LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Sheddin" Is it PLEASING GOD!!!!  (Read 10814 times)

Offline bigblackdrummer

• LGM Member
  • Curtis Cyril Bernard
    • http://www.myspace.com/phatcurtisbernard

Re: "Shedding" Is it PLEASING GOD!!!!
« Reply #60 on: December 17, 2006, 04:20:34 AM »
when are you guys gonna quit?  its not that serious.  who cares if people call shedding, jamming.  really, who cares.  youre talking about a terminology being perverted?  trust me, the last thing on these guys' mind is to pervert words and their meanings.  They are simply enjoying themselves and expressing themselves the best way they know how as musicians!  who cares how the term was originated!  TODAY it means something else!  Thanksgiving originated from the act of deceit but today it means to celebrate love and family.  get over the hurt and pain people!

i cant believe youre even using words like "perverted" and "insult" talking about "would-be musicians" and "defaming christian testimonies!"  how do words like that come to mind when you're talking about playing the drums.   ?/?

bunch of deep sea divers.  you guys should come up for air and start a new thread.

Sheen

I thought it was called a shred! But anyway I agree! Just because musicians have taken what you call jamming and street named it out of context does not mean they are neglecting their practicing! They would have to practice to do some of what they are doing. Really unless you have a teacher or a site like this who really knows what the true fundamentals of practicing really is! Cause really everybody has a different term for things....As for me jamming is getting together with other instruments (one drummer playing) and rehearsing not Drummer Mega Fest five drummers playing to one bass guitar!
Mapex Drums, Grant Custom Basses, Carparelli Basses, Istanbul Cymbals,!

Offline BEATBOXERZ

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Re: "Sheddin" Is it PLEASING GOD!!!!
« Reply #61 on: December 17, 2006, 06:38:56 PM »
when are you guys gonna quit?  its not that serious.  who cares if people call shedding, jamming.  really, who cares.  youre talking about a terminology being perverted?  trust me, the last thing on these guys' mind is to pervert words and their meanings.  They are simply enjoying themselves and expressing themselves the best way they know how as musicians!  who cares how the term was originated!  TODAY it means something else!  Thanksgiving originated from the act of deceit but today it means to celebrate love and family.  get over the hurt and pain people!

i cant believe youre even using words like "perverted" and "insult" talkin about "would-be musicians" and "defaming christian testimonies!"  how do words like that come to mind when youre talking about playing the drums.   ?/?

bunch of deep sea divers.  you guys should come up for air and start a new thread.

Sheen

I feel ya. I really isn't that serious :-\ ::).

Offline BEATBOXERZ

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #62 on: December 17, 2006, 06:57:03 PM »
I disagree with the main post. Do I think sheds get out of hand? Yes. There is nothing wrong with sheds. If you want to get technical there are many things we do that necessarily do not glorify God but God has given them to us for our enjoyment. Sports are not necessarily to the glory og God but some atheletes glorify him in their playing. Even is a shed was just to come together and practice or just to have fun there is nothing wrong with that. I know the new school preachers say I dont want to do anything that is not giving God glory but people take that out of context. Maybe we dont need to do certain sheds in the house of God.  I want to say more but Im not going to right now. :-X
AMEN BROTHA AMEN :) :) :)!!!!!

Offline dude-on-drums

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • www.kevinhayden.net
    • Kevin Hayden

Re: "Shedding" Is it PLEASING GOD!!!!
« Reply #63 on: December 17, 2006, 07:12:57 PM »
I thought it was called a shred! But anyway I agree! Just because musicians have taken what you call jamming and street named it out of context does not mean they are neglecting their practicing! They would have to practice to do some of what they are doing. Really unless you have a teacher or a site like this who really knows what the true fundamentals of practicing really is! Cause really everybody has a different term for things....As for me jamming is getting together with other instruments (one drummer playing) and rehearsing not Drummer Mega Fest five drummers playing to one bass guitar!

LOL! i see that you are sticking to your own term, "SHRED!"  LOL!  :D

Offline EricT

• LGM Member

« Reply #64 on: December 18, 2006, 09:04:30 AM »
I just pray that we all can reach the level that GOD intended for us to get to.  There's alot of things i can work on, in my own playing. Although I have the confidence that I can carry any service, I also am trying to learn alot more music theory. I never know where GOD con put me So I would rather study to show myself approved.....I just don't wanna be the kid in drumline that didn't know how to read.. I wanna learn how to do it all....

