LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hold my Mule...  (Read 16104 times)

B_XALTED

Hold my Mule...
« on: December 06, 2006, 08:12:46 AM »
What does this mean exactly?

Nakia518

Re: Hold my Mule...
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2006, 08:27:12 AM »
It means hold my purse while I go check this fool...
HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
 :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Offline vtguy84

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Get Covered 4 Life

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2006, 08:35:53 AM »
It's a simple Southern expression that just means "Pardon me."  You usually hear it in the church before someone gets their praise on.  I have also heard it outside of the church where if someone is ready to go off on another person, they will be like "Hold my mule while I go handle this issue."

To my knowledge, it has no Biblical symbolism.
www.GetCovered4Life.com (Mortgage Protection, Final Expense, Tax Free Retirement)

Offline BigFoot_BigThumb

• LGM Member
  • The Waves SSL 4000 plug-ins. The greatest EVER!!!

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2006, 11:04:23 AM »
What does this mean exactly?

Isn't this based upon the Shirley Caeser song "Holkd My Mule" where the old man tells the church folks to literally "hold his mule" while he gives praise out in the middle of his field while he's plowing?  I take it that you haven't heard this song.  If not, the song is about an old man who goes to this saddidy church where he likes to shout, and they come to his house to tell him that they don;t carry on like that in this church.  Well, this man has a testimony and he tells them since I can't shout in your church, "hold my mule" cuz I'm gonna praise him right here.  So I guess that person is just using a saying to indicate that they're about to give God some praise.  It's a country thang.   

A gospel song just aint a gospel song without an old man or an old lady in it.   
When you've done your very best, do even better.

Offline SisterT

• Senior Moderator
  • LGM Member
  • New Look, Still Divalicious!
    • Earnest and Roline Ministries

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2006, 11:10:24 AM »
It means hold my shoes while I get my praise on! LOL!  :D

uniquepraise

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2006, 11:15:10 AM »

And my hat! ;D

B_XALTED

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2006, 11:49:24 AM »

LOL..... Thats funny.

Offline nessalynn77

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Inspirational Contemplation

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2006, 06:37:18 PM »

Isn't this based upon the Shirley Caeser song "Holkd My Mule" where the old man tells the church folks to literally "hold his mule" while he gives praise out in the middle of his field while he's plowing?  I take it that you haven't heard this song.  If not, the song is about an old man who goes to this saddidy church where he likes to shout, and they come to his house to tell him that they don;t carry on like that in this church.  Well, this man has a testimony and he tells them since I can't shout in your church, "hold my mule" cuz I'm gonna praise him right here.  So I guess that person is just using a saying to indicate that they're about to give God some praise.  It's a country thang.   

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the phrase was coined by the Shirley Ceasar song... I don't know what the rest of these folks is talkin' bout... LOL

Offline flojo4jc

• LGM Member

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2006, 09:30:00 PM »

Yup. Shoutin' John!  ;D
Psalm 27:4 One thing that I desire...

B_XALTED

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2006, 06:53:16 AM »
Yup. Shoutin' John!  ;D

Yo.... thats the song right therr.........

Hold my arms and my feet be goin
hold my feet and my hands was goin!!!!!!! Yo, I wanna be just like Shoutin John.
Pages: [1]   Go Up