LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: MUSICIANS THAT WANT TO PLAY YOUR STUFF  (Read 6455 times)

Offline musiqisme26

• LGM Member
  • Yaron MusicCo. Gospels Fresh Sound!

Re: MUSICIANS THAT WANT TO PLAY YOUR STUFF
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2006, 07:29:53 PM »
Sure, I'd love to. ;D

5 string DP Custom Double cut
35 inch scale 24 frets
Body: Spalted Maple top on Maple Body
Neck: 3 piece Padauk/Maple/Padauk
Matching Spalted Maple headstock
Macassar Ebony Fret board
Visible neck through
Gold hardware with individual string bridge
Pickup soapbar Mighty Mites
3 band Bartolini preamp
Schaller straplock.
Strings are Dean Markley Super Rounds

This is a versitile tone beast.
It is a little on the heavy side but well worth it for the outstanding sounds it can produce.
It has some minor cosmetic flaws, but nothing that ever make me give it up.

great info do you mind sharing price with me or via PM just a round about figure would be cool

Offline gambit23435

• LGM Member
  • http://myspace.com/bassin4god
    • Bassin 4 God

« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2006, 07:39:14 PM »
Including shipping $1050 total. :)

"A great guitar player is a great guitar player. A great bass player is a great musician"

Offline musiqisme26

• LGM Member
  • Yaron MusicCo. Gospels Fresh Sound!

« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2006, 07:50:26 PM »
thats wonderful. in the honest opinion you can give is it worth every penny?

Offline gambit23435

• LGM Member
    • Bassin 4 God

« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2006, 07:55:47 PM »
Well worth it and then some. ;D

"A great guitar player is a great guitar player. A great bass player is a great musician"

Offline rebuked

• LGM Member
    • Myspace

« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2006, 09:22:06 PM »
I side with you Andrzej.  It takes a long time to fine tune my amp head, to the slightest turn in knob will mess up my entire sound and it will take me the rest of the week to fine tune it.  Then i am turning knobs the rest of the service so i can be happy with my sound.  I once had a bass player plug in to my rig under the authority of the MD and he plugged in and turned all my knobs to the max.  Well not all of them, but he just walked up and looked and started turning knobs.  Didnt ask or anything.  I could understand if he asked, but he didnt.  He turned the knobs and played so loud, everything was clipping.  I was so pissed off.  It took a while for me to get that exact sound that I had.  This is why I support musicians that bring their own stuff.  If i see someone who cant be heard out of a small amp that they bring, I will offer them my rig, but only i can touch the controls.  Thats just how it is
Hebrews 12:14

Offline BigFoot_BigThumb

• LGM Member
  • The Waves SSL 4000 plug-ins. The greatest EVER!!!

« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2006, 09:22:09 PM »
My motto now if I do let someone borrow ANY piece of my gear is "if you break it, you've bought it."  I look them dead in the face and tell them that I'm not kidding.
When you've done your very best, do even better.

Offline ddwilkins

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My Arsenal!!!!
    • D'Wayne's Spot

« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2006, 10:02:05 PM »
its like this, I paid for it so I make the decision if I'm going to let you  use it or not.  No questions asked.  If I can bring my equipment with me everywhere I go, then you should too.  Drummers take the sticks, snares, and foot pedals, why can't us bass players bring our equipment. I know a drummer who brings his set everywhere.  When I played keys on a regular basis, my amp and board was with me.  Now that I play bass, my rig and bass are with me. 
Keep God first and he'll do the rest!!!

Offline gambit23435

• LGM Member
    • Bassin 4 God

« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2006, 08:31:16 AM »
I side with you Andrzej.  It takes a long time to fine tune my amp head, to the slightest turn in knob will mess up my entire sound and it will take me the rest of the week to fine tune it.  Then i am turning knobs the rest of the service so i can be happy with my sound.  I once had a bass player plug in to my rig under the authority of the MD and he plugged in and turned all my knobs to the max.  Well not all of them, but he just walked up and looked and started turning knobs.  Didnt ask or anything.  I could understand if he asked, but he didnt.  He turned the knobs and played so loud, everything was clipping.  I was so pissed off.  It took a while for me to get that exact sound that I had.  This is why I support musicians that bring their own stuff.  If i see someone who cant be heard out of a small amp that they bring, I will offer them my rig, but only i can touch the controls.  Thats just how it is

Let me apologize to you for going off topic in your thread :-[
I would not let anyone, especially someone I don't know, use my bass. I'm sorry if someone feels this is morally or spiritually unsound. I would never compare my bass to my wife or my children. But the fact of the matter is I do not feel comfortable with letting a total stranger use the bass I had custom build for me to use for the Glory of the Lord. I would allow them to use my rig as long as I am present. That is just the way I feel about the situation.
 :)

Offline rebuked

• LGM Member
    • Myspace

« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2006, 09:16:24 AM »
Let me apologize to you for going off topic in your thread :-[
I would not let anyone, especially someone I don't know, use my bass. I'm sorry if someone feels this is morally or spiritually unsound. I would never compare my bass to my wife or my children. But the fact of the matter is I do not feel comfortable with letting a total stranger use the bass I had custom build for me to use for the Glory of the Lord. I would allow them to use my rig as long as I am present. That is just the way I feel about the situation.
 :)

You are right.  A bass shouldnt be compared to a wife and children.  I also agree that I dont feel comfortable having a total stranger play a very expensive custom made bass that i prayed, worked and waited for.  Even my amps, unless I am present and totally using the controls.  Even my speaker, because people feel that if they bring their own head, they can play as loud as they feel.
Hebrews 12:14

Offline ddwilkins

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My Arsenal!!!!
    • D'Wayne's Spot

« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2006, 10:43:44 AM »

Even my speaker, because people feel that if they bring their own head, they can play as loud as they feel.

