LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is M a Sin? Help!!! Celibacy and no wife is killin  (Read 993 times)

Is M a Sin? Help!!! Celibacy and no wife is killin
« on: July 07, 2004, 05:38:02 AM »
Hey Peoples',

Excuse me if I happen to be alittle grahic in speech, (I call it being real! :) ) Anyways, I haven't been able to find a wife as of yet. I am saved
and am in attendance @ all of my local church functions,believe the Bible to the fullest. I am a handsome black and canadian young brother and I have (honestly) quite a few women approaching me at church and in the streets and I know that they are not wifey material,but at the same time it's difficult to keep turning them away and shining them on when the are giving hints(basically throwing themselves @ me) and I'm going home(living by myself) and resorting to not having the real thing because of not finding the real one ,HELP!!!

Offline BBoy

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Let's Praise Jesus Together!

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2004, 08:34:19 AM »
Because of the very personal nature of this subject, it would be wise to find a Spirit-filled, Word-based man near you whom you can discuss these issues with. Do not discuss this with a sister, or even in mixed company; it would be very disrespectful.

However, there are some guidelines that can help you. You say that there are many women who are stepping to you. Brother, please don't take offense . . . but when MANY worldly women are throwing themselves at you, they are picking up on some signal that you may be putting off without knowing it.  8O Only you and God know your actions and your heart. How are you acting around these women? What is your reputation like? How do you walk, talk, dress and handle your business? Now, we don't have to be "square" to be saved, and we should look nice and attractive and be confident . . . but there are some things that would let ANYONE, saved or not, know that we are NOT like the world, and they are wasting their time trying to get us to be like the world.

Now, all of us single men have had to let some women know that we are saved, sanctified and filled with the Holy Ghost. Whereas we are flattered, we are living for God. That usually works. Of course, there are the hard-core ones . . . . like Joseph found out with Potiphar's wife.  :roll: Now of course there are a few who won't even take that, but that is when you may need the help of another person to tell them to step off and leave you alone.  

Prayer and accountability to another Spirit-filled man who has lived a victorious single life will help you. I would suggest that you seek that out in your church right away.

And whereas I am all for "keeping it real," I am also for realizing that there are very young musicians on this board, many in their teens, and a little wisdom with issues that are VERY personal and graphic, as you say, possibly should be addressed privately. Not to condemnation, not bashing anyone, just something that is just my 2 cents.
Joshua 1: 7, 8

Offline pmshort19

• LGM Member
    • http://www.blackplanet.com/Mister-Truth

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2004, 10:17:05 AM »
Hello.  We all know these three abominations to God: the lust of the eye, the lust of the flesh, and the pride of life.  Sin always falls under one of those, just think about it.  With your situation, in that you are not married and are pressing to remain celibate, it is best that you refrain from that type of action because with all actions, there is a root to how/why it is being done.  
Generally when a person is engaged in this, at the current time, they are not thinking about the Word of God or buying some groceries they haven't had for two weeks.  I'm just trying to get you to realize something.  They rather are in thought of the opposite sex, in visualizing or imagining the real thing with a particular person.  In your case who is that?  You are not married so that is already committing adultery in your heart to God.  He said if you look upon a woman as to lust after her, you have already committed adultery in your heart.  So, I say all this to say, God has not put more on us than we can bare.  It only starts to seem that way when we begin yielding to our own desires.  Like they say nowdays, let go and let God.  Stay prayerful, fast, and read the BIBLE; it will surely help.  God bless!

P.S.  We walk by faith and not by sight.  :wink:

Offline jayjay

• LGM Member
    • http://

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2004, 02:38:13 PM »
Dubstyle you say that the church girls that approach you aren't wife material either.  So what is it that you are looking for in a wife?  Also realize that once find her you will need to go throught the courting process that means more time before the wedding night.  If it you are determined to hold on remember " They that wait on the Lord will get there strength renewed."  I  don't mean to get super spiritual with you -I do know that what you are going through is tough. we all got some struggle to deal with let's pray for one another.

Offline bug

• LGM Member
  • Best teacher is one who makes you want to learn.
    • http://Music Services

Thorn in the flesh
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2004, 12:29:08 PM »
Dubstyle, it may be difficult to be celebate but it can be done. I don't know how old you are, but if its 20's, 30's, 40's you have my sympathy. It gets easier by 50 and older. I am a normal healthy man,so I have God given sexual feelings for women. I have been divorced,for two years and seperated for seven. I have made a personal commitment to God to live right. To run from the very appearance of sin. In my case I've already had a lot of sexual experience. Sex owes me nothing. If I never have sex again I will be very happy. I have finally grown-up. I am a mature man. You sound like you are young. How do you know these young women are not the marrying kind? If I were you I would investigate these young women, who are throwing themselves at you. One of them may be your soul mate. When you get married to her she will take care of your health.  A voice in the wilderness, bug
The greatest mistake most amateur musicians make is giving up.  Don't give up !!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up