LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: "Sheddin" Is it PLEASING GOD!!!!  (Read 10804 times)

Offline EricT

• LGM Member

"Sheddin" Is it PLEASING GOD!!!!
« on: December 13, 2006, 03:57:05 PM »
Ok, Sitting at my desk and I was reading a thread that talked about shedding and I was a little perplexed at what I was reading and GOD told me to tell you this.....

When you Shed, are you doing it to please ME or are you doing it to please yourself?....Remember My first commandment. I am a jealous GOD and you can't have no other GOD's before me...So is the god of shedding getting so big that you forget the one who gave you the mind and the power to use your limbs in such a coordinated way that I get no Glory?.....What happened to me?...Don't I get ALLthe credit for the 3 over 2's or the playing in space or the abliility to play for hours. Are you Glorifying yourself.Or are you glorifying ME!!!! Just as I took the Kingdom from Pharoh from him, Don't you know that I can tear your musical kingdom up too, if I don't get glory from your playing. See you can't come to ME, then play for the devil. There is too much at stake for that to occur. To many souls are weighing in the balance. Some of your souls are in the balance as well. Will you play for ME or will you play for you. Remember I'M the one that put rhythm in your body. I'M the one that allows you to walk in such a rhythmic way, that no one else on this earth can walk like you.

Glorify ME!!!!...Do you know or pay attention to the words to the songs you play like .."I will bless the Lord...Bless the Lord at ALL times"....are you blessing ME or Are you trying to bless yourselves? You Levites, you better watch who you play for cause remember it's me that gave you that gift and just as easy as I gave it to you, .I can take it away.

Remember my word says In Proverb 3:6 "In ALL thy way acknowledge HIM (ME) and  he (I) shall direct your path". And that also means when you play.

You don't have to respond by writing, I'LL get my answer from your heart.
Proverbs 3: 5-6

ManOnAMission

Re: "Sheddin" Is it PLEASING GOD!!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2006, 04:01:18 PM »
God said all that to you?

Sounds like what I, and a few others, have been saying for awhile...

Offline SisterT

• Senior Moderator
  • LGM Member
  • New Look, Still Divalicious!
    • Earnest and Roline Ministries

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2006, 04:08:10 PM »
God said all that to you?

Sounds like what I, and a few others, have been saying for awhile...

LOL!  :D

FerrariRed

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2006, 04:11:56 PM »
Powerful words Eric.  Only God knows each person's heart.  I hope and pray that his or her heart is in the right place no matter what a person is doing.  However, specific to drums, I enjoy watching the sheds.  Again, I have no idea what's in a person's heart while shedding.  I'm not sure what thread you read that inspired your response, but it has never crossed my mind as to what is in a person's heart while shedding.  I'm just impressed with some of the speed of these guys.  I have no problem with your thread as everytime I sit down to play I recite Psalms 150.  All we can do is hope, pray and encourage those as I believe you are doing in your thread to make sure their heart is in the right place in everything he or she does and that whenever they play the drums it is to glorify God.  :)

By the way, what thread were you reading?  ?/?

Offline juSe

• LGM Member
  • Call me juSe Wayne

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2006, 04:53:33 PM »
LOL!  :D

Oh snap!!  We got a laugh from a BIG mod!! 

10 points for DIV!!
You Are Your Only Limitation!!

Offline BEATBOXERZ

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2006, 05:00:58 PM »

10 points for DIV!!
That was chessy Julian ::) :-\.... Stop co-signin'   ?/? >:( ?/? >:( ;D ;D 8)

Offline edough

• LGM Member
  • philly !

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2006, 08:17:35 PM »
Or do you think that the Scripture says in vain, " The Spirit who dwells in us yearns jealously?"
But He gives more grace, therefore He says " GOD RESISTS THE PROUD, BUT GIVES GRACE TO THE HUMBLE."

HUMILITY CURES WORDLINESS!!

Good word, bruh....
"For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain".

Offline BEATBOXERZ

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2006, 08:44:03 PM »
Or do you think that the Scripture says in vain, " The Spirit who dwells in us yearns jealously?"
But He gives more grace, therefore He says " GOD RESISTS THE PROUD, BUT GIVES GRACE TO THE HUMBLE."

HUMILITY CURES WORDLINESS!!

Good word, bruh....

Yes Sirrr!!!

Offline Krazy_afro_man

• LGM Member

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2006, 12:40:28 AM »
Shedding is sort of like practicing and trying new things right? Whats wrong with practicing and trying new things to use in service? Sheding is not all bad. Because I started shedding, I feel a lot more comfortable playing in front of large crowds.

