LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: M.O.M.S. should be members ????  (Read 4611 times)

Offline diverse379

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Players Govern Players Spectators Form Opinions

Re: M.O.M.S. should be members ????
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2006, 04:10:40 PM »
As I recall (or reread), you asked us for our opinion and our thoughts. So, when you get them, you want to get defensive?  ?/?

I asked a question, for the sake of clarification, nothing more. Ease back, playboy, ease back.

But, I'll ask this question. While you're being the MOM at one church, where ARE you going to get feed, Mr. Sheep; what's happening to your soul (that's too important for the church that hired you to feed you) while your leading the music ministry?
Just wondering.

well actually I asked to be schooled  ie.  educated instructed, mentored

the last time i went to grad school to be a teacher i was taught not to criticize your students and  that it wasnt necessary to use sarcasm to get your point accross all it does is cause the student to be defensive.
so if I got defensive maybe it was some criticism and the hint of sarcasm that caused that (you think)

I will apologize for sounding harsh
but everything I said concerning judgement and logic is scriptual and if the word convicts you dont get mad at me i ddnt write the bible

God does use the foolish things to confound the wise
and the word does say judge not another master's servant for he stands before his master to be judged.
I was merely reminding you of that.

most of the other people on the other side of this debate said what they said in love without bringing my logic or thought process into question and the one or two that did managed to do so without sounding the least bit sarcastic
and right after you said what you said the very next post took on the same judgemental tone so I felt a need to remind us all what the word says about judging servants of God

touch not my annointed the word says
and if you think being called a hierling or being likened to a mercenary is just harmless taliking The word also says there is power of life and death in the tongue and if you put a label upon me that is unjust I will quickly remove it just like any of you should

never let your good be evil spoken of never never

and I think you meant pray boy because I aint no play boy
just to set the record straight on that as well.

make you points without attacking my character and we will have no sounds of harshness what soever

if you were an ignorant man Sjon i would not have taken the time to even respoind to you
but you are a Intelligent man with what I imagine is a heart for God and although not always correct I believe you do what you do for the good so I respond to you

as an older brother in christ taliking to a younger man who is trying to be the Best man God made him to be
so please take it as such without criticizing you I can pull your coat.

if it was merely for clarification that you asked what you asked i would have treated it accordingly but you said that what i was saying wasnt logical and likened me to being a mercenary (or at least my analogy)  so i responded to that. 
you also said it sounded a little mercernary like so i responded to that as well. 

like the brother said we are just talking so i will keep it in that context not mad at you sjon
i respect you
always did
you have your way and I have mine but I will stand up for what I believe make no mistake about it/

But i will do my best to do it in love

And I do receive
the fact that if i am not feeling Like i am being fed where I minister I need to make it my business to be fed.
somewhere
but even in that I must be careful not to challenge or ursurp the pastors vision and misson as he is led by God

so to answer the question about where i go to get fed I used to go to a mens bible study run by a pastor and this deacon and I learned a tremendous amount.

I sometimes return to my home church for friday night service.  and Currently I am making my way to Allen Cathedral for sunrise service to get under some real teaching.

very good questions though I need to make it my business to get fed for real.

bleet bleeet bleeet

says mr sheep

To be or not to be that is the question you anwer when you pray practice and read your word

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2006, 07:33:51 PM »

the last time i went to grad school to be a teacher i was taught not to criticize your students and  that it wasnt necessary to use sarcasm to get your point accross all it does is cause the student to be defensive.
so if I got defensive maybe it was some criticism and the hint of sarcasm that caused that (you think)

I will apologize for sounding harsh
but everything I said concerning judgement and logic is scriptual and if the word convicts you dont get mad at me i ddnt write the bible

And I do receive
the fact that if i am not feeling Like i am being fed where I minister I need to make it my business to be fed.
somewhere but even in that I must be careful not to challenge or ursurp the pastors vision and misson as he is led by God

so to answer the question about where i go to get fed I used to go to a mens bible study run by a pastor and this deacon and I learned a tremendous amount.

I sometimes return to my home church for friday night service.  and Currently I am making my way to Allen Cathedral for sunrise service to get under some real teaching.

very good questions though I need to make it my business to get fed for real.

bleet bleeet bleeet

says mr sheep

First, your grad school teacher isn't totally correct. I use sarcasm all the time with my students and they LOVE me for it; and those who don't LOVE me, at the very least respect me.  ;)

I'd go into a diatribe about our educational system, but I'd need to get a hand massage when I was finished.  :D

You do realize that since you used the conjunction, but after your 'apology' means that you really DIDN'T apologize, right? Just wanted to set the record straight.  ;)
And, where did you get that I'm mad, upset or even the least bit hurt?  ?/?

