LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: praise dance songs?  (Read 28424 times)

Offline chosenandcalled

• LGM Member
  • I John 4:16- He that dwelleth in love...

praise dance songs?
« on: November 06, 2006, 02:18:33 PM »

hey yall its chosen. Im a youth praise dance director at my church. what songs yall think would be good songs for praise dancing? (for you other people, interpretive praise or mime). let me know cuz we are so late getting our team going. write me or chat with me in the chat room, im online right now.

love yall,
                                                               chosen
Chosenandcalled

many are called but few are CHOSEN......

uniquepraise

Re: praise dance songs?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2006, 04:36:14 PM »
I am a one of praise dance leader at my church and here is some of what I have learned on the dance and choosing songs.

The very first thing you and your team would need to do is pray and seek GOD as to what word, decree, or message He wants to release to your ministry at that time.  I can give you tons of songs that are great to minister through dance but if its not the time or season to be released in your house then it will just be a performance.

Make sure whatever song is chosen has a scriptural foundation.  Without a foundation you have nothing to base your dance on.  For example: The song that says: Theres a thorn in my flesh that keeps on hindering me...Lord I really want to serve you if you just remove this thorn (parapharsing) Now when we search scripture to find a foundation

2 Corinthians 12:7-10 (NIV)
7 To keep me from becoming conceited because of these surpassingly great revelations, there was given me a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. 8 Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. 9 But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Now the song (one of my favorites)  I Will Bless the Lord (Byron Cage) you can find numerous scriptures to support that.  The song is basically scripture in itself.

Ps. 34:1 I will bless the LORD at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth.

Psalm 103:1 Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name.

Remember-just because a song sounds good doesn’t mean it has a scripturally sound foundation.  You always want minister in dance on a solid foundation.

When you research a song, look into what they are saying, type out the words, find scripture that coincides with the words.  During research, seek His face ask for Him to reveal to you what needs to be released.  He will reveal to you moves, what colors to wear or implements (flags, crowns scepters etc) to use when ministering in the dance.

I am getting ready to minister in the dance on the 18th....the Lord has given me the beginning of the dance and the end...I know to trust him on that day to give me the rest...(this is another area of dance called prophetic dance).  I know this is lengthy but this is one anointing and gift GOD has given me that I am very passionate about. 

Its also important to wear the right thing when ministering in the dance.  Its shouldnt be about what you have on but all focus should be GOD.  The garment that He's impressed upon me to wear is GOLD because we are asking that God's glory, His royalty come into the place.  I am excited! Because when you dance unto the glory of GOD the possibilities are endless of whats released.

I posted this a while back:

Something to consider

I've recently found new revelation and wanted to share with all who are musicians, praise and worship leaders and or ministers of the Most High. I hope this blesses someone.

We know that we are a fashion conscience society but what are you releasing spiritually through the colors your wear?

Psalmist (Praise & Worship Teams), Minstrels (Musicians) and Liturgical Dancers

Rom 15:6-That ye may with one mind and one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. (KJV)

Colors Meaning Scripture Reference

Red-- Blood atonement, salvation, sanctification, protection, blood convent
Matthew 27:28; Isaiah 1:18; Hebrews 9:12-14; Exodus 12:23; Leviticus 17:11, 14:52, 53

Orange-- Praise, warfare I Chronicles 23:13

Yellow-- Joy encouragement, gladness, countenance of God, God's glory Psalm 68:13, 84:11; Ezekiel 1:4, 8:2, Isaiah 51:11, 61:3; Hebrew 1:9; Matthew 17:2; Revelation 1:16;

Green-- New Life, rebirth, life everlasting, growth, prosperity, fruitfulness, resting in God, throne room I John 5:12, Psalm 1:3, 23:2, 37:35, 92:12-14; Hosea 14:8; Genesis 1:30; Mark 6:39; Revelation 4:3

Blue-- Grace, Heavenly realm, divine revelation, throne of God, God's commandments & covenant Exodus 24:10; Ezekiel 1:26, 10:1; Numbers 15:38

Purple-- Royalty, kingship, authority, wealth Judges 8L26; Mark 15:17, 18; John 19:2; Song of Solomon 3:10

White-- Purity, holiness, Holy Spirit, cleanses & purified, bride of Christ, righteousness Psalm 51:7, Matthew 17:2, 28:3; Revelation 3:4-5; Daniel 7:9, 12:10; John 20:12

Black-- Sin, death, famine, affliction Jeremiah 8:21, 14:2; Lamentation 4:8, Revelation 6:5

Gold-- Deity, divine nature, God's glory, Holiness/royalty, righteousness Exodus 37, 40:34-35; Revelation 1:13-14, 4:4, Malachi 3:3

Silver-- Redemption, God's word Numbers 18:15-16; Matthew 27:2-9; Psalm 12:6; 66:10

Pink-- Right relationships, Jehovah's heart Romans 3:25; Revelation 19:8

Bronze-- Judgment Exodus 27:1-3; 30:17-21

Brown & Gray-- Repentance, humility, humanity Esther 4:3; Genesis 1:10; I Corinthians 15:47

http://www.learngospelmusic.com/forums/index.php/topic,13328.0.html

You can find several different garments for men & women at www.gold-inc.org

Offline flojo4jc

• LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2006, 06:18:57 PM »
WOW...looks like Unique's got it covered.  Good stuff!  :)
Psalm 27:4 One thing that I desire...

uniquepraise

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2006, 05:35:29 PM »
WOW...looks like Unique's got it covered.  Good stuff!  :)

Comes from training and studying the Word.  ;D

Offline 2tight

• LGM Member

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2006, 05:21:31 PM »
ALot of the praise dance team do the presence of the Lord is here.
Shannon moore

Offline Little Feather

• LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2006, 09:54:52 AM »
Come now is the time to worship is a good praise dance song. The moves are easy, as a praise dance director, i developed something for that

Offline mythreeangels

• LGM Member

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2006, 02:05:24 PM »
I saw a group dance to "You're In the Right Place", and it was beautiful....I am not sure who sing it...

Offline youngmusician09

• LGM Member

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2006, 10:32:39 PM »
There are some songs that have an overall message that people can use everyday.  One of them that I see is "Take My Life" by Micah Stampley.
Pages: [1]   Go Up