LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: your special gift  (Read 1014 times)

Offline bigboi_08

• LGM Member

your special gift
« on: December 05, 2006, 02:57:13 PM »
Ok everybody has a special god given talent  or gift, whether it be singing, playing an instrument, or directing a choir, or writing and composing music......So my question is, When did you all first realize that ur you had talent was your special gift even when it got difficult for you, you realized that this was something you was meant to do????

For me i realized that singing was and still is one of my many special gifts cause i was about to give it up after those "changing years",.....but one day i started humming and noticed that i still had a tune left in me,.....then as i nticed it even more i began to notice that alot of people that i was around in school could really sing, and they would be humming and just singing all out loud in class.........but it was as if something was encouraging me to keep on singing,..so now i am   ;D

Offline nessalynn77

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Inspirational Contemplation

Re: your special gift
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2006, 06:52:25 PM »
Mine is writing, its been part of me as long as I can remember.  No question about it, writing is it.

Offline Shaylene

• LGM Member
  • Shekinah Glory

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2006, 10:36:12 PM »
I have been blessed with a few gifts from the Lord.  I started singing in the church at a very young age.  Then the Lord had a special calling on my life to preach his Word and I started to do that at the age of 13. 
To God be the glory He's taken me places in which I have had the priviledge to minister both in preaching the gospel and worshipping His name.
I am now 27 years old and still serving the Lord and would not trade it for anything this world could ever offer.
My experience and my testimony is this.....when I am in God's will doing what God has called me to do and also what I love to do for Him...
I don't know 'bout you but I feel peace.  I feel in my Spirit that it's where God has called me. 
When I am not active in doing what He's called me to do I feel uncomfortable because I am not where God wants me to be.

The Bible: More up-to-date than tomorrow’s newspaper

Offline Shaylene

• LGM Member
  • Shekinah Glory

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2006, 10:54:11 PM »
Furthermore...when it gets difficult for you....
Remember this:
 2 Corinthians 12:9 (New International Version)
9 But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more     gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

When you are going through those difficult times give it your all!  Show the enemy that no weapon formed against you shall prosper.  He's called you by name and you will do that which He's called you to do.
Isaiah 49:1 (New International Version)
1 Listen to me, you islands;
   hear this, you distant nations:
   Before I was born the LORD called me;
   from my birth he has made mention of my name
The Bible: More up-to-date than tomorrow’s newspaper
Pages: [1]   Go Up