04:19 PM »

OK, what word do you think I should you use then? Go get a thesaurus and get back at me.

MaestroDivine

« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2006, 12:14:59 PM »
OK, what word do you think I should you use then? Go get a thesaurus and get back at me.

Oh, I don't know, man.

I just wonder who came up with it, and why. Interesting when you think about it, don't you think?

Offline BEATBOXERZ

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2006, 12:20:00 PM »
Oh, I don't know, man.

I just wonder who came up with it, and why. Interesting when you think about it, don't you think?
I don't know either, maybe over- confident would be a better word. Maybe some surfer dude came up with that word in Santa Cruz or something. I never looked at it in a funny thinking way if you know what I mean. :-\

HustleMan

« Reply #48 on: October 24, 2006, 12:22:29 PM »
Does that mean you don't know?

It means "No Comment"   :D

Offline musiqisme26

• LGM Member
  • Yaron MusicCo. Gospels Fresh Sound!

« Reply #49 on: October 24, 2006, 12:53:08 PM »
I think many people think it requires more skill to play the organ/keyboard than the drums.  I think it would be harder to replace an organist than a drummer.  If I had a choice between a drummer and no organist/keyboard player and keyboard player/organist and no drummer...give me the organ/keyboard.  They are both important....just that in many churches you have quite a few guys/gals playing the drums, but not so much keyboard/organ.

i disagree with this statement on the sole purpose that i play organ with my left right hand along with the footpedal, but i cant get on the drums and do a single lick.

each instrument requires its own unique skill not just organ and not just drums and not everyone is blessed with those talents so be careful when posting which is harder bcuz each has its own difficulties

Offline BEATBOXERZ

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #50 on: October 24, 2006, 01:16:08 PM »
i disagree with this statement on the sole purpose that i play organ with my left right hand along with the footpedal, but i cant get on the drums and do a single lick.

each instrument requires its own unique skill not just organ and not just drums and not everyone is blessed with those talents so be careful when posting which is harder bcuz each has its own difficulties
AMEN!!!

Offline tko05

• LGM Member

« Reply #51 on: October 24, 2006, 01:16:33 PM »

[/quote]

Im prety sure it comes from the rooster, which is also called a cock. The rooster is percieved as a verry arrogant animal, hence the word "cocky". Well Im done with my orgins lesson. Class dismissed. LOL!!!!!
“If Better Is Possible, Good Is No Longer An Option.

Offline BEATBOXERZ

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #52 on: October 24, 2006, 01:26:26 PM »

Im prety sure it comes from the rooster, which is also called a cock. The rooster is percieved as a verry arrogant animal, hence the word "cocky". Well Im done with my orgins lesson. Class dismissed. LOL!!!!!
I was thinking the same thing, but I wasn't sure. Good lesson! ;)

Offline drummerforgod

• LGM Member

« Reply #53 on: October 25, 2006, 11:25:47 AM »
So whats about Guitarplayers  ;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;
Stay in the Pocket of GOD!

Offline ny_drummer_85

• LGM Member
  • flaco

« Reply #54 on: October 25, 2006, 12:36:24 PM »
1 timothy 5:18 ...The worker is worthy of his reward...galatians 6:7 whatsoever a man sow, that he also reap...to avoid being under and over paid, musicians should get paid acording to the amount of time+effort they put into their work( which of course should be seen in their playing). Being honest you wouldnt pay me what you'd pay Calvin Rodgers or Teddy Campbell :-\...they both do way more than just play drums... I belive that drummers play a very important role in music because a drum sequencer can probably do the accents,fills, brakes etc but it cant play with feeling and with anointing. all you need is a drummer and some to play cords with a bass line and a lil extra, like a guitar or piano or key board or organ player... ;D.     
BE BLESSED!

Offline BEATBOXERZ

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #55 on: October 25, 2006, 12:47:28 PM »
1 timothy 5:18 ...The worker is worthy of his reward...galatians 6:7 whatsoever a man sow, that he also reap...to avoid being under and over paid, musicians should get paid acording to the amount of time+effort they put into their work( which of course should be seen in their playing). Being honest you wouldnt pay me what you'd pay Calvin Rodgers or Teddy Campbell :-\...they both do way more than just play drums... I belive that drummers play a very important role in music because a drum sequencer can probably do the accents,fills, brakes etc but it cant play with feeling and with anointing. all you need is a drummer and some to play cords with a bass line and a lil extra, like a guitar or piano or key board or organ player... ;D.     
Welcome to the Fam NY! Have fun, contribute, and learn :).

Offline Cherri

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Imperial Majesty! $200,000...

« Reply #56 on: October 25, 2006, 12:48:36 PM »
Greetings!
What can I $ay Juanita Bynum is my cicerone.

Offline dwhitta

• LGM Member

« Reply #57 on: October 25, 2006, 05:59:15 PM »
Well, I play for a church with a membership recorded to about 2,000 people. And, I play set and I only get 160 for two services, plus taxes are being taken out so that would equal about 147 and some change, I don't worry about money, but on the real side, I am getting ripped off bad, but GOD handles people when they know they are doing u wrong.

Offline musiqisme26

• LGM Member
  • Yaron MusicCo. Gospels Fresh Sound!

« Reply #58 on: October 25, 2006, 06:25:58 PM »
Well, I play for a church with a membership recorded to about 2,000 people. And, I play set and I only get 160 for two services, plus taxes are being taken out so that would equal about 147 and some change, I don't worry about money, but on the real side, I am getting ripped off bad, but GOD handles people when they know they are doing u wrong.

But isnt it up to you to say i feel like you the church is taking advantage of my gift and i choose to stay.

Offline baggettcindy

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #59 on: October 26, 2006, 04:46:51 PM »
Do you truly believe that it takes more skill to play other musical instruments then it does to play the drums ?/??
Lady what do you play? I would be willing to put money on it, if I was a gambling man, that if you asked to play the drums in a professional setting that you would clam up and sweat and fall off the drum throne. Not because you're a girl but you can't play like a pro drummer. It's a whole diffrerent animal. Please, don't disrespect what is that we do as percussionist. Most of us drummers are multi instrumentalist, technicians, engineers and producers. I seen chruch organist and keyboardist who can even turn on a mixing board. ?/?
I play the drums...i said many people think the drums are easier...they take it for granted.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up