LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Snare wires ?/  (Read 2226 times)

drummer779

Snare wires ?/
« on: November 02, 2006, 01:44:55 PM »
Does anyone have any experience using 40 strand snare wires... I have always used 20 strand snares which is pretty much the standard and usually the factory choice........please give me some feedback............also my snare is a pearl masters mmx 6.5x14 with an emperor x batter head.

Eccentric-Rhythm

Re: Snare wires ?/
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2006, 01:51:04 PM »
BBD uses 42 strand Gibraltars...He'll let you know. I currently use the stock Pearls on my MHX 14x6.5. I have also used the Puresound Equalizers. They are nice too.

JFunky

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2006, 02:00:21 PM »
...I think bigblackdrummer stated that he uses 42 strand snares on his drum.  He can help you with his opinions.  As for the head you're using, take the Emperor X off and use either a CS Ambassador Coated on batter and an Ambassador snare side if you like REMO.

...If you want Evans, get a Power Center Reverse Dot Coated on batter and a Hazy 300 on snare side.

...you're killin' your nice snare with the "X". ;)

JFunky

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2006, 02:04:22 PM »
...yeah okay, "E" beat me to it. ;D

...by the way "E", what's with you still rockin' the stocks ?/? 

git'r done 

Eccentric-Rhythm

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2006, 02:54:19 PM »
...yeah okay, "E" beat me to it. ;D

...by the way "E", what's with you still rockin' the stocks ?/? 

git'r done 

I hate to say it, but the stockie sounded a little better than the Equalizer. I think I am going to try something else. but then again, I havent tried the Equalizers with the Glass 500 reso head. man, that head is a must for anything deeper than 5 inches.

Eccentric-Rhythm

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2006, 02:55:45 PM »
and so you can get at me again....I still have the stock heads on my kit!  :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\
ya ya ya ya... I know.

I have just been waiting for the EC2's.

Offline Ibilddrums

• LGM Member

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2006, 05:50:00 PM »
Whenever I build deep drums, meaning 6" or deeper, I use the Puresound Super 30's or Gibraltar 42 strand wires...
The reasoning behind not using them on shallower shells is because of the fact that they are so broad across the bottom head
it muffles the drum a little too much...

You will obviously feel more sensativity and snare sound... however if your snare doesn't have proper snare beds you might get too much
buzz and overtone...
I love them and and use them every chance I get...

Eccentric-Rhythm

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2006, 06:13:32 AM »
Whenever I build deep drums, meaning 6" or deeper, I use the Puresound Super 30's or Gibraltar 42 strand wires...
The reasoning behind not using them on shallower shells is because of the fact that they are so broad across the bottom head
it muffles the drum a little too much...

You will obviously feel more sensativity and snare sound... however if your snare doesn't have proper snare beds you might get too much
buzz and overtone...
I love them and and use them every chance I get...

With another one talking about the Gibraltar's being good on a deep snare, I am gonna have to go buy some...

Offline Ibilddrums

• LGM Member

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2006, 11:30:23 AM »
With another one talking about the Gibraltar's being good on a deep snare, I am gonna have to go buy some...
Yeah they're not bad... Check out the Puresound 30's or if you have a 14" snare Puresound METRIX 40 strand...

Eccentric-Rhythm

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2006, 07:01:30 AM »
Yeah they're not bad... Check out the Puresound 30's or if you have a 14" snare Puresound METRIX 40 strand...

Thanks. will do.
Pages: [1]   Go Up