LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: MUSICIANS THAT WANT TO PLAY YOUR STUFF  (Read 6522 times)

bazzlover

Re: MUSICIANS THAT WANT TO PLAY YOUR STUFF
« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2006, 11:48:25 AM »
Man I love bassist Jamareo Artis, he can play anything I got. You know him personally?

Offline ddwilkins

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My Arsenal!!!!
    • D'Wayne's Spot

« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2006, 11:54:47 AM »
Man I love bassist Jamareo Artis, he can play anything I got. You know him personally?

Yeah,  we are from the same home town.  I remember when he first started playing.
Keep God first and he'll do the rest!!!

bazzlover

« Reply #42 on: December 19, 2006, 05:26:46 PM »
OMG Wow! He is the greatest. I saw him playing with Mary J. Blige on the Billboard Awards. The whole Tennessee thnks he's the greatest bassist to step up to Mary J. Blige bass spot. You actually talk to him on the regular man? You're so lucky, I wish I were you.

bazzlover

« Reply #43 on: December 19, 2006, 11:00:07 PM »
Nope! Musicians are always prepared regardless...
Wut he said wuz dat Jamareo wasn't coming to play with anybody, but rather to visit the church program so he didn't have his bass. Jamareo is a big pro bassist and I doubt when he's home he would want to play with everybody. He's a working man working with Mary J. Blige, Alicia Keys, Fantasia, etc.

Offline KurzLand

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #44 on: December 19, 2006, 11:03:49 PM »
Wut he said wuz dat Jamareo wasn't coming to play with anybody, but rather to visit the church program so he didn't have his bass. Jamareo is a big pro bassist and I doubt when he's home he would want to play with everybody. He's a working man working with Mary J. Blige, Alicia Keys, Fantasia, etc.

WELCOME to LGM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Experience is not what happens to a man; it is what a man does with what happens to him." -A.Huxley

T_Keys

« Reply #45 on: December 20, 2006, 08:51:50 AM »
When I play in another church I ask if i have to bring my own keyboard. (kurzweil sp-88x/52lbs.+30lbs. of the hard shell case = 80+lbs.) Including cables and pedal, sometimes even the stand. If they say no then i just take my sustain pedal because some churches don't have one or the they have is broken.

Everyone musician should take at least the main things that they really need.

key players: keyboard, sustain pedal, and bible.
Drummers: sticks, snare, and cymbals and bible.
Bass player: Bass, tuner, strap, and bible.
Guitar players: Guitar, tuner, strap, pick, and effects pedal and bible.             

Some musicians don't even bring their bible. Why?

I play the keyboard, It seems when I play somewhere I always gotta also bring a cord, DI box, XLR (for the system) & amp!!!

Most churches all they have is organ or a bootleg sound system with 1 speaker all the way up top at the ceiling.

Offline inhisname

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #46 on: December 22, 2006, 04:31:11 PM »
I have been reading what you guys are saying about sharing your gear.  I was allowing others to use my gear.  They just could not use my bass.  I built this Bass and considering I didn't know what I was doing it turned out great.  I had a Fender 5 deluxe that I use to leave at the church for other to use.  I came back off vacation and my head was blown as well as two speakers in my 4x10 cab. It cost me a lot to get to fix and my Church is too small to pay me to play so it all came out my pocket.  I will no longer allow anyone to use my gear no matter what the situation is.  If they show up without their gear than they won’t play.  I can't afford to let people mess up my gear.  I just politely say I’m sorry but no. 

Offline BassFool

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Hadoken!!!!
    • Hairtilizer, The Best Fertilizer for your Hair!!

« Reply #47 on: December 22, 2006, 06:11:35 PM »
I don't have a very exspensive bass . Fender Jazz 4 stringer but its very valuable to me. I don't let others use it. I do let them use the amp combo because it belongs to the church. Most guys I know do take very good care of thier equipment. One time a drummer came in with his set and it was very expensive. He had those very exspensive cymbols. Another guy wanted to play and he said the guy had to sign a contract before he could play on the set. I think the cymbols were like upwards 1k a piece or something. Anyways, at the time, I thought it was a crude thing to do. Few weeks later that same guy came to our church. ( we have a relatively new electronic set) He broke the heads on the bass and the snare, and also one of the sensors quite working because he was hitting rim shots so hard. All we got was a sorry.   Proof in the pudding, bring your own stuff. If I know the guy, I might let him use it. I also had it the other way around. I don't own a cab, so before I went to a venue I saw one of the other bass guys had a amp and cab setup on stage already. I asked him if I could plug in and he slowly said go ahead. I respected his equipment and didn't touch a knob. I asked him to make all adjustments. That way he would feel more comfortable. I even asked him to come up and turn me up or down depending on how I sounded. I just didn't want to touch the man's nice equipment. I think he really appreciated that.

BassFool

Offline Prody

• LGM Member

« Reply #48 on: December 29, 2006, 01:06:48 AM »
I'm a guitar player and have never had anyone ask me to use my guitar for a service, but if I was asked I guess I would let someone use it in order to keep the service running smoothly, but I wouldn't be far away from my equipment while they're playing.  I always bring everything I need to get my sound. I think it's kind of irresponsible of a musician not to bring everything they need (to a service, concert or where ever they're  playing in front of people), to get the best sound that they can get.

Offline chrismc101

• LGM Member

« Reply #49 on: December 29, 2006, 08:53:38 AM »
I guess I will have to agree and disagree in certain aspects of this post. I don't think it is UnGodly or not Christian like to NOT allow someone to use your equipment. No two people play the same. We work hard to pay for our equipment that God has blessed us with. So, my ax is off limits. I would let someone use my amp, but as others have stated; I'm gonna be right there and you're not gonan be twisting and changing my settings. And think about it, "Would you go to church without your bible?" It different that piano, orgam or keyboard players; somewhat. Drummers usually come with their own snare & foot pedal. That's understandable. But we pay a lot for our axes and other things. Speaking of, I just bought some Ken Smith strings for my 5-string: $42 a set. Now if I allowed someone to use my ax and they popped one, I would be upset...

Ultimately, I think it is at the discretion of the owner to allow or not allow someone to use your equipment. And I don't think it makes me less SAVED than another who would allow whereas I wouldn't. Just my 2 cents. And if you play and you might have to play or someone wants you to play when you go somewhere; it's simple: take your equipment with you. Amp & an ax don't take up that much room.
CeeMc
"bassN4eva"
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up