Do they teach any theory in the sheds? or is it just about fills and jamming....Not saying theres anything wirng with that cause some times you wanna get loose but I've had my fare share of jam sessions with people...I'm just ready to move to the next level.
Proverbs 3: 5-6

JFunky

« Reply #65 on: December 18, 2006, 10:13:00 AM »
I just pray that we all can reach the level that GOD intended for us to get to.  There's alot of things i can work on, in my own playing. Although I have the confidence that I can carry any service, I also am trying to learn alot more music theory. I never know where GOD con put me So I would rather study to show myself approved.....I just don't wanna be the kid in drumline that didn't know how to read.. I wanna learn how to do it all....

Do they teach any theory in the sheds? or is it just about fills and jamming....Not saying theres anything wirng with that cause some times you wanna get loose but I've had my fare share of jam sessions with people...I'm just ready to move to the next level.

...I feel ya on the above statement.  "Another Level" should always be on our "Goals List".  The ways to come about it is a whole other thread.

JFunky

« Reply #66 on: December 18, 2006, 10:27:26 AM »
so tell a pro basketball player not to shed,  david played skillfully   how?   be all you can be, just make sure gods a part of your shed then he's pleased . why study  any profession to be the best if thats the case   and theres nothing wrong with fun competition in god  or never play sports to win

...lol, there are missing pages of the book of Psalms that tells how David went into different "jam sessions" with his "Harp" and was just destroying Levites.  His nickname was "Harpy".  Gospel Archeologists are searching for them right now. ;D ;D ;D

Offline T-Block

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • I got my MBA!!!

« Reply #67 on: December 18, 2006, 01:37:14 PM »
Well, I personally love to watch drum sheds.  I see those guys doing things that I have always dreamed of doing.  I used to play drums a lot, but since I picked up the bass and keyboard, I haven't been playing too much.  I find myself having to practice the drums more so I don't lose my skills.  I consider myself a decent drummer, but by just watching the various shed videos and studying their technique smy playing has improved by leaps and bounds.  I'm learning to play things i have always dreamed of playing, and I owe it all to God and watching those drum sheds.  My focus is strictly on playing music to the glory of God, so in order to be the best I want to learn from the best.
Real musicians play in every key!!!
Music Theory, da numbers work!

Offline BEATBOXERZ

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #68 on: December 18, 2006, 01:42:23 PM »
Well, I personally love to watch drum sheds.  I see those guys doing things that I have always dreamed of doing.  I used to play drums a lot, but since I picked up the bass and keyboard, I haven't been playing too much.  I find myself having to practice the drums more so I don't lose my skills.  I consider myself a decent drummer, but by just watching the various shed videos and studying their technique smy playing has improved by leaps and bounds.  I'm learning to play things i have always dreamed of playing, and I owe it all to God and watching those drum sheds.  My focus is strictly on playing music to the glory of God, so in order to be the best I want to learn from the best.
That's whats up :)! And that's all that matters. If you as a indiviual have learned something and pleased God.

Offline drumz4life

• LGM Member
  • Land Of A Million Drums!!!! I Love Yamaha!!!!

« Reply #69 on: December 18, 2006, 04:06:53 PM »
Well coming from a family of musicians, sheding as been around for years. At rehearsal when the musicians would sit around afterwards and just play and and play and play. That's all there were doing was shedding. The word shed is just another word for jamming or practice.

I also have to say it's a great way to keep some of the younger people of the streets at night and away from trouble. It's not just about drummers only. Keys, bass, horns whatever you play it's just come throuhg and play.

Yes I agree that we all need to get material and study our craft, but to me theres nothing wrong with it.

Hey SHED HAPPENS!!!
Live Big!!!!!
When You Die You Have Born Date, Dash & Death Date
It's What You Do In The Dash!!!!

Offline fretai03

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My Fatso
    • My Youth

« Reply #70 on: December 18, 2006, 09:26:50 PM »
Well coming from a family of musicians, sheding as been around for years. At rehearsal when the musicians would sit around afterwards and just play and and play and play. That's all there were doing was shedding. The word shed is just another word for jamming or practice.

I also have to say it's a great way to keep some of the younger people of the streets at night and away from trouble. It's not just about drummers only. Keys, bass, horns whatever you play it's just come throuhg and play.

Yes I agree that we all need to get material and study our craft, but to me theres nothing wrong with it.

Hey SHED HAPPENS!!!

1. Welcome to LGM.

2. Check back a few pages on the "definition" of shed you'll be looking for a post from "SabianKnight". If it's not in here USE the search function/button here on LGM.

Because...
...The word shed is just another word for jamming or practice...
is HEAVILY debated around these parts.

Offline dude-on-drums

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • www.kevinhayden.net
    • Kevin Hayden

« Reply #71 on: December 19, 2006, 09:10:10 AM »
...lol, there are missing pages of the book of Psalms that tells how David went into different "jam sessions" with his "Harp" and was just destroying Levites.  His nickname was "Harpy".  Gospel Archeologists are searching for them right now. ;D ;D ;D

LOL!   :D :D :D

Hey SHED HAPPENS!!!

i agree.  Its true that shedding means jamming but like fretai03 said, it wouldnt hurt to know the original meaning of the word "shed."  --oh and yeah man, i remember the days when the musicians would just sit around and play right after service or rehearsal.  brings back good memories.  --oh and uhh welcome to LGM.

