LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: WORSHIP/WARFARE  (Read 4643 times)

Offline michaeln

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Re: WORSHIP/WARFARE
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2006, 07:21:52 PM »
Thanks for all responses and the mp3 file posted.  As I've mentioned in other post I am a beginner and eventhough I know some theory I still need thing broken down.  As I listen to GeneralMusic's post I tried to hear and match what he posted for chords in MP3 file that was posted.  Is there any way that you can simplify or disect what you've done.  And in T-Block's post what I think I understand is that it's played in 4/4 time ( 1, 2, 3, 4] Ab / Gb-Cb-Eb le-) so do I play the chord 4 times before moving to next chord like this:
MEASURE 1
(1) Ab / Gb-Cb-Eb
(2) Ab / Gb-Cb-Eb
(3) Ab / Gb-Cb-Eb...................................Or play and hold the chord for a 4 count (ie. whole note)
(4) Ab / Gb-Cb-Eb

next measure

Also if anyone can give and instruction of other example on playing WORSHIP (warfare) music please do.  T-Block also posted "PRAISE IS WHAT I DO" I love this song but another that I love and we sing in church is "FALLEN ON ME" could some body do this in a lesson style post.  I know that I ask a lot but I'm thankful for anything posted that moves me forward in my playing for the LORD.

I aslo came a cross this http://www.learngospelmusic.com/articles/view.php?lgmid=69  isn't talk music same as worship music....????

Offline T-Block

• LGM Member
  • I got my MBA!!!

Re: WORSHIP/WARFARE
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2007, 01:55:32 AM »
And in T-Block's post what I think I understand is that it's played in 4/4 time ( 1, 2, 3, 4] Ab / Gb-Cb-Eb le-) so do I play the chord 4 times before moving to next chord like this:
MEASURE 1
(1) Ab / Gb-Cb-Eb
(2) Ab / Gb-Cb-Eb
(3) Ab / Gb-Cb-Eb...................................Or play and hold the chord for a 4 count (ie. whole note)
(4) Ab / Gb-Cb-Eb

next measure

The numbers represent the number of counts that you hold the chord for.  So,:

[1, 2, 3, 4] Ab / Gb-Cb-Eb  means hold the chord for 4 counts.
Real musicians play in every key!!!
Music Theory, da numbers work!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up