LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 3-7 Voicing with Doubling  (Read 2093 times)

Offline alswi

• LGM Member
    • http://

3-7 Voicing with Doubling
« on: July 05, 2004, 01:13:33 AM »
I understand the 3-7 Voicing. ( E Bb, F# C )

But How about the term 3-7 Voicing with Doubling??

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2004, 10:16:40 AM »
A FRIEND OF MINE EXPLAINED IT...

this is a new way to say a 7th chord without the fifth with the root doubled,  tritone....3rd and 7th in right hand with the bass doubled in left,  i would just say root and shell

-E-MAN

Offline bug

• LGM Member
  • Best teacher is one who makes you want to learn.
    • http://Music Services

Voicing Chords
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2004, 02:05:43 PM »
I don't know if I should be giving all of this knowledge away for free. however in this case I will. Gospel music voices from the top down. eg...soprano, alto, tenor, and roaming bass which plays thirds, fifths, sevenths and ninths of the chord on top. If I want to spell a chord I spell it from the bottom up. eg......lowest sounding pitch first up to the highest pitch.  This has nothing to do with voicing chords.  This is spelling not voicing. 3-7 is a jazz shell it says nothing. Learn the melody ina gospel song! voice from the melody down in jazz block chords.  Your playing will improve overnight. Other musicians won't know how come you sound so good now. Your choir will be very grateful. Remember you are playing for voices, imitating the sound of a saxophone section in a big band. You are not left hand comping behind a jazz soloist, or your own right hand improvisation.[/u]
The greatest mistake most amateur musicians make is giving up.  Don't give up !!!

Offline B3Wannabe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2004, 03:49:45 PM »
huh ?

Offline musallio

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Merry Christmas to you :-)
    • Hear & Play page

Re: 3-7 Voicing with Doubling
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2008, 06:29:07 PM »
SJ, please help B3, he's not getting this stuff :D ;) :D
Powered & Sponsored by Jesus Christ...

Offline MrTea

• LGM Member

Re: 3-7 Voicing with Doubling
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2008, 04:02:23 AM »
You can play a 7 -3, chord in the right hand, and double the 7th an octave above in the melody.  You could also double the 7th in the left hand, a 1 and 7th, or a 1, 5th  and 7th shell voicing in the left. Or a 1, and 10th interval in the left if your hand is big enough. Just a few possibillities with 7 - 3 voicing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up