LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Truly Going Before The Lord  (Read 785 times)

AP Psalmist Jackson

Truly Going Before The Lord
« on: December 03, 2006, 10:10:57 PM »
I'd come here once and read where someone said to pray BEFORE entering practice sessions, a rehearsal or in that area.  That really helped me and I practice this when I get ready to go before the Lord in song or hear what He has to say musically, that I may birth His songs on the earth.

I'm going to share some testimony with you (I Timothy 4:12) and say that I'd been doing this for a few months and then I noticed that I was led to play like a congregational hymn in my own practice time or something.  I would play this under the leading of the Holy Spirit until I was released to go on musically.  I didn't see what the Lord was doing.  So the other night, I turned on a song I'd previously recorded and this sufficed as the song of DEVOTION.  So then I was brought into the presence of the Lord with a song.  What this taught me is that what some congregations do with devotion service is actually something of the Lord.  The Lord then gave me this instruction about coming before Him nightly in song:

Psalms 100:2  Serve the LORD with gladness: come before his presence with singing.

It was a simple instruction. Some of you may have your own personal testimony song but I share love and faith with you to do as the Word of God says to do.  Also it's wise and a good thing to pray prayers of repentance/confession and help/strength BEFORE coming before the Lord too.  We want to come before the Lord not only by faith but in purity too:

Hebrews 12:14  Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:

So I share that with you all this evening!

STAY Blessed!

Offline 4hisglory

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Learn Gospel Musiic

Re: Truly Going Before The Lord
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2006, 12:30:11 PM »
Thank you.
:)

uniquepraise

Re: Truly Going Before The Lord
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2006, 11:20:34 AM »
Thanks for your testimony! ;D  I have too many like this to tell I couldnt tell it all!
Pages: [1]   Go Up