LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: To The Real & Sincere Christly Music Ministers  (Read 1127 times)

AP Psalmist Jackson

To The Real & Sincere Christly Music Ministers
« on: October 28, 2006, 06:29:57 PM »
There is a separate testimony (Revelation 12:11) that goes along with this impartation from the Lord Jesus Christ and here’s it’s link:

http://ppmwmi.conforums.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&num=1109635222

Just copy this into your browser to go and read that to be encouraged.

It is so interesting how this Word but more so exhortation came about.  I’d been distracted and slightly exploited and therefore “lost” my thought for scribing down the Word of God and doing ministerial things.  I prayed that God would give me back and also more of what He wanted for me this hour.  This impartation and exhortation is a part of what He gave me.

Now that you’ve read the testimony, you have a pretty good insight to where this is headed and going.  I will just share more faith and testimony that when I was in undergrad, I was attracted to the gospel choir.  I didn’t know what this entailed for I’d never really sang in choir before in the congregation.  I’d sang in public school choir but this IS different from collegiate gospel choir.  One of the things that the director instilled is Bible study BEFORE rehearsal began so that we would know what we were singing about.  Looking back, I feel I was like Samuel in those youth days:

1 Samuel 3:7  Now Samuel did not yet know the LORD, neither was the word of the LORD yet revealed unto him.

So I would submit myself to teaching by God’s ministers.  Even though I didn’t know how to study the Word for myself something was activated in me to see the connection of the scriptures with the songs.  I didn’t know what I was receiving but I liked the idea that the songs we sang had a connection with God’s Holy Word.  This excited me.  I was still young in the Lord and would participate in this gospel choir for the next 3 years or so.

I’d been told by the director that if I did not use the gifts and abilities in music to glorify God that God would take them away from me.  This frightened me and then I began to avail myself to local congregations.  It would be a while before I had my first assignment from the Lord Jesus Christ.  My first assignment was to a Catholic congregation and teens.  I couldn’t readily mandate upon them to search the scriptures to see where the songs would come from.  I do not remember fully, but I do believe that I would share with them the Word of God and where these songs came from.  Not a whole lot but enough as the Lord would give me.  I was still learning about “ministry” and I was young.  After I’d been there a few years, I got a greater assignment in a Baptist congregation.  Now right here I want to show you this:

Psalms 75:6-7  For promotion cometh neither from the east, nor from the west, nor from the south.  But God is the judge: he putteth down one, and setteth up another.

Matthew 25:20-21  And so he that had received five talents came and brought other five talents, saying, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me five talents: behold, I have gained beside them five talents more.  His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.

Anything you do for the Lord God MUST be done in faith (Romans 1:17, 14:23 + Hebrews 11:6), by His Spirit (Zechariah 4:6), in Christ’s Spirit (Romans 8:9) and in His love (I Corinthians 13:1-3).  We MUST OBEY God too (I Samuel 15:22 + Acts 5:29).

I didn’t know that I’d been imparted too very strongly with the connection of God’s Word and His music.  Of course I didn’t see the Prophetic Psalmist-Minstrel, I was still learning.  So the Lord would make me bold and I would ask the choir at this congregation about the connection between God’s Word and His music.  I would ask them to find scripture to support the songs we sang.  This was a growing interest with me and I wanted them to grow in God’s Word too.  I give ALL glory and honor to the Lord for this because it HAD to be Him doing these things through me.  As we grew in the Lord, we would have the visitation of the Holy Spirit in the rehearsals.  I didn’t know what to call it but the Spirit of the Lord would descend upon us and I would prophesy (not knowing this is what I would do). 

It is written:

1 Samuel 10:5-6  After that thou shalt come to the hill of God, where is the garrison of the Philistines: and it shall come to pass, when thou art come thither to the city, that thou shalt meet a company of prophets coming down from the high place with a psaltery, and a tabret, and a pipe, and a harp, before them; and they shall prophesy: And the Spirit of the LORD will come upon thee, and thou shalt prophesy with them, and shalt be turned into another man.

