LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Handling The Prophetic Songs Of The Lord  (Read 837 times)

AP Psalmist Jackson

Handling The Prophetic Songs Of The Lord
« on: December 14, 2006, 05:48:36 PM »
Greetings Psalmists, Minstrels and music people.  You may even be a praise or worshiper.  There has been a LOT going on with me personally and ministerally.  I want to share that faith and findings with you so that you can benefit too.  I want you to know of the findings the Lord has revealed to me. 

For one, I have learned to pray to the Father and get in right relationship with The Eternal Godhead BEFORE I sit down to practice, play, learn a new or old song, get Prophetic songs from the Lord, go into intercession or anything to do with music and the Lord.  This means repentance/confession/forgiving and getting back under the blood of the Lord Jesus Christ.  Don't stop doing this until the Spirit releases you or the Father tells you to move on by faith.  Once you do this, go before God like the Word of God says:

Psalms 100:2  Serve the LORD with gladness: come before his presence with singing.

Really read and study ALL of Psalms 100.  I would dedicate my time on the instruments to God and ask Him to speak.  I would avail myself (Romans 12:1-2) to Him to see what He wanted to do each evening.  About a week or so ago, I turned on a song I'd already recorded and this served as the song of DEVOTION.  Notice I have this in the Midweek Service and notice that some of you have these in your congregations when you attend there.  Usually this is a hymn or something to put our minds and being back on the Lord.  The big thing is to come before His presence with singing.  So I practice this now and then sit on the keyboard.  Remember all that revelation I was sharing with you all that God is doing NEW thing (Isaiah 43:18-19).  Well He is so be open to His flow and not your own.  One night I had about 7 songs pieces/bits that I was going to record and then come back to.  I ended up not recording those songs.  I couldn't get angry because I believed that the Lord God wanted me to start afresh and with fresh inspiration from Him (the Holy Ghost).  So these are just some things that I share with you to put into practice with your Prophetic Psalmist/Minstrel or music ministry.  However you are in the Lord Jesus Christ, that is what I share with you to put into DAILY practice. 

The next thing I want to speak to you about is getting the songs from the Lord by His Spirit.

It is written:

Isaiah 28:10  For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:

Isaiah 28:13  But the word of the LORD was unto them precept upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little; that they might go, and fall backward, and be broken, and snared, and taken.

When I get the songs from the Lord, just a little bit suffices.  Now the Prophetic Word of the Lord in song is way difference.  Even then, (I pray I don't quench the Spirit), I get what I think that people will digest and record it.  This can be more than a typically "long" song of (7-8 minutes).  Now I'm trying hard to NOT be like the world and the secular recording industry when I speak on these things:

1 John 2:15  Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

When you receive songs from the Lord, stay in the Spirit until you get a release.  For me, He lets me know when to end things.  I want to give myself to the Spirit of God until I get a release in my spirit.  Empty yourself in this manner.  Just pour yourself out.  Prayerfully and hopefully, you've got a tape recorder or some audio device to record yourself or these songs.  Pray and seek the Lord's counsel, vision, wisdom and leading on this.  He may want you to share this with His body.

Again, I pray I'm not quenching the Spirit but I'm personally learning to get a little bit, pray and let that be developed.  This may result in a quick fast song but once you look at the time, it's of a standard nature.  I'm NOT saying quench the Spirit this way but one of the things that I'm learning is that if all of the revelation or Word from the Lord doesn't come out one way in me, it will come out in another way with me.  I do not worry about this (Phillipians 4:6).  Just avail yourself to let it come out however the Lord wants it to.  For instance, one SUN I felt like I didn't get a chance to release through preaching what was the Lord saying and so I recorded about 2 songs that I think captured the Word of the Lord through song, but not a Prophetic Word from the Lord in song.  I pray that you understand what I am saying and what I am doing with this.  All I'm saying is that there is NO end to the songs of the Lord.  Absolutely NO end to these.  I was looking at a few gospel artists this evening and seeing that even over their 10 year discography they're re-recording or putting previous songs on new CDs.  Sometimes the Lord will lead you this way when it comes to His song.  I'm sure you've heard of this adage, "there's a message in the music."  Well what I'm learning is to be led of the Lord Jesus Christ with the putting together of His songs and the songs that the Lord gives me.  Here's two verses that say this:

Proverbs 16:1  The preparations of the heart in man, and the answer of the tongue, is from the LORD.

Proverbs 20:24  Man's goings are of the LORD; how can a man then understand his own way?

So then we're led of the Spirit whether we're born again or not.  I do not want to confuse you all by this but look at the Word of God:

Exodus 31:1-5  And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, See, I have called by name Bezaleel the son of Uri, the son of Hur, of the tribe of Judah: And I have filled him with the spirit of God, in wisdom, and in understanding, and in knowledge, and in all manner of workmanship, To devise cunning works, to work in gold, and in silver, and in brass, And in cutting of stones, to set them, and in carving of timber, to work in all manner of workmanship.

Now this doesn't say that this man was led of the Spirit but God put His Spirit into him to do the things that he did.  To be led of the Spirit is way DIFFERENT.  Yet what I'm getting at is that God controls everything.  He controls the unsaved too:

Revelation 17:17  For God hath put in their hearts to fulfil his will, and to agree, and give their kingdom unto the beast, until the words of God shall be fulfilled.

I ask you all to keep up with the Midweek Services because there are coming some changes to the online ministry.  I do not want you ignorant of these.  I will reveal all of this as best as I can so that you all will have CLEAR understanding of what's happening, what's going on and how to govern yourselves in these matters.  If some of you desire to leave this ministry because of these things, then I understand.  No feelings are hurt here and I will still pray with/for you as the Lord God leads me to. 

So be led of The Eternal Godhead when you sit down to play, learn or birth songs on the earth.  Just to show you how faithful God is, I remember wanting to learn some chord changes from 10 years ago.  I couldn't hear the changes but I asked God to teach me those changes.  I sat down at the keyboard some time ago and the Lord led me to learn that song.  It's a powerful song that I pray will be released through MIDI files so that you all can get the anointing and impartation from that file.  Well anyway, I sat down and the knowledge of those chord changes came so easily until I praised God for it and thanked Him.  I even told people in the local congregation about how God did this for me.  Now, I've got to incorporate all of this into my own playing.  There is a certain style of music that I want to make my own and see how the Lord will beautify this in my life. 

There is MORE Word from the Lord and revelation in me to share with you but I believe this is enough for now.  Yes, I will get deep with the revelation that we all may grow and get the impartation but one thing that I encourage you all to do is participate in this congregation.  I'm going to take some things before the Lord in prayer about instilling and see what He says.  I know I've been primarily imparting a LOT to you all and revealing a lot of things.  I will want to explore getting the interpretations of dreams through psalming.  I believe this is something that's a way's off for me.  When I sit at the keyboard and have been submitted to the Lord (James 4:6-8), He'll put certain dreams on my mind or spirit.  He doesn't give me the interpretation but corrects me or brings me to repentance/confession about the matters.  I'm just learning of this and if you all have any experience, faith or revelation with these matters, please do not hesitate to share with us.  As I get more revelation, I will share more with you all.  Just remember there IS more but I have to reveal elsewhere in other parts of this ministry.

Blessings and look forward to speaking with you all soon in Jesus name!

STAY Blessed!

uniquepraise

Re: Handling The Prophetic Songs Of The Lord
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2006, 05:07:48 AM »
Aaaahh we are catching on to the song of the Lord.  Glad to see you joining the ranks.  We've been doing this for quite some time now at Lion of Judah!
Pages: [1]   Go Up