As for the actual topic, like the commercial says, "Be you, do what you do", bruh.   ;)

I'm outta here!!  ;D
Despite our communication technology, no invention is as effective as the sound of the human voice.

kadman92

« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2006, 08:59:49 PM »
I can comment on our education system.... oh wait, I don't have that much time either.

I can paraphrase, It is, with the exception of a few educators, failing our youth.  It is sad that you have to pay for private school, which in some cases is more that college tuition, to get a quality education.

Diverse... please know that tone an inflection cannot be assumed in anything typed in a post or email.  I can say with some confidence that even though we use sarcasm here to inject humor, the majority of us here are not being condisending or hurtful with our responces.  With the most part we do try to be as pastoral as we can, speaking for the leadership of this site.

The question you ask is one that the answer can vary depending on the Pastor.  So it comes down to that basically.

On a personal note, I cannot spread myself thin and support more than one ministry at a time.  I have to be a part of the ministry I am a musician at or if appointed the title... M. O. M.

Be Blessed

Offline diverse379

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2006, 09:15:53 PM »
Respect on that Kadman
and I am sure most  of the leaders on this site are very pastoral in their opinions and advice etc
I dont think this situation with sjon fell into that category.

To be or not to be that is the question you anwer when you pray practice and read your word

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2006, 10:09:34 PM »
Respect on that Kadman
and I am sure most  of the leaders on this site are very pastoral in their opinions and advice etc
I dont think this situation with sjon fell into that category.

?/?
Despite our communication technology, no invention is as effective as the sound of the human voice.

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2006, 10:10:19 PM »
I can comment on our education system.... oh wait, I don't have that much time either.

I can paraphrase, It is, with the exception of a few educators, failing our youth.  It is sad that you have to pay for private school, which in some cases is more that college tuition, to get a quality education.

Diverse... please know that tone an inflection cannot be assumed in anything typed in a post or email.  I can say with some confidence that even though we use sarcasm here to inject humor, the majority of us here are not being condisending or hurtful with our responces.  With the most part we do try to be as pastoral as we can, speaking for the leadership of this site.

The question you ask is one that the answer can vary depending on the Pastor.  So it comes down to that basically.

On a personal note, I cannot spread myself thin and support more than one ministry at a time.  I have to be a part of the ministry I am a musician at or if appointed the title... M. O. M.

Be Blessed

Thanks, Brudda!!  ;) ;D

Offline saxandkeys

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • "You ain't gotta go nowhere...I gotchu!"

« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2006, 10:49:58 AM »
You do realize that since you used the conjunction, but after your 'apology' means that you really DIDN'T apologize, right? Just wanted to set the record straight. 
....................................... ....................................... ....................................... ....................................... .....................

:D :D :D :D :D..........Yo DV....you gotta admit.......THAT....was funny. :)
I'd rather be imperfectly inspired, than to be perfectly entertained...

Offline diverse379

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2006, 11:07:23 AM »
You do realize that since you used the conjunction, but after your 'apology' means that you really DIDN'T apologize, right? Just wanted to set the record straight. 
....................................... ....................................... ....................................... ....................................... .....................

alright sax and keys i will step outside myself and admit that was funny
but when i step back inside myself i aint laughing but i will laugh through you

thanks for bringing me back to righteouss thoughts
love you for your diplomacy

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2006, 11:33:27 AM »

alright sax and keys i will step outside myself and admit that was funny

Offline Mysteryman

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • The Jamaican breakfast patty created by me. :)
    • http://www.geocities.com/mysterymman1

« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2006, 01:37:02 AM »
I know personally its hard to committ to two different ministries. I was playing for another church temporarily. I was getting paid at that church but I was still playing at some night services at my church. The church I was playing for was hinting at me becoming a member. I had no plans to become a member there. When people know you will do things for free though they will take advantage of you and make you feel bad if you refuse.

More than likely once you become a member they are going to want to stop paying you. If you came to that church needing the finances you are going to be in a bind when the money stops.
Vision without action is just day dreaming. I miss practicing.

Offline diverse379

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2006, 05:31:31 AM »
I know personally its hard to committ to two different ministries. I was playing for another church temporarily. I was getting paid at that church but I was still playing at some night services at my church. The church I was playing for was hinting at me becoming a member. I had no plans to become a member there. When people know you will do things for free though they will take advantage of you and make you feel bad if you refuse.

More than likely once you become a member they are going to want to stop paying you. If you came to that church needing the finances you are going to be in a bind when the money stops.

a real pastor would never allow that ''they know a workman is worty of his hire
but i know there are churches like that that will atempt to take advantage

I cant see a churrch trying to not pay at all though thats crazy.

Offline MrSparrow

• LGM Member

« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2006, 03:41:27 PM »
I like this topic...

I have a few questions for you Diverse...

