LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Check out my boy Stanley(again) with Billy Powell  (Read 8523 times)

Offline lilben

• LGM Member

Re: Check out my boy Stanley(again) with Billy Powell
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2006, 04:45:52 PM »
Yeah this vibe out was off the chain!!!!!! They were tryna getme to come but it started at 2 in the morning. Thats sleep time for me. LOL Man if yall think Stanley is sick I gotta let yall hear Pee Wee!!!! Memphis represenatives!!!!
Artistik Muzik

Offline SabianKnight

• LGM Member
  • Art by C1... Thanx Bruh!

« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2006, 05:10:02 PM »
As my other Memphis homies said. If you think Stanley has the heat you should hear Clifford "PeeWee" Jackson and James Sexton... both can read music and blaze in whatever style. Clifford "PeeWee" Jackson and theJD Jonathon Davis faced each in the GC DrumOff Regionals about For years ago in Atlanta. Clifford went on to the Finals in Hollywood that year (though he did not win the national competition). Cliifford and James both studied at the University of Memphis. I am not sure about Stanley.
Try not to become a person of success but rather a person of VALUE. - T. Harv Eker

Offline lilben

• LGM Member

« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2006, 05:17:16 PM »
PeeWee has the skills to win the whole thing though. Man SabianKnight when areyou coming back to the m-town???? Man we have been vibing out alot lately!!! You have to stop through man!!!
Artistik Muzik

Offline SabianKnight

• LGM Member
  • Art by C1... Thanx Bruh!

« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2006, 05:19:17 PM »
PeeWee has the skills to win the whole thing though. Man SabianKnight when areyou coming back to the m-town???? Man we have been vibing out alot lately!!! You have to stop through man!!!
I slipped in for ThanksGiving to see the family. I stayed incognito. I caught Myron Howell subbing on drums at B.B. Kings though. I'll keep you posted.
Try not to become a person of success but rather a person of VALUE. - T. Harv Eker

Offline lilben

• LGM Member

« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2006, 05:21:04 PM »
I slipped in for ThanksGiving to see the family. I stayed incognito. I caught Myron Howell subbing on drums at B.B. Kings though. I'll keep you posted.

Aw ok man. Just let me know whenever.
Artistik Muzik

Offline TightHands

• LGM Member
  • YOU WISH THIS SET WAS YOURS......DONT U??
    • http://www.myspace.com/choppinforchrist

« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2006, 10:51:11 PM »
As my other Memphis homies said. If you think Stanley has the heat you should hear Clifford "PeeWee" Jackson and James Sexton... both can read music and blaze in whatever style. Clifford "PeeWee" Jackson and theJD Jonathon Davis faced each in the GC DrumOff Regionals about For years ago in Atlanta. Clifford went on to the Finals in Hollywood that year (though he did not win the national competition). Cliifford and James both studied at the University of Memphis. I am not sure about Stanley.

You know he won 2nd place against Eric Moore

Offline fretai03

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My Fatso
    • My Youth

« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2006, 03:01:05 AM »
I'd like to nominate this shed for LGM's Drummers Shed of the Year (2006).

Offline trixx

• LGM Member
  • Drum Off 2008 Red Carpet... ME and Jason Bittner

« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2006, 03:44:21 AM »
yo man... not to cause a disturbance inj this topic.... those guys are dope cats and i give them the most respect but did i just see some one say they got second place against me in drum off..... Im not saying to say the guy cant play drums and that he isnt good cause he is but THER IS NO SECOND PLACE FINISHERS IN DRUM OFF EITHER YOU WIN OR LOOSE got me man they never say runner up or nothing ... second doesnt even ge a prize so please dont go there........
I must say being a rock star is great. But playing in the lords house tops every arena.

Offline bigblackdrummer

• LGM Member
  • Curtis Cyril Bernard
    • http://www.myspace.com/phatcurtisbernard

« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2006, 04:19:41 AM »
I know Billy personally and I know he can play BUT does this show that hes a talented musician, ...NO! Just because you can out shred does not mean you are a good drummer! Listen to Billy live with a band or on a recording and that will show you that hes very talented and musical! You want me to check your boi then send his backing someone in a concert!
Mapex Drums, Grant Custom Basses, Carparelli Basses, Istanbul Cymbals,!

Offline TightHands

• LGM Member

« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2006, 09:23:44 AM »
yo man... not to cause a disturbance inj this topic.... those guys are dope cats and i give them the most respect but did i just see some one say they got second place against me in drum off..... Im not saying to say the guy cant play drums and that he isnt good cause he is but THER IS NO SECOND PLACE FINISHERS IN DRUM OFF EITHER YOU WIN OR LOOSE got me man they never say runner up or nothing ... second doesnt even ge a prize so please dont go there........

