Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dancers  (Read 425 times)

Offline LorenzoS

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Dancers
« on: November 11, 2006, 04:18:45 PM »
Should a gospel artist have backup dancers? :-\  I'm posing this question, cuz  I was thinking that sometimes dancers
 take away the from the ministering part of tha concert.  I mean if like in church, you know how the youth will do a dance to a praise song
or to a worship song....thats ok :D..cuz they're dancing....Hmmm maybe I'm thinkin too deep....I hope to hear some  thoughts
We can go from Glory to Goofy in a matter of seconds, by not heeding HIS voice. M.G. Blankenship

uniquepraise

Re: Dancers
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2006, 08:23:14 PM »
Liturgical dancers? or what?

Offline LorenzoS

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2006, 07:55:29 AM »
ok well i was atching karen clarks glorious reprise?  im caught in between entertainment and ministry....if its entertainment..then dancers are all good... but if your ministerin...than i think dancers should be a no.... some insight is helpful though.........am i being shallow?
We can go from Glory to Goofy in a matter of seconds, by not heeding HIS voice. M.G. Blankenship

uniquepraise

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2006, 05:32:31 PM »
I think it depends on what the vision that GOD gave you.  I agree with LorenzoS although I do think that you can have liturgical dancers minister in praise and worship.  We do it at our church but the foundation for it and the reason behind it must be clear.

HammerRock

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2006, 08:22:32 AM »
We have people who dance during P&W at our services... so it depends I guess..

Offline SisterT

• Senior Moderator
  • LGM Member
  • New Look, Still Divalicious!
    • Earnest and Roline Ministries

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2006, 08:43:41 AM »
Should a gospel artist have backup dancers?

IMHO, yes, if it's their God given vision for their ministry.

Offline flojo4jc

• LGM Member

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2006, 01:24:15 PM »
I agree.  Cece had her son choreograph for some of her songs on the Throne Room DVD and I think it added to the ministry of the song. 
Psalm 27:4 One thing that I desire...

Offline 1cutey4u

• LGM Member
  • I LOVE MY HUBBY

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2006, 02:37:25 PM »
I agree if the vision was given from God to have dancers than yes....You will be suprise some of the visions that God gives when it comes to the dancers....God sometimes puts us in certain positions because we set & clear the atmosphere

uniquepraise

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2006, 04:50:10 PM »
I agree if the vision was given from God to have dancers than yes....You will be suprise some of the visions that God gives when it comes to the dancers....God sometimes puts us in certain positions because we set & clear the atmosphere

Say a word now say a word!! ;D

Offline LorenzoS

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2006, 08:04:44 PM »
thanks yall for tha insight...its much appreciated
Pages: [1]   Go Up