LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gettin' Paid to Play?  (Read 13707 times)

Offline blesedone1

• LGM Member
  • Happily, Happily Married

Re: Gettin' Paid to Play?
« Reply #60 on: January 20, 2009, 03:36:57 PM »
Is there anyone playing at thier home church and not getting paid?  I'm not and I'm happy.  I'm trying to help build my dad's ministry but I've recieved a lot of criticism from people I thought were genuine.  What's gospel music come to?
Yes. I play for my home church, no I am not getting paid.

Offline NJDBalla

• LGM Member
  • Aspiring to be better
    • Word Of Faith Apostolic Church

« Reply #61 on: January 20, 2009, 03:47:07 PM »
Why does this keep coming back? :D

and is this really appropriate to this forum?
Play what you KNOW is right; not what you THINK is right
BTW Go to http://www.wordoffaithmnc.com

Offline csharp57

• LGM Member
  • Music is life!!!!

« Reply #62 on: January 22, 2009, 12:14:19 AM »
Why does this keep coming back? :D

and is this really appropriate to this forum?

Its appropriate because the organist is usually the lead or MOM.  In a church where musicians are paid he will typically get the biggest portion.

"He has anoited me for service"

Offline momuzik

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #63 on: January 22, 2009, 06:20:37 AM »
Its appropriate because the organist is usually the lead or MOM.  In a church where musicians are paid he will typically get the biggest portion.

As a matter of fact, at some churches the MOM is the second highest paid person next to the pastor.

Offline NJDBalla

• LGM Member
  • Aspiring to be better
    • Word Of Faith Apostolic Church

« Reply #64 on: January 23, 2009, 06:32:35 PM »

But this is the Piano/Organ Chords forum...
lol I meant no harm...
Play what you KNOW is right; not what you THINK is right
BTW Go to http://www.wordoffaithmnc.com

Offline Antd123

• LGM Member

« Reply #65 on: October 07, 2009, 06:39:11 PM »
I think I have a very different situation than everyone. I play at a church I also run the sound and record the service to cd. I attend everything evening services weekend services and I travel but I dont get paid at all, somtimes I dont even get a thank you. Now I use to play the drums at the church and the player we had left to play somewhere else. Now when he played at the church they were paying him.  Now Im not anywhere near as good as he is yet but I learn all the songs they ask me to learn and so on.I guess they feel like since they didnt choose me they dont have to pay me. Now my mother says that I am stupid for playing there when they dont pay me but paid the other guy. I feel torn I love playing here but also I feel I should at least get a donation or somthing. I dont know what do you guys feel?

Offline MS MELLOW-D

• LGM Member

« Reply #66 on: October 12, 2009, 11:10:28 AM »

I believe with all my heart that when you take care of God's business, He will assuredly take care of yours.  I find that those who are payrolled musicians must give(cheerfully), meaning,  the firstfruits of your blessing(i.e. tithes, brothers and sisters), then there is the sacrifical seed(offering) that needs to follow. Any church that I have played for, and I do not say this boastfully, but with gratitude, I never asked for a dime.  Although, in each and every meeting, salary was the subject brought forth, which opened the floor for negotiations.  If the church desires a full-time minister of music, NOTE that I did say FULL-TIME, a salary package(including health benefits, 401 K, etc) should be implemented.  Our caucasian counterparts have no problem in doing so, why, because they fully understand the dynamics of the position that the individual is to secure.  Wake up 21st century church!!!!!!

It takes finances to keep new material in circulation(you know we want to sing every new song we hear on the radio), it takes finances to learn new techiques(i.e. DVD's, workshops), it takes finances to make sure that you have your own equipment(i.e. keyboards), just in case there is not suitable instruments to play when you travel.  In some situations, that may not be the case, but it is good to be prepared. Every church has not embraced the concept of "new technology".

Ministers of music, musicians, whatever the title, have an awesome task, if done correctly.  The Word says, "The servant(labourer) is worthy of his hire.  Pastors, ministers alike are paid for speaking engagements, ....I do know, that if the choir cannot attend, they are just as comfortable in just bringing the musician.  There is ministry in both areas.  Yes, brothers and sisters, it is far more than the money....Live Holy, Thirst and Hunger after Righteousness, Study God's Word, Be a Doer and not a Hearer only, Give God all the Glory, because it is not about you anyway.  I will say this with much conviction, "Your gift will make room for you".  Those who sow sparingly, will reap sparingly.  Those who sow bountifully, will reap bountifully.
Now, for those of you that will play without pay, God is blessing your mind, soul, and body.  And for those of us who will play, get paid, and give God what's rightfully His, I know God is blessing us in the same manner.  LISTEN TO THE HOLY SPIRIT!

Yours in Christ,
MS MELLOW-D

Offline PianoWizard

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • 費思是能力到不恐慌

« Reply #67 on: October 16, 2009, 07:44:59 AM »
AMEN TO THAT...."MS MELLOW-D"......AMEN TO THAT.

PianoWiz...

Offline musicmajordjs

• LGM Member

« Reply #68 on: October 26, 2009, 01:43:40 PM »
Not trying to sound mean or nothin but does anyone get paid on here???

Offline Gaxton

• LGM Member
    • http://

« Reply #69 on: November 04, 2009, 09:54:45 AM »
I've been playing for like ten years now, and I must tell I'm like the only

Instrumentalist (keyboard) who aint getting paid in my area, but its all good.

It doesn't bulge at all. If they decide to start paying I won't mind at all.

Some Musicians do demand to get paid and there's nothing wrong with that at all

so far u ask with the right attitude.

Offline musallio

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Merry Christmas to you :-)
    • Hear & Play page

« Reply #70 on: November 24, 2009, 10:06:01 AM »
I think I have a very different situation than everyone. I play at a church I also run the sound and record the service to cd. I attend everything evening services weekend services and I travel but I dont get paid at all, somtimes I dont even get a thank you. Now I use to play the drums at the church and the player we had left to play somewhere else. Now when he played at the church they were paying him.  Now Im not anywhere near as good as he is yet but I learn all the songs they ask me to learn and so on.I guess they feel like since they didnt choose me they dont have to pay me. Now my mother says that I am stupid for playing there when they dont pay me but paid the other guy. I feel torn I love playing here but also I feel I should at least get a donation or somthing. I dont know what do you guys feel?

Very noble deed friend.
I'm not saying that those asking to be paid are less nobler than you are.
You know what the Lord has put in your heart, so allow no man to negatively influence you.
There are many things I would like to say you should look out for etc, but it is your decision at the end of the day.

Do you NEED to be paid or do you want to be paid BECAUSE the previous guy was paid?

Whatever the case might be, never lose sight of the bigger picture ;)
All the best with your ministry & may God bless you for all that you have invested in the Kingdom.
I've been playing for like ten years now, and I must tell I'm like the only

Instrumentalist (keyboard) who aint getting paid in my area, but its all good.

It doesn't bulge at all. If they decide to start paying I won't mind at all.

Some Musicians do demand to get paid and there's nothing wrong with that at all

so far u ask with the right attitude.

that.
Powered & Sponsored by Jesus Christ...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up