LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Versatile Effects Processor???  (Read 742 times)

Offline Drumminman

• LGM Member

Versatile Effects Processor???
« on: February 22, 2006, 03:45:40 PM »
Just a quick question. I ran into a good deal on a BOSS GT-8 effects processor.  I'm getting ready to be stationed overseas and need something I can use for guitar AND bass. Some of the patches I try to edit sound a bit thin for bass and can't figure out how to fatten them up. Should I get rid of it and get a bass processor??? Any thoughts on the subject would be appreciated.

Offline 4hisglory

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Learn Gospel Musiic

Re: Versatile Effects Processor???
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2006, 12:43:36 PM »
Hmmmmm....I really don't know...sorry.  Hopefully someone does.
:)

Offline bigblackdrummer

• LGM Member
  • Curtis Cyril Bernard
    • http://www.myspace.com/phatcurtisbernard

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2006, 10:32:04 PM »
Zoom makes a really nice processors for guitar and bass for under 100. You can buy both and still have paid less then buying one boss efx...
Mapex Drums, Grant Custom Basses, Carparelli Basses, Istanbul Cymbals,!

Offline Steelpulz

• LGM Member
    • gospelbassmusic

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2006, 01:03:26 AM »
Get rid of it... I have a Boss GT-6B. I'm just now beginning to learn how to program it. Seems VERY versitile.
Conklin GTBD-7, Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0, Glasstone Lil G2, Holy Bible

Offline Drumminman

• LGM Member

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2006, 12:17:14 PM »
Hey all....
Thanks for the input. I'm checking out the Zoom Bass 2.1A (I think that's what it's called). I like having the expression pedal. I also play some guitar so I just was checking out the Digitech GNX4. It was a bunch of guitar amp models on it PLUS 11 bass amp models. All the effects can be used with both, it has an 8 track recorder built in. It has a USB connecter so you can connect it to your computer and many other options I don't want to take the time to list. Check it out at the Digitech website.
For playing both and songwriting, it seems the way to go. You can lay your tracks down.. export it to your computer and burn it to a disk, then take it to church and have the band check it out. OR just take the unit and play it from the flash memory. It looks like it's the way to go...
Pages: [1]   Go Up