LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Terreon Gully  (Read 887 times)

Offline sugabear

• LGM Member
  • Wolfgang, if you don't know...find out! Seriously!

Terreon Gully
« on: October 24, 2006, 02:12:04 PM »
Terreon Gully laying it down on a compact setup with Stefon Harris.

My goal as a musician is to be better than myself.
check out my site www.tampogo.com/alsmith!!!

Offline BEATBOXERZ

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Re: Terreon Gully
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2006, 02:39:27 PM »
Good post my man! That's what I'm talkin' about.

Offline Natejam71

• LGM Member
  • Anointed Gospel Musician
    • Anointed Gospel Musician (AGM)

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2006, 08:06:18 PM »
Just a bass drum, high-hat, snare, and a ride.. and killing...you must have creativity in order to play and sound good with just the basics... Stay Blessed, Nate J.

edough

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2006, 08:36:53 PM »
Just a bass drum, high-hat, snare, and a ride.. and killing...you must have creativity in order to play and sound good with just the basics... Stay Blessed, Nate J.

I agree!!!
 good post

Offline SabianKnight

• LGM Member
  • Art by C1... Thanx Bruh!

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2006, 12:30:30 AM »

More so than creativity is the fact that you have to have a full vocabulary. (Personally I can admit that mine is under developed in fluency)..

KNowledge is power. Max Roach has done many performance with either just a snare drum (while accompanying vocalists and a singer) or just hi-hats. You kinda struck on it... the fact of KNOWING the BASICS (FUNDAMENTALS). We need to be able to play no matter what. That Thomas Lang clip was another great example. However this one will catch everyone because most don't see Tank as a technical drummer but compared to most folks, HE IS. This guys learned the same stuff that Chris Dave and Eric Harland did  . Now look where they all are and look how they use theinstrument to communicate. It's a beautifu thing to see/hear folk whom know what they are doing. Dominion... Mastery.

One.
Try not to become a person of success but rather a person of VALUE. - T. Harv Eker
Pages: [1]   Go Up