LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: need some advice  (Read 922 times)

Offline tdbell99

• LGM Member

need some advice
« on: December 17, 2006, 12:03:41 AM »
Hi,

i'm new to the message board but I have a little problem.  our church was devastated by "Katrina and unfortunately we lost our musician. We found someone who committed to helping us until we found a new one.  Our service starts at 9:30am and we asked him to be there for 9:15am.  He statred coming to church about 9:45.  We addressed the problem then the next Sunday he never showed up.  the next Saturday he came to rehersal but Sunday he didn't show up .  He had some lame excuse for not coming neither calling.  needless to say he hasn't been back. Do you think I should call him and find out what's going on? I am sooooooo aggravated about the whole situation.  My brother who is an aspiring musician has been filling in since he's been away.  I see God is really doing a work in his life.  my other question is how do I not let this be a hinderance for praise and worship? What can i do to make things go a little more smoothly? 

Offline childofgod4u

• LGM Member
  • Will Ur h3@Rt N sOuL s@Y yEs!!!!

Re: need some advice
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2006, 08:51:50 PM »
WOW :o I know u feel.....First of I would call him and find out what is the REAL reasons why he hasn't been showing up on Sundays or even coming late.I would also find out if this is something that he really wants to do and if it is....is he ready to be committed to the ministry,because it seems like without him you all were in a bind b4 u got your brother.And when you do this no matter how upset or aggravated you may be pray about it before you actually talk to him,so that the Lord will give you the spirit of calmness.

AS far as your brother goes I would also talk to him and ask him would he be willing to be your musician until u either find another musician who is will to committ 100% or be the musician all the time.As far as this situation being a hinderance to the church....I will honestly have to say yes,because music is the second most important thing people look for when either joining a church or just even visiting.So you might wanna set up these meetings ASAP.

I hope I have helped you in some way to getting your issue resolved...PLS let me know how the situation turned out.
*Princess of Praize*

Offline tdbell99

• LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2006, 10:08:55 AM »
well,

I thought about calling him and finding out why but I feel as though I shouldn't have to call him.Imean we are both brothers and sisters in Christ and the least he can do is tell us why he just decided to jump ship.  My brother filled in this Suday and he did an awsome job!!! I was so excited.  He wants to be the musician for the churh but of course he's still learning.  The musicians that he hangs out with are really good and they are teaching him a lot of stuff.  I look forward to hat God is going to do in the ministry this year.  Thanks

Offline teitei636

• LGM Member
  • Free2BMe

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2006, 10:30:44 AM »
WOW! Well, like you said in your second reply, why should you have to call him! We have to accountable for our own actions. The Lord may be making room from your brother! My father pastors and we struggled for years with uncommitted musicians until God raise up my little brother! He wasn't the fast finger runner at the time, but he held the song! As he grew, he's now a bad musician and they love him to pieces! Its all about God's timing! As for the uncommitted musician, employers look at it as No call, no show and write that on the letter of termination. Just be prayerful, speak with your leadership and see how they want to handle it! Consistency is KEY in ministry! Blessings to you and I pray this works out QUICKLY!
Wife. Mother. Minister. Friend of God

Offline MrSparrow

• LGM Member

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2006, 07:13:13 AM »
Well, I have to be honest with you... if you want more from that musician than his talents (SALVATION, PASTORING etc...) you should have called him a while ago...

If this musician wasn't a musician and he stopped coming would you seek him or ponder searching for him?

It sounds to me like two things should happen soon.

#1 I think you should seek the Lord for your intentions for this musician. Are you "after his gift" or are you "after his soul"?
I'm positive if you show that musician that you are generally interested in HIM and not his TALENT, he will come around, stick around and stay. I'm sure that musician has committment issues probably because he's going through some church hurt. Show him/her that you don't just want to use his gift for your church but you want him to be a part of your family. Take the dude out to eat after church, call them out of the blue and tell them "I JUST WANT TO SAY THAT I LOVE YOU AND GOD HAD YOU ON MY MIND TODAY! HOW ARE YOU DOING TODAY?"

#2 I think your church should invest in your brother and purchase some of these WONDERFUL dvds and keep encouraging him to expand his gift. It concerns me that TOO MANY CHURCHES FEEL THE ONLY INVESTMENT THEY HAVE TO DO IN THEIR MUSICIAN'S LIFE IS A PAYCHECK!!!!!!!! Get with your Pastor and create a budget for musician training.

I hope you can use some of this...

Be blessed,

MrSparrow

Pages: [1]   Go Up