LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: I resigned......  (Read 4637 times)

Offline jfjarrett

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Facebook

Re: I resigned......
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2007, 09:22:24 PM »
Thanks for the welcome. Oh yeah, and bringing me up to speed.  ;D lol
They try to put me in a box...IMPOSSIBLE!

Offline acts2-38

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Bad!! Just like I was

« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2007, 12:46:23 AM »
Well, since yall STILL usin my post, let me give a update.

I aint gone lie, I kinda wish I would have just been patient and not resigned. I mean, since I resigned, nobody else has come to play and I aint stopped helping out with the choir. Matter fact, the only thing that changed is my title. The lord really delt with me on this subject. I mean, nothing bad happened. I just know that it wasnt his will for me to resign. Yeah, IM man enough to admit it.

I felt convicted about the whole thing so I decided to just hang in there and keep helping but just not make any decisions for the choir. I still teach different songs that I feel like we can do well on. I just let the president preside over everything while I take a back seat position.
Give a man chords to a song, you help him for a day. Teach him theory and you help forever!!!

Offline MrSparrow

• LGM Member

« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2007, 09:42:54 AM »
It sounds like they *the church administration* need to give you a job description and tell you exactly what they want you to do. What it sounds like to me is your Pastor needs to come to a choir rehearsal and set the house back in order. If YOU are in charge, then those who are opposed to you running the show need to hit the door... If you are NOT in charge and someone else is, then you need to follow.

If your church needs you to be the Minister of Music then your Pastor needs to come and set the record straight. If they need you to be the musician and only play then do that.

If they don't want to learn new songs and your Pastor is alright with that then do the same old same old.

If he doesn't want to hear the same old songs every Sunday then HE needs to go to a rehearsal and tell the choir what HE wants.

I'm a lead, follow or get out of the way kind of fellow. It sounds like you have some folks who think they can do better than you can. Give them the opportunity. Let them walk in your shoes for a few weeks. I'm sure they'll come out of this with a lot more appreciation for what you do.

You know as well as I do that the general public just thinks "all we do is just sit there and play" anyway...
 ::)

If your Pastor won't stand up and clear the air then NOTHING will change.

MrSparrow

Offline saxandkeys

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • "You ain't gotta go nowhere...I gotchu!"

« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2007, 12:42:01 PM »
Here's a suggestion.......

If they want to sing the old songs, MAYBE there's an undercurrent of fear, by some of the members, that they won't be able to easily learn NEW material......so..........

...........Take some of the older songs that they are comfortable with, and rearrange them a little, make them a little more contemporary.  When they figure out that they CAN perform new songs, maybe they will open up a little more to new suggestions.

All I know is that you can catch more flies with sugar,than........................................
I'd rather be imperfectly inspired, than to be perfectly entertained...
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up