Also, not every speaker can handle every head.
Keep God first and he'll do the rest!!!

Offline jeremyr

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Callowhill fanatic
    • My Youtube Chanel

« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2006, 11:07:10 AM »
Also, not every speaker can handle every head.

i'm definately feeling that.  There's no way that I would let someone put their head on my cabs, or vice versa, but I would let someone use my axe if they have clean hands and I'm standing there next to them.

My flesh tells me to say "no no one can use my equipement", but I feel the spirit of God telling and showing me otherwise.
Somebody put me in the key of E#

Offline malthumb

• LGM Member
  • Praise Is What I Do
    • Your Car Does What?!?!?

« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2006, 11:43:53 AM »
....My flesh tells me to say "no no one can use my equipement", but I feel the spirit of God telling and showing me otherwise.

I think it is important to set the distinction here.  I'm not feeling from the responses that the position people are taking is that NOBODY can touch our stuff.  I think it is a position of each of us having control over WHO CAN and CANNOT touch our stuff.  There are people whom I would trust with my most prized and valuable gear.  Because I know them, and I've seen the way they treat their gear.  If they asked "can I use your bass and/or rig for this gig?"  I'd say "go for it".

On the other hand, if someone, especially someone I only know in passing or not at all, assumes they are gonna use my stuff because it's there, there will be an awakening.  Rude or otherwise.  I would take issue with it in a secular setting.  I don't see how that position has to change because I'm in a place of worship.  The same risks exist.  This has nothing to do with anyone's motives or intent, just my overwhelming desire to take due care of what I worked hard to acquire.

Peace,

James
FAITH unites people
RELIGION divides FAITH

Offline gambit23435

• LGM Member
    • Bassin 4 God

« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2006, 11:51:43 AM »
This has nothing to do with anyone's motives or intent, just my overwhelming desire to take due care of what I worked hard to acquire.

Peace,

James

Amen Brotha :)

Offline B3Wannabe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2006, 12:32:31 PM »
SO YALL MEAN I CAN'T USE YOUR BASSES!!!!

WHY YALL GOTTA BE STINGY!!!

CHURCH FOLK!

;) ;)

Offline Cherri

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Imperial Majesty! $200,000...

« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2006, 12:43:30 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D
What can I $ay Juanita Bynum is my cicerone.

Offline BassMan2000

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My Bass Guitar

« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2006, 08:29:30 AM »
I don't let anyone play my bass, except my homeboy from Kinston, NC, but I have known him since I was 10 yrs.
When ever we play together we always switch basses.  My rig I'll share, but I have a sign saying don't touch knobs.

Offline KurzLand

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2006, 01:02:51 AM »
When I play in another church I ask if i have to bring my own keyboard. (kurzweil sp-88x/52lbs.+30lbs. of the hard shell case = 80+lbs.) Including cables and pedal, sometimes even the stand. If they say no then i just take my sustain pedal because some churches don't have one or the they have is broken.

Everyone musician should take at least the main things that they really need.

key players: keyboard, sustain pedal, and bible.
Drummers: sticks, snare, and cymbals and bible.
Bass player: Bass, tuner, strap, and bible.
Guitar players: Guitar, tuner, strap, pick, and effects pedal and bible.             

Some musicians don't even bring their bible. Why?

"Experience is not what happens to a man; it is what a man does with what happens to him." -A.Huxley

Offline gambit23435

• LGM Member
    • Bassin 4 God

« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2006, 05:26:44 AM »
My bible is part of my gig bag. When my bass goes, so does my bible.
 ;D

Offline jeremyr

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Callowhill fanatic
    • My Youtube Chanel

« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2006, 06:31:39 AM »
My bible is part of my gig bag. When my bass goes, so does my bible.
 ;D

Yeah Doc!!!

I just bought a pocket sidez version to keep in my gig back in case teh batters on my palm pilot with my eletronic edition runs dry!!
Somebody put me in the key of E#

Offline Steelpulz

• LGM Member
    • gospelbassmusic

« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2006, 12:24:12 PM »
Generally, no one can play my bass. There are rare exceptions-if I know the person or if the Spirit moves me to let them play. With regard to my rig, I'm less picky but the general rule applies. I don't want my settings changed tho. If I go to another church and there is a rig setup already, I try to connect with the bassist to use their rig if it is decent and using my rig would be disorderly. However, my rig is always with me no matter what.
Conklin GTBD-7, Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0, Glasstone Lil G2, Holy Bible
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up