LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Now That You're Before The Lord  (Read 841 times)

AP Psalmist Jackson

Now That You're Before The Lord
« on: December 14, 2006, 04:59:00 PM »
In previous discussions, we've learned just HOW to come before the Lord and to make preparation to be translated into the very Throne Room of God by His Holy Spirit:

Psalms 100:2  Serve the LORD with gladness: come before his presence with singing.

As I get revelation in these things, I will share with you all as the Lord leads me.  So you may have asked yourself or the Lord, "now that I've up here what do I do now?"
Well if that has been your question, then the next thing you do is be led by the Holy Spirit (Acts 17:28).  Last night I felt a little pressed and rushed to go before the Lord in song.  When I sat down to play, I did this until I was comforted by the Holy Ghost (the comforter).  I teach at this time that the Holy Spirit and the Holy Ghost are NOT the same even though they're part of one of another. 

Anyway, so after I'd had the song of devotion to get before Him, He began leading me to sing songs of healing.  Right here I want to speak as the Lord does to me through song.  In the last few weeks and months, I've been doing a LOT of intercession by faith, in the Spirit, through tongues and through prophetic intercession on the keyboard.  In all of that intercession the Lord reminded me pretty strongly, "don't forget to pray for yourself."  I saw an Evangelist on TV last night and she said the Lord told her to evangelize herself.  As she began to get pray for herself, she began to prophesy and speak over the minister that was to be praying for her.

It is written:

1 Samuel 30:1-6
  And it came to pass, when David and his men were come to Ziklag on the third day, that the Amalekites had invaded the south, and Ziklag, and smitten Ziklag, and burned it with fire; And had taken the women captives, that were therein: they slew not any, either great or small, but carried them away, and went on their way. So David and his men came to the city, and, behold, it was burned with fire; and their wives, and their sons, and their daughters, were taken captives. Then David and the people that were with him lifted up their voice and wept, until they had no more power to weep. And David's two wives were taken captives, Ahinoam the Jezreelitess, and Abigail the wife of Nabal the Carmelite. And David was greatly distressed; for the people spake of stoning him, because the soul of all the people was grieved, every man for his sons and for his daughters: but David encouraged himself in the LORD his God.

God gave me two versions of the hymn, "Standing In The Need Of Prayer."  Periodically when I'm praying to the Father now, I tell Him it's me oh Lord that's standing in the need of prayer.  So that instruction from the Lord came pretty sharply and strongly.  It's NOT selfish to pray for yourself.  When we don't have congregations, family members or friends to encourage us, we CAN encourage ourselves in the Lord Jesus Christ (Phillipians 4:13).  We are even told to:

2 Timothy 1:6  Wherefore I put thee in remembrance that thou stir up the gift of God, which is in thee by the putting on of my hands.

Getting back to healing, let us not forget to FORGIVE others of their trespasses.  This I'm learning is a great way to get personal healing (II Chronicles 7:14):

Mark 11:25-26  And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses. But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses.

Don't just say words without sincerity and ask God for opportunities to walk and live out that forgiveness too.  Ask God to help you forget too, like Him:

Isaiah 43:25  I, even I, am he that blotteth out thy transgressions for mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins.

I had to meditate upon this when I heard this the first time.  So that means if you're hearing something in the spirit realm that's reminding you of your sins unto condemnation then you KNOW that's the accuser of the brethen and NOT the Lord Jesus Christ.  Rebuke that devil in Jesus name.  Although there are many things we can do in spiritual warfare, remember to do it by faith (Romans 14:23) and by prayer:

2 Corinthians 10:3-6  For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)  Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;  And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled.

I've prayed healing for others but let's not forget that we NEED healing too!

STAY Blessed!
Pages: [1]   Go Up