LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Secular Artists at Mega Fest  (Read 1920 times)

Secular Artists at Mega Fest
« on: June 25, 2004, 11:51:14 AM »
Wat is dis I hear? Td Jakes has secular artists to perform at Mega Fest. I dont find this as Wisdom on da Bishop's part. India Arie, Jill Scott and otha folks are set to perform at da biggest christian event in American history...and dey believe in a faith contrary to the Word of God..Fellow levites, dis is not right I feel in God's eyes. Feedback, response

Offline Dredakyst

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2004, 01:48:25 PM »
Well my take is that... Jakes and dem is trying to reach all that they can.. by pulling artists that will bring people that wouldn't normally wouldn't be reached by Christian alone...

Mind you that Jesus ate with tax collectors and many other notorious sinners... and the Church Folks(Pharisees) didn't like that...
mark 2:17

So i am guess that is the angle... if we can get you out... then you will hear a word... and a seed will be planted... Now it is up for God to make it Grow.. 1 cor 3

Offline BBoy

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Let's Praise Jesus Together!

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2004, 07:33:08 PM »
Have Arie are Scott gotten saved recently? Maybe they are saved and want to play and sing for God now . . . let's hope so !  :wink:

Be Blessed  8)
Joshua 1: 7, 8

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2004, 12:37:30 AM »
Quote from: BBoy
Have Arie are Scott gotten saved recently? Maybe they are saved and want to play and sing for God now . . . let's hope so !  :wink:

Be Blessed  8)

Unfortunately, dey are practicing the faith of the 5 percent doctrine..Black man is God and all dat nonsense. Im worried about da church blending with the world..Guys like R.Kelly wrote for Bishop Jakes as well. A carnal sinner writing music for Jakes? I find sumthing wrong with that. Yes Christ did sit with the tax collectors Dredakyst but he did not compromise with these men. I find alot of compromising going on with music and the Body of Christ. Missy producing songs for Karen Clarke? Spirits are attached to music and dat is dangerous to have any sinner come up on ur music. Also, I heard Bishop Jakes was on CNN and not once did he mention Jesus Christ and wat not, but he was sayin "spirituality"! I wish dat we begin to pray to god and ask to give us musicians discernment to see the plans of the enemy through music cuz if da Devil wants to get into da church, wat betta way den to have secular artists sing and spread their mess at Mega Fest..or should I say megamess!! Look at dis website from a guy i heard recently minister Craige lewis...www.exministries.com

Offline ChoirFANatic

• LGM Member

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2004, 07:31:29 PM »
I am listeneing to Joel Osteen right this minute and his message is "DO NOT JUDGE OTHERS". T.D Jakes is an anointed man of God and you can tell by the fruit he bears. He has specific reasons for inviting these different singers. This may be the convention they give their life to GOD!.This Mega FEST is not just a gas station for the Saints to fill up and go on there marry lil holyier than thou way. It ia a place for the unsaved to come and receive Jesus Christ as their Lord and Saviour.If you think that for one minute God does not want secular singers and the unsaved at the Mega fest or any other christian convention where they can actually get fed the word of God and eventually turn their lives over to God,or do you think he wants them to keep going to concerts and clubs where God is not being glorified!

BEFORE YOU JUDGE YOU HAVE TO KNOW THE HEART AND THE PURPOSE OF WHY PEOPLE ALLOW CERTAIN THINGS!

Offline shortmeetsshort

• LGM Member
    • http://

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2004, 08:14:56 PM »
Quote from: ChoirFANatic
I am listeneing to Joel Osteen right this minute and his message is "DO NOT JUDGE OTHERS". T.D Jakes is an anointed man of God and you can tell by the fruit he bears. He has specific reasons for inviting these different singers. This may be the convention they give their life to GOD!.This Mega FEST is not just a gas station for the Saints to fill up and go on there marry lil holyier than thou way. It ia a place for the unsaved to come and receive Jesus Christ as their Lord and Saviour.If you think that for one minute God does not want secular singers and the unsaved at the Mega fest or any other christian convention where they can actually get fed the word of God and eventually turn their lives over to God,or do you think he wants them to keep going to concerts and clubs where God is not being glorified!

BEFORE YOU JUDGE YOU HAVE TO KNOW THE HEART AND THE PURPOSE OF WHY PEOPLE ALLOW CERTAIN THINGS!

Took the words out of MY mouth!

I knew an organist who played sax at jazz clubs on saturday nights and played the organ on sunday mornings. Churches bashed him because of this, but his family had to eat. People have reasons for why they do things. Don't judge before you know those reasons.

Offline Zman

• LGM Member
    • http://

Be careful
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2004, 08:26:49 PM »
You have to be real careful when you speak against a man or woman of God. The best thing to do when you don't know is to ask God to reveal it to you and be quiet people of God. Stay out of hot water with God. He'll visit you if you speak out of order. It's one thing to have true discernment another thing to have an opinion. God ways are not our ways. Who can understand him. Who can understand Jesus spitting on the ground. Who understand him sleeping on a boat during a storm. WHO is like the Lord???

Bishop Jakes isn't God.....he is the Lords servant.

If God directed him I'm sure he's already prepared him to take the heat.
Write his ministry and ask if you really must know. :?:  You'll only find out from the Man of God himself.

God Bless.
Pages: [1]   Go Up