Offline dude-on-drums

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • www.kevinhayden.net
    • Kevin Hayden

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2006, 01:07:11 AM »
Ok, Sitting at my desk and I was reading a thread that talked about shedding and I was a little perplexed at what I was reading and GOD told me to tell you this.....

When you Shed, are you doing it to please ME or are you doing it to please yourself?....Remember My first commandment. I am a jealous GOD and you can't have no other GOD's before me...So is the god of shedding getting so big that you forget the one who gave you the mind and the power to use your limbs in such a coordinated way that I get no Glory?.....What happened to me?...Don't I get ALLthe credit for the 3 over 2's or the playing in space or the abliility to play for hours. Are you Glorifying yourself.Or are you glorifying ME!!!! Just as I took the Kingdom from Pharoh from him, Don't you know that I can tear your musical kingdom up too, if I don't get glory from your playing. See you can't come to ME, then play for the devil. There is too much at stake for that to occur. To many souls are weighing in the balance. Some of your souls are in the balance as well. Will you play for ME or will you play for you. Remember I'M the one that put rhythm in your body. I'M the one that allows you to walk in such a rhythmic way, that no one else on this earth can walk like you.

Glorify ME!!!!...Do you know or pay attention to the words to the songs you play like .."I will bless the Lord...Bless the Lord at ALL times"....are you blessing ME or Are you trying to bless yourselves? You Levites, you better watch who you play for cause remember it's me that gave you that gift and just as easy as I gave it to you, .I can take it away.

Remember my word says In Proverb 3:6 "In ALL thy way acknowledge HIM (ME) and  he (I) shall direct your path". And that also means when you play.

You don't have to respond by writing, I'LL get my answer from your heart.

i think youre way too deep.  i havnt met one person in all my 26 years of living get their talent taken away by God.  Do you know anyone?  Dave Weckl has influenced every church drummer in some form or fashion and he doesnt even acknowledge God.  at all. on any of his recordings.  the day that dave weckl wakes up and all of a sudden cant play is the day that you can repost this.  otherwise stop with the scare tactics cause nobody realistically thinks that way while shedding...wait...let me thank God for that last roll I did before i cant do it anymore!   ;D

(just my thoughts)

Sheen

oh and to answer the topic of this thread, yes!  because youre bettering yourself and God wants you to be all you can be...i think...or is that what the army wants?!   ;D

Offline MENDOZA

• LGM Member
  • Some of the best playing that I've ever heard!
    • www.myspace.com/juancarlosmendoza

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2006, 07:13:56 AM »
Hey LGM family,

This is not offend anyone, this is just an honest question.  What is the purpose of shedding?  I know it's a form of practicing and being able to learn "licks" from people or outdoing someone else.  However do you really learn anything?  Does anyone take the time to show you exactly what he/she does?  Does anyone break down the mechanics or do people actually explain the rhythmical concepts, metric modulations, or melodies that they hear in their heads while playing their instruments? 

From what I've seen on all these youtube sheds, it just looks like a bunch of guys playing the same fast 16th note linear patterns and to me after about 10 minutes of watching this I had enough.  Why do I keep watching them?  Because some guys are actually do some pretty cool things and I because I have faith that I will finally see someone play something a little different in a shed. I personally see it like this I'd rather take lessons from legitimate cats and learn more on how to be a musician than someone who can play 100000 notes in a measure.   However, LGM family, this is such a great site and this is just a question that I wanted to ask.  Take care and God Bless.

Carlito

www.myspace.com/juancarlosmendoza

Offline SisterT

• Senior Moderator
  • LGM Member
  • New Look, Still Divalicious!
    • Earnest and Roline Ministries

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2006, 07:36:00 AM »

10 points for DIV!!

Here's another 10 points ----> LOL!  :D

Offline Cherri

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Imperial Majesty! $200,000...

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2006, 09:29:05 AM »
Here's another 10 points ----> LOL!  :D

8) 8)
What can I $ay Juanita Bynum is my cicerone.

Offline pdpguy

• LGM Member

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2006, 09:51:11 AM »
To the original post, do you mean shedding is about pride or we should not be prideful while playing in general?

i think youre way too deep.  i havnt met one person in all my 26 years of living get their talent taken away by God.  Do you know anyone?  Dave Weckl has influenced every church drummer in some form or fashion and he doesnt even acknowledge God. 
Sheen

i know people who have lost their gift because they didn't use it for God.  know several singers, rappers, and musicians. SEVERAL.

plus, i'm a "church" drummer and dave weckl has not influenced me in any way. i don't even care for his playing that much. (don't bother me about that! deal with it yourselves. respect my decision.)

