LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: should I or should i not?  (Read 1228 times)

Offline bigboi_08

• LGM Member

should I or should i not?
« on: September 20, 2006, 02:07:01 PM »
Here's the deal,...... see i was thinking about singing for the school choir and all,.....but im a little hesistant about it cause...i mainly wanted to sing gospel, which is something they do like at the last thirty min of practice..... but they aren't really a gospel choir,... they are more of a choral group, and focus mainly on choral types of music,.....but i just want to know wat yall think,....cause if i do it then this will be my first since 6th grade singing with a group again,...and im kinda scared cause i dont know if i got my voice back in the right shape for it and i dont wanna sound bad and out of shape,... but wat do yall think

Offline ndel

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Re: should I or should i not?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2006, 03:04:53 PM »
 ;D ;D

Go for it! ;D   Sounds like you want to do this and need a little push.  Well, I'm pushin' ya. ;D

The first part of the session you'll get invaluable training to use whenever you sing.

Some of the techniques you'll learn will help you to sing in a way that will help your  voice stay

healthy.  Enjoy! enjoy! If you get in and it's not what you want :-\ get out at the first opportunity. ;D

Offline Sweetsoundz

• LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2006, 03:58:39 PM »
Go for it! even though they don't sing gospel, you can still sing gospel at church....

Offline nessalynn77

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Inspirational Contemplation

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2006, 05:59:03 PM »
I agree.  You have nothing to lose by at least giving it a shot.  If you don't you may wish you had done it later.

Offline Furious Styles

• LGM Member

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2006, 12:52:56 AM »
It will refine some of the natural abilities that you have already. I sang in a similar choir in high school and college. In high school it was only four part harmony STAB (soprano tenor alto bass) In college we sang 8 part harmony which is very complicated but beautiful because you learn to sing an octave lower than your voice range. In other words you are harmonizing with your voice range. It makes for great training in intonation and voice control. Some of the best choral music to sing is those old negro spirtuals. They can take you on in too... It's the praise of our ancestors. It will give you a deeper appreciation for music and the original form of gospel. Which I like to call OG music..(Original Gospel)
Ignorance is Bliss

Offline 2KlubKlarity

• LGM Member
  • Green Eyed Divinity
    • Let me know who you are & where you are from (lgm)

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2006, 02:10:11 AM »
From someone is in a college choir....DO IT! It is great practice and will get ya voice back into shape! You really don't have nothing to lose. Right now, we aren't doing as much gospel as we usually do because we are preparing certain pieces for Italy, but if ya caught us in the past...we tore into some good 'ol Moses Hogan. So best of luck.

Miss Klarity
"Prayer is the key. Faith unlocks the door."

Offline nessalynn77

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Inspirational Contemplation

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2006, 09:56:22 AM »
I listened to some Moses Hogan that one of my friends has, he used to sing them in college.  They were really good!

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2006, 10:07:17 AM »
I listened to some Moses Hogan that one of my friends has, he used to sing them in college.  They were really good!

I really like a lot of Moses Hogan's stuff.  :D I remember those days.
Despite our communication technology, no invention is as effective as the sound of the human voice.

Offline LyricTenor

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Not ONE Muslim joke!! >:-(

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2006, 02:03:26 PM »
I agree w/all the previous supporters.  I wish I could go to the local HS now and get some of that training myself.

Offline chosenandcalled

• LGM Member
  • I John 4:16- He that dwelleth in love...

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2006, 12:07:43 PM »
i think you should. God is on your side, give Him all your praise!!
Chosenandcalled

many are called but few are CHOSEN......
Pages: [1]   Go Up