I remember coming home to my apartment in the afternoons after classes.  I would get SO interested in what we call the Old Testament and the learning about the Prophets.  I didn’t know God had me in the preparation, throws and training of a Prophet.  I just didn’t get the connection in those days.  When I would get a Word from the Lord, all I knew was to type up this message, make copies and distribute it to the choir.  The Spirit would lead me to speak to them about it and speak this message.  Choir members would call me on the phone and I would be led to pray with them or go to God’s Word on the matter.  The Lord had placed people in my life to instruct me in the Word of God.  So then when different things would arise, I would say “it is written.”  I didn’t know the Lord was using me as His Prophet.  Now I want to balance this testimony and story with God’s Truth (John 8:32).  I am just a man (Psalms 8:4) and recently, I had this congregation on my heart and the Lord gave me a dream showing me that I was in the flesh when I was there.  It came as a shock to me but I QUICKLY repented and confessed of it and got back under the blood of Jesus regarding the matter.  This is a message to ALL of those in Christ’s body, we’re NEVER too big to be corrected by the Father:

Job 5:17  Behold, happy is the man whom God correcteth: therefore despise not thou the chastening of the Almighty:

Proverbs 3:12  For whom the LORD loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth.

Remember, God IS LOVE (I John 4:8).  His motivation in chastising, correcting, rebuking is love and to make better, to liberate and these things.  He’s NOT an evil God sitting on the throne thinking of who He can trouble because love thinks NO evil (I Corinthians 13:5). 

So I would move to another congregation.  The testimony you’ve read at the beginning basically tells what went on there.  Yet the Lord used me there to minister in more ways.  I would still pray with them, actually minister to the choir members and tell them what thus saith the Lord God of Hosts.  So my point for sharing all this is to minister to the sincere music ministers in Christ’s body.  I do not know God’s plans for your life for promotion in Him or if the music minister ability is transient.  Only God knows and in His way and timing I believe He will reveal more to me about this and at that time I will share more with you about these areas of God.  Yet what I’m getting at are some tips in being a Christ oriented music minister and taking your calling (however the Lord God gives) seriously.  When we minister to God’s people in what ever capacity, we are to NOT play around, play games or be insincere.  The scribe angels are writing EVERYTHING down, even in the inward parts and we have to give an account of these things one day before the Lord God:

Romans 14:12  So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.

The whole idea and plan is to get the fear of God AND the fear of the Lord within you AND upon you:

Job 28:28  And unto man he said, Behold, the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom; and to depart from evil is understanding.

Psalms 111:10  The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do his commandments: his praise endureth for ever.

2 Corinthians 7:1  Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.

Ephesians 5:21  Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God.

Do a Bible search for the “fear of the Lord” and the “fear of God.”  It will only bless you what you find!

Some ideas for those of you that are serious and sincere about being a Christly (John 10:30, 14:6) music minister are:

▸   pray BEFORE your practice privately and submit all natural talents/abilities to God
▸   ask the Father for the songs to share with your choir or what ever groups you manage
▸   realize that God puts in YOU the spiritual authority (Romans 13) & responsibility there
▸   submit to the authority of the The Eternal Godhead firstmost and then to where you are
▸   ask God to break you and manifest the life of Christ Jesus in you
▸   MINISTER to your groups collectively, personally and individually
▸   be led of the Holy Spirit at ALL times
▸   ask the Father to teach you how to play in the Spirit
▸   be a team player and not position oriented
▸   firstmost LOVE at all times (John 13:34-35)
▸   remain teachable and open to ALL Godly ideas
▸   prayer without ceasing (Luke 18:1 + I Thessalonians 5:17)
▸   choose vocal leaders who manifest the fruit of Christ and who will minister to the flock
▸   be bold in the Lord (Ephesians 6:10)
▸   put on the whole armor of God (Ephesians 6:10-20)
▸   remain humble, broken before God and meek {meekness is NOT weakness}
▸   pray before rehearsals & be open to the Spirit’s gentle leading
▸   prophesy (I Corinthians 14:5, 39 +I Thessalonians 5:20)
▸   prophesy upon the instrument (I Chronicles 25:3)
▸   ask God for fresh oil, new wine, new wineskins, fresh anointing and more grace
▸   give everything BACK to God, yield & submit it back to Him

Of course, there’s PLENTY more.  The list IS endless.  These are just a few things that the Lord is revealing to me to share with you all.

uniquepraise

Re: To The Real & Sincere Christly Music Ministers
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2006, 08:02:34 PM »
I takes a lifestyle of praise and worship in order for everything above to be effective.  Not just 30 min before service but Sun-Sun all day taking time to get into His presence.
Pages: [1]   Go Up