LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: There’s Room For Everyone  (Read 784 times)

Offline DeeMee

• LGM Member

There’s Room For Everyone
« on: December 18, 2006, 11:48:47 AM »
What up LGM,

It’s been a minute since I have posted but after reading some posts I just wanted to drop a line or 2. I have seen a lot of dissention in the drummer room while some of it has been healthy and fun, a lot of it has been unnecessary and contrary to what we should be aspiring too.

I think the thing we have to remember is that each one of us drummers is a different person, with different opinions, and different ways of working. We have some people that like sheds, some that don’t. Some people like jam sessions, some don’t. Some people love striving for a greater musical knowledge, some don’t. Some just want licks and chops, some don’t. I believe instead of getting into these debates about who likes what and why I believe we can just remember one thing. There is room for every single one of us.

For every artist that wants a “Spanky” or “Chris Dave” on their album, there are just as many who would love a “Terry Baker” or “Calvin Rodgers” on theirs. The saying “your gift will make room for you” as cliché as it is, is also very true. So to all of you much respect is given cause I know each and every one of you have something very special to offer this music industry. We represent a huge drum spectrum so instead of debating or arguing with any of you, I applaud you all. Me being 28 years old I still feel like I can learn something from anybody, be it a 5 year old kid up unto an 80 year old seasoned vet. But of course everyone is not going to think like me but I don’t expect it. Why, because I am me and you are you.

Just a little encouragement for everyone to keep doing you and doing what God has called “YOU” to do. That is what it is all about right? Be blessed my LGM Brothers.

DeeMee – “Always trying to share the wealth”.

Sorry so long, finished my thesis and still in writing mode................

Offline fretai03

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My Fatso
    • My Youth

Re: There’s Room For Everyone
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2006, 12:52:20 PM »
Well said... Amen.

Offline EricT

• LGM Member

Re: There’s Room For Everyone
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2006, 02:32:08 PM »
I agree with you..I'm basically here to network with my fellow Levites to gain more knowledge than I know already. I do appreciate this take on things cause it makes you appreciate everyone...everyone in this room has something to offer to GOD the industry, each other and those that will come up behind us...

Great topic
Proverbs 3: 5-6
Pages: [1]   Go Up