1. Where do you give your tithes and offerings?
2. How can you be a member of another church and you time and talents go somewhere else?
3. Does membership at your church only mean that they'll marry you and bury you for free?

I personally feel that musicians don't need to be members. My musicians are members but... that's just how things are done down here...

Ministers of Music go beyond just providing music. They PASTOR the musicians, singers and youth. They are responsible to be available at their Pastor's call to aid and assist in ways that go beyond just music. They are a representative of the church at all times in each and every situation. People won't know your name but they will recognize you as "that guy from that church down the street".

Ministers of Music are responsible for sharing, showing and grooming people to become what the vision of the house says they should be.

How can you say, I believe I'm called to be here in leadership but I can't committ to you because "so and so is my Pastor" but if my Pastor don't need me first I'll be there for you...

I just can't feel that bruh...

MrSparow

Offline Mysteryman

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2006, 04:06:43 PM »
If you have made a career out of music. And you take a job at another church I dont think you have to be a member.

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2006, 04:07:40 PM »
I like this topic...

I have a few questions for you Diverse...

1. Where do you give your tithes and offerings?
2. How can you be a member of another church and you time and talents go somewhere else?
3. Does membership at your church only mean that they'll marry you and bury you for free?

I personally feel that musicians don't need to be members. My musicians are members but... that's just how things are done down here...

Ministers of Music go beyond just providing music. They PASTOR the musicians, singers and youth. They are responsible to be available at their Pastor's call to aid and assist in ways that go beyond just music. They are a representative of the church at all times in each and every situation. People won't know your name but they will recognize you as "that guy from that church down the street".

Ministers of Music are responsible for sharing, showing and grooming people to become what the vision of the house says they should be.

How can you say, I believe I'm called to be here in leadership but I can't committ to you because "so and so is my Pastor" but if my Pastor don't need me first I'll be there for you...

I just can't feel that bruh...

MrSparow

Offline Furious Styles

• LGM Member

« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2006, 04:33:22 PM »
I'm feeling diverse on most of his points. First of all the paradigm of "church membership" is a joke in so many ways. We are all members of the body of Christ. Jesus is the head of the church. If one gives his time, talent, and gifts to a local fellowship then he is fulfilling his duty to the Lord. Pastoral leadership is a key element to ones personal growth on earth.

However God and an individual can only decide where he/she should be placed. As a church musician vet, I have seen the likes of church leadership using their authority to make people feel obligated to do something that God hasn't spoken for their individual purpose. Often times these church pharasees (oh I meant leaders) only see a need for the music to be played.

I respect the brother for being true to his convictions. The verse in Timothy reflects a two way relationship of church leaders and congregations who will both fall away from the truth. For the lady that implied that the brother was church hoping for that was quite apalling. It is a snapshot of what he has probably experienced in his "christian" experience. The only reasoning for most church rosters today is to see who giving what.

Often times it isn't out of the concern for the people who attend the fellowship. Someone mentioned where would he pay his tithes. Wow! Since when did God's house become a country club or Health Spa? Whatever fellowship I worship at I am only required to give a free will offering according to the real teachings of the scriptures. In other words if I worshipped somewhere differently every week I should be able to give an offering in that church.

I should also be able hear sound doctrine in that church as well. (In a perfect world) The holy spirit will guide us in the truth of whether or not sound doctrine went forth. So in closing bruh you ain't going crazy. Signing your name even if you did would be of non effect. If you are being faithful to God then you are fulfilling his purpose for your life. Only you and God can know how long you are to serve in a particular fellowship.

When we get ahead of God it always shows up. To others it will look like church hoping but to You and God it is getting you to the place he really needs you to be. I feel you kid... I feel you....

furious
Ignorance is Bliss

Offline Mysteryman

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2006, 04:45:18 PM »
That church hopping is another topic by itself. I can see the good and bad in it. If a person was going to  different churches to learn different music style I can see where that is plausible. Being lead of God ofcourse. I wouldnt say that is for everybody but I do believe God has a few that he moves around for a purpose. Especially if you are in the military. God can use your situtation for his advantage. I believe there is a select few that can do this. It's not for everybody. Some may not stay saved if they did this.

Offline diverse379

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2006, 05:24:36 PM »
i have no further comment I said what i need to on the subject.  my heart is sincere and I have no problem giving my all to whatever ministry i am working with

my home church's pastor is there for my spiritual walk he is my counselor and my covering and if i decide to go into the ministry he is my covering as well

tithes can go to wherever i fellowship not necessarily my home church but could be my home church if i choose

there are no limitations with God so why do we put limitations on our service?

sorry i said i would not comment

so forget what i just said

Offline ldr1971

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2006, 06:59:36 AM »
personally for me, i feel that the mom should be members because it is hard to eat from different tables. I couldn't see myself going from place to place every or every other Sunday.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up