Hey LGM family,

This is not offend anyone, this is just an honest question.  What is the purpose of shedding?  I know it's a form of practicing and being able to learn "licks" from people or outdoing someone else.  However do you really learn anything?  Does anyone take the time to show you exactly what he/she does?  Does anyone break down the mechanics or do people actually explain the rhythmical concepts, metric modulations, or melodies that they hear in their heads while playing their instruments?  

yes, when i shed, i stop and ask questions. others stop and ask questions, and i answer. i don't shed with people who are trying to ONLY show what they have. i shed with people who are trying to get better than they already are, not necessarily better than someone else. and there's nothing wrong with non-combative competition. it drives us sometimes.

what kind of sheds are you people going to? try to remember, too, that we see CLIPS of sheds. we don't know what happens before or after the cameras come on and go off.

blaquegenius

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2006, 10:03:07 AM »
Mannnnnn.....I go to sheds..so I can blaze every drummer in the room...that's right...what time sig you want?... huh 9/4?, 7/13...5/8?...name it and I'm on it... Don't dare sit at the set and think you can out chop me...boy you know who I am..they call me LumberJack Slim...cause of all the wood I chop... who want it next.....LOL

P.S... Uh Yes I'm joking...don't get it twisted and get all super Christian on me...

Offline kazzd58

• LGM Member

« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2006, 10:06:55 AM »
Hey LGM family,

From what I've seen on all these youtube sheds, it just looks like a bunch of guys playing the same fast 16th note linear patterns and to me after about 10 minutes of watching this I had enough.  Why do I keep watching them?  Because some guys are actually do some pretty cool things and I because I have faith that I will finally see someone play something a little different in a shed. I personally see it like this I'd rather take lessons from legitimate cats and learn more on how to be a musician than someone who can play 100000 notes in a measure.   However, LGM family, this is such a great site and this is just a question that I wanted to ask.  Take care and God Bless.

Carlito

www.myspace.com/juancarlosmendoza

Then do what u do bruh!!!     sheds and clips keeps me even more motivated and humbled.. i feel like i'm getting better and better by watching some of these cats and picking up things from time to time and the time i put in.

so keep sheddin and learn about musicianship,  do it all!!!! ain't nothin  wrong with that!!!

ManOnAMission

« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2006, 10:10:16 AM »
I think shed's are the direct result of a demonic attack on musicians.

Offline MENDOZA

• LGM Member
  • Some of the best playing that I've ever heard!
    • www.myspace.com/juancarlosmendoza

« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2006, 10:29:49 AM »
Hey LGM family,

Listen up cats, I did not say what I said to offend anyone.  I just wanted to know what the purpose of a shed was?   IF you actually did learn anything or is it a lets trade licks and see how fast one can play.  So if I offended anyone, I apologize.  Like I said, I respect those who want to improve their skills at these shed, but IMHO there's nothing like studying with a professional (i.e. Steve Smith, Pat Petrillo, etc.) and getting insights from guys who really study their craft and are into different styles of music.  That's all I'm saying, but again, I apologize to anyone who was offended.  Take care and God Bless.

Carlito

Offline EricT

• LGM Member

« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2006, 10:36:18 AM »
the funny thing I get is that maybe some of you who read this, really don't know the voice of GOD when you hear it.....you only have a problem woth it because a fellow drummer shared it woth you..But Remeber, it was no different from what you hear from your pastor. But you listen and believe him...there's no difference other than familiarity..   

SUPER CHRISTIAN??? Brah you should one day hope to be a SUPER CHRISTIAN. Then maybe you'll be living with Christ then sheddin with Satin ....then someone else said "Don't get ALL DEEP" if sharing the word of GOD is Deep to you. And allowing him to use me to remind you of who you're playing for, then maybe it has served it's purpose. Soas opposed to aggreeing with the word that was shared, you discredited it....  If we as musicians would do by GOD what is expected of us, then he would have not used me to share it with you.

WOW ... i can tell we've got alot of growing up to do...and No I don't carry a 10 Pound Bible around with me nor do I quote scripture everytime I open my mouth, but I make myself available to him at any time he needs me....We are all saved by his grace and mercy. I make mistakes as well, many of them...but I do believe that shedding can be used if one is learning something to be used to Glorify him...as opposed to ourselves.   
Proverbs 3: 5-6

ManOnAMission

« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2006, 10:43:38 AM »
the funny thing I get is that maybe some of you who read this, really don't know the voice of GOD when you hear it.....

"Beware of false prophets"...

Dude, I've been saying this for eons .... and now you're droppin' this like it's some mighty revelation from on high. As much as I think of myself, I fail to believe that I could come up with anything remotely as profound as God.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up