Not one of these dudes bruh. Anoother cat named Pee Wee man. And I dnt know what they do in the drum offs because I've never entered one. So I guess he did his research on the judges sheets?? And besides Pee Wee is WAY better than these two guys put together,(not aking anything away from these two musicians cause Stanely is my boy and Billy is a "co-endorsee" to some of us on the board here)......And wats so bad about getting second place in the drum off even though they dnt give it? You make it sound like its just impossible to place against you.

Drum-Docta

« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2006, 09:49:08 AM »
thats whats up ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline kazzd58

• LGM Member

« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2006, 01:15:21 PM »
Dang E. Moore, it's not that serious doc!!!!!!!!  ;D

Offline juSe

• LGM Member
  • Call me juSe Wayne

« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2006, 05:00:50 PM »
I know Billy personally and I know he can play BUT does this show that hes a talented musician, ...NO! Just because you can out shred does not mean you are a good drummer! Listen to Billy live with a band or on a recording and that will show you that hes very talented and musical! You want me to check your boi then send his backing someone in a concert!

I'll agree with you.  I've seen Billy live in a musical setting and he totally fit the music.  I'm not bagging on him at all.  Billy is definitely a very gifted and musical drummer.
You Are Your Only Limitation!!

Offline TightHands

• LGM Member

« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2006, 06:01:06 PM »

He was on tour with Angie Stone in South Africa, and he plays with the r+b singer Glenn.....???....Jones. I think that's his name. But I know that he deffinently plays with him because I saw his name, along with other NuJynisis band members on the band members list of his myspace page.

Offline TightHands

• LGM Member

« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2006, 06:02:56 PM »
Dang E. Moore, it's not that serious doc!!!!!!!!  ;D

Thank you bro! I'm not tryin to start nuthin with Eric, but those the type of attitudes and mentallity that will get you waxed.

Offline lilben

• LGM Member

« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2006, 06:53:43 PM »

Hold up man chill!!!!! Tighthands is talkin about another cat named PeeWee. PeeWee is str8 sick on set man!!! I know im going to get burned for this but, I have seen what you can do Eric Moore on shed tapes and all and if they placed Stanley in contest with you he wouldnt be too far behind you.  Both Stanley and PeeWee can hang with you doc. Just chill man!!! Oh yeah im not trying to start anything I just had to pop in and back my Memphis homies up man.
Artistik Muzik

Offline trixx

• LGM Member

« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2006, 03:40:50 PM »
yo whats no offense takin.... i am not the baddest drummer in the world man i thank god for my gift to be able to play the drums the way i do.....i thank all the people who does like what god gives me to play..... yeah peewee could probably murder me... and im very happy for him.... man i just wanna play music.... i love sheddin and getting better and working out with other drumers from different parts of the world... there are so many different styles cats have man and i love it...... i just wanna make music and have fun.... i love everybody.....
I must say being a rock star is great. But playing in the lords house tops every arena.

Offline trixx

• LGM Member

« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2006, 03:48:48 PM »
oh yeah and stanley is super raw i like those fills dont know if he got a gigg but he raw at sheddin....

Offline dude-on-drums

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • www.kevinhayden.net
    • Kevin Hayden

« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2006, 08:35:21 PM »

sounds like something that people who CANT shed say!   ;D  Im not tryin to start nothin but you dont need to defend billy cause we all know he can play fluently in a shed or in a band and he can solo. period. secondly, a good drummer is in the OPINION of the listener and what the listener prefers to hear.  thirdly, check stanley's myspace to see that he CAN play in a band.  They are both advanced musicians.

i dont understand your comment to this thread cause its about shedding.  not giging.  so let me get this straight, your opinion of a good drummer is one who can play soundly with a band?  what about without a band?  soloing or in a shed?  reading or charting?  teaching or instructing?  arent these things a part of being a well rounded and talented musician?

(just my thoughts)

ps. what does "you knowing him personally" have to do with anything?  (just wondering)

Sheen

Offline TightHands

• LGM Member

« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2006, 09:26:55 PM »
sounds like something that people who CANT shed say!   ;D  Im not tryin to start nothin but you dont need to defend billy cause we all know he can play fluently in a shed or in a band and he can solo. period. secondly, a good drummer is in the OPINION of the listener and what the listener prefers to hear.  thirdly, check stanley's myspace to see that he CAN play in a band.  They are both advanced musicians.

i dont understand your comment to this thread cause its about shedding.  not giging.  so let me get this straight, your opinion of a good drummer is one who can play soundly with a band?  what about without a band?  soloing or in a shed?  reading or charting?  teaching or instructing?  arent these things a part of being a well rounded and talented musician?

(just my thoughts)

ps. what does "you knowing him personally" have to do with anything?  (just wondering)

Sheen

I know we not tryin to start nuthin but............that was deep and true. And as we all know.....STANLEY CAN DEFFINENTLY PLAY WITH A BAND! We all heard him play with his band some time ago, and they have an arrangement of Lord I Lift Your Name on High on the radio station down here in Memphis. He did a clinic too! Check it.........

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up