LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: You've seen this clip before but.....  (Read 1074 times)

TheVeteran

You've seen this clip before but.....
« on: December 12, 2006, 03:57:28 PM »
IT'S WORTH ANOTHER LOOK!   :o

I absolutely LOVE this clip.  It's one of my faves.

Offline lockslie1

• LGM Member
  • Skyline!!!
    • PTS MUSIC COMPANY

Re: You've seen this clip before but.....
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2006, 10:39:35 PM »
Thanks man....I actually haven't seen that clip, but I love it. Thanks ;D

Offline juSe

• LGM Member
  • Call me juSe Wayne

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2006, 11:03:32 PM »
I was gonna demand that this clip be immediately taken off of the board and that you had you IP address banned...  But its Stanley so :-\ .

Nice repost.
You Are Your Only Limitation!!

ManOnAMission

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2006, 07:39:15 AM »
This fascination with Stanley is a little sad to me.

Before someone head explodes with anger, I'm not saying that because I don't think he can play. I think he's a musical drummer, whose obviously DELVED(as oppposed to merely casually listening to records) into other style's of music.

Listening to Stanley, I hear nothing exceptional. This is the level you should be at, around his age, if you're a true student of the craft. Their, simply, is not enough of that. I feel the exact same way about Johnathan Davis. I think these guy's are held up as drum 'gods' before their time, because the people who esteem them this highly ... seem to have no real interest in dedicating themselves to the craft, like they do.

Both guys can really play. However, I'm impressed for a totally different reason: They didn't settle for less.

Offline lockslie1

• LGM Member
  • Skyline!!!
    • PTS MUSIC COMPANY

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2006, 08:45:14 AM »

Before someone head explodes with anger, I'm not saying that because I don't think he can play. I think he's a musical drummer, whose obviously DELVED(as oppposed to merely casually listening to records) into other style's of music.

Listening to Stanley, I hear nothing exceptional. This is the level you should be at, around his age, if you're a true student of the craft. Their, simply, is not enough of that. I feel the exact same way about Johnathan Davis. I think these guy's are held up as drum 'gods' before their time, because the people who esteem them this highly ... seem to have no real interest in dedicating themselves to the craft, like they do.

Both guys can really play. However, I'm impressed for a totally different reason: They didn't settle for less.
Yes, Some guys have been going over board with the other post featuring Billy & Stanley, but this is the first time I've seen this clip and I enjoyed it because it was basically a band playing together. I was not impressed with Stanley alone, but I was impressed with the band.... Picture a band with a sick drummer and everybody else sucks in the band...That wouldn't sound too great!! >:(  I love to hear musicians get together the flow and make each other sound better...  ;)  Many cats love the shed stuff, but if a drummer is sick and his bass player is playing the wrong notes or the keys are running everywhere then that makes the drummer suck and vice versa. Just my thoughts. God Bless

Offline ny_drummer_85

• LGM Member
  • flaco

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2006, 08:45:37 AM »
I was gonna demand that this clip be immediately taken off of the board and that you had you IP address banned...  But its Stanley so :-\ .

Nice repost.

hahahaha! :D

Stanle for president!    Vote for stan...  hi im david and i aprove this messege....lol
BE BLESSED!

TheVeteran

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2006, 08:56:30 AM »

How's the weather up there on that soapbox?   :P

:D  :D  :D

ManOnAMission

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2006, 09:11:33 AM »
It's clear and sunny, currently. However, I expect it to rain all afternoon, and evening...

Eccentric-Rhythm

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2006, 09:32:36 AM »
MoaM back in action! haha. about time.  8)

Offline juSe

• LGM Member
  • Call me juSe Wayne

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2006, 03:35:02 PM »
I wouldn't call my appreciation of him an obsession.  I do like what he brings to the table technically and musically.  I like him because he is a student of his craft.  He is aiming for proficiency and is settling for nothing less.  Like DIV said, there really isn't a lot of that around anymore.  I wish that I had the time to dedicate to the music that I want to. 

I enjoy watching clips of Stan, Jonathan and Lil John because they approach the music with disipline and an unselfishness.  That is missing even on some of the bigger gigs. 

Just my 2 Abe Lincolns.
You Are Your Only Limitation!!

Offline TightHands

• LGM Member
  • YOU WISH THIS SET WAS YOURS......DONT U??
    • http://www.myspace.com/choppinforchrist

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2006, 07:58:43 PM »
I wouldn't call my appreciation of him an obsession.  I do like what he brings to the table technically and musically.  I like him because he is a student of his craft.  He is aiming for proficiency and is settling for nothing less.  Like DIV said, there really isn't a lot of that around anymore.  I wish that I had the time to dedicate to the music that I want to. 

I enjoy watching clips of Stan, Jonathan and Lil John because they approach the music with disipline and an unselfishness.  That is missing even on some of the bigger gigs. 

Just my 2 Abe Lincolns.

thank you and others for your patronage.....(I think thats how you spell it! :D)

TheVeteran

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2006, 08:59:08 AM »
Note: I didn't see the other thread that posted a link of his.  I hadn't seen this clip in a few months, and reposted it.  It's just a coincidence that the other thread was up at the same time.

Note 2: I like his playing.  No biggie.
Pages: [1]   Go Up