Offline drumz4life

• LGM Member

« Reply #72 on: December 20, 2006, 10:57:22 AM »
Hey Thanks for having me on LGM.

Websters Dictionary explains shed like this:

shed-
 as a noun
1. a slight or rude structure built for shelter, storage, etc. 
2. a large, strongly built structure, often open at the sides or end

–verb (used with object) 1. to pour forth (water or other liquid), as a fountain. 
2. to emit and let fall, as tears. 
3. to impart or release; give or send forth (light, sound, fragrance, influence, etc.). 
4. to resist being penetrated or affected by: cloth that sheds water. 
5. to cast off or let fall (leaves, hair, feathers, skin, shell, etc.) by natural process. 
6. Textiles. to separate (the warp) in forming a shed. 
–verb (used without object) 7. to fall off, as leaves. 
8. to drop out, as hair, seed, grain, etc. 
9. to cast off hair, feathers, skin, or other covering or parts by natural process. 

An antonym of shed-
to grow

This is the webster dictionary.
Live Big!!!!!

JFunky

« Reply #73 on: December 20, 2006, 11:05:57 AM »
....Gospel Dictionary....

Shed - (Noun) to invite different musicians and about 15 - 20 drummers with weird nicknames to a place or house of worship to play all the licks and fills they know at the same time to see who can win over the "Oooh Weeee Crowd" and make you the best in the block or neighborhood. ;D ;D ;D   

Shedding - (Verb) when you are active and taking part of the "Shed". ;D ;D ;D

...by the way, welcome to LGM drumz4life.

Offline drumz4life

• LGM Member

« Reply #74 on: December 20, 2006, 11:20:27 AM »
LOL
Live Big!!!!!

Offline dude-on-drums

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • www.kevinhayden.net
    • Kevin Hayden

« Reply #75 on: December 20, 2006, 11:44:58 AM »
....Gospel Dictionary....

Shed - (Noun) to invite different musicians and about 15 - 20 drummers with weird nicknames to a place or house of worship to play all the licks and fills they know at the same time to see who can win over the "Oooh Weeee Crowd" and make you the best in the block or neighborhood. ;D ;D ;D   

Shedding - (Verb) when you are active and taking part of the "Shed". ;D ;D ;D

...by the way, welcome to LGM drumz4life.

LOL!   :D

Offline promarkie

• LGM Member

« Reply #76 on: December 22, 2006, 09:45:16 PM »
man this is a good post. I think you are pleasing god in a way that you are showing what he has blessed you to do

Offline bigblackdrummer

• LGM Member
  • Curtis Cyril Bernard
    • http://www.myspace.com/phatcurtisbernard

« Reply #77 on: December 23, 2006, 12:55:33 AM »
Wow  :o this is still going on!
Mapex Drums, Grant Custom Basses, Carparelli Basses, Istanbul Cymbals,!

Offline diligent-hands

• LGM Member
  • NEW SINGLE (60 SECOND PRAYER)

« Reply #78 on: December 23, 2006, 04:50:18 PM »
for the GIFTS and calling of God are without repentence..once God give it to you its yours now what u do with it its up to you....i think ol dude need to hit his knees one more time..and stay down there till the lord speak to him again....jesus...church..shedding..hey its the way of life...

by the way the scripture is romans 11'29

Offline SabianKnight

• LGM Member
  • Art by C1... Thanx Bruh!

« Reply #79 on: December 23, 2006, 10:38:56 PM »
for the GIFTS and calling of God are without repentence..once God give it to you its yours now what u do with it its up to you....i think ol dude need to hit his knees one more time..and stay down there till the lord speak to him again....jesus...church..shedding..hey its the way of life...

by the way the scripture is romans 11'29

Remember that in the parable of the talents Jesus states that the Master not only took the one talents the guy had but also what he didn't have and cursed him with a curse. Showing that the Master can and while take back that which he gave if you do not produce, Mathew 25:28-30.

Matthew 25:28-30 KJV
28 Take therefore the talent from him, and give it unto him which hath ten talents.
29 For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath.
30 And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

The next witness to this can be argued to be John 15 in that the branches that do not produce are cast away and burned for not abiding in Him, John 15:4-6. In John God is not taking away a talent but He is allowing man/flesh/the World to take away the person because of his lusts/disobedience.
Try not to become a person of success but rather a person of VALUE. - T. Harv Eker
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up