LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Praise Team Issues  (Read 4362 times)

Offline childofgod4u

• LGM Member
  • Will Ur h3@Rt N sOuL s@Y yEs!!!!

Praise Team Issues
« on: December 18, 2006, 09:49:43 AM »
I was recently appointed youth praise team leader.We have sang a couple of times,but there seems to be a problem.Everytime we have sang we have not sounded good at all. In practice we are boomin with the right harmonies and the music is just right but when it comes to sunday morning....musicians dont remember the keys and melodies and the squad act like they cant sing anymore.I don't understand.

Please help!!!! They are talented group of kids but when it comes to sundays they get stuck.What can I do to help sound the same like they did at our rehersals.

thanks in advance
*Princess of Praize*

Offline THE WOLFMAN

• LGM Member

Re: Praise Team Issues
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2006, 10:02:23 AM »
can u do a quickie rehearsal before service?

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2006, 10:07:12 AM »
I was recently appointed youth praise team leader.We have sang a couple of times,but there seems to be a problem.Everytime we have sang we have not sounded good at all. In practice we are boomin with the right harmonies and the music is just right but when it comes to sunday morning....musicians dont remember the keys and melodies and the squad act like they cant sing anymore.I don't understand.

Please help!!!! They are talented group of kids but when it comes to sundays they get stuck.What can I do to help sound the same like they did at our rehersals.

thanks in advance

More than likely, they're nervous before service. They're kids, after all and it happens. Work on their self-esteem and confidence and see if THAT doesn't improve their overall sound.
Despite our communication technology, no invention is as effective as the sound of the human voice.

Offline docjohn

• LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2006, 10:49:55 AM »
PRAY!!! pray before practice,pray before sevice!!!  the enemy does all he can to sidetrack us.few years ago was in a band with some heavy players.(one cat had been on the road with andre crouch at age 12) came time to minister,if we weren't prayed up and for,looked like we had never seen our axes till we got up to pray.so pray,and then pray some more!!!!be blessed. as far as esteem,paul said i have NO confidence in the flesh.GOD exalts the humble,and opposes the proud. too much dr phil self -esteem type stuff- our GLORY is CHRIST-in us

Offline THE WOLFMAN

• LGM Member

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2006, 11:13:29 AM »
PRAY!!! pray before practice,pray before sevice!!!  the enemy does all he can to sidetrack us.few years ago was in a band with some heavy players.(one cat had been on the road with andre crouch at age 12) came time to minister,if we weren't prayed up and for,looked like we had never seen our axes till we got up to pray.so pray,and then pray some more!!!!be blessed. as far as esteem,paul said i have NO confidence in the flesh.GOD exalts the humble,and opposes the proud. too much dr phil self -esteem type stuff- our GLORY is CHRIST-in us

We're talking about kids, mind you. That sounds reeeeeal good, but how many kids do you know that understand the writings of Paul?

Lets not get too "churchified" that we forget that there is a development process that still has to take place. 

Prayer is critical. Self-esteem is also important. .

I CAN do all things through CHRIST....

While there is the acknowledgement that it IS through Christ, there is still the need to take possession of that authority(exusia) and ability(dunamis)which Christ enables us to excercise through Him.

You feel good when you know you "can"-e.g. Self-esteem. Although the "can" comes from Christ.

Offline childofgod4u

• LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2006, 11:35:33 AM »
can u do a quickie rehearsal before service?

Generally we don not always have time due to sunday school,But I will try that idea.Thank you
*Princess of Praize*

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2006, 11:41:07 AM »
We're talking about kids, mind you. That sounds reeeeeal good, but how many kids do you know that understand the writings of Paul?

Lets not get too "churchified" that we forget that there is a development process that still has to take place. 

Prayer is critical. Self-esteem is also important. .

I CAN do all things through CHRIST....

While there is the acknowledgement that it IS through Christ, there is still the need to take possession of that authority(exusia) and ability(dunamis)which Christ enables us to excercise through Him.

You feel good when you know you "can"-e.g. Self-esteem. Although the "can" comes from Christ.

Jesus, is that You, in this post?  ;)
Despite our communication technology, no invention is as effective as the sound of the human voice.

Offline THE WOLFMAN

• LGM Member

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2006, 11:58:05 AM »

Jesus, is that You, in this post?  ;)

Nah, name's Rufus.

I overheard im talkin to His Old man one day, figured i put in im my repetoire...

He owes me 20 dollars tho....

B_XALTED

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2006, 06:59:51 PM »

thanks in advance

LOL... Tiffany..... dont you ever notice thats why I stop beatin the drums??? LOL......

Naw, but look at where our church was two years ago, and look at it now that we have helped them out..... through prayer and our own experience. I am encouraging you to the fullest. I can see in your face week after week that you are ready to give up, but dont. You were put in that position for a reason...... Dont be discouraged please. And like Sjon said, they are kids, and are probably nervouse...... I will help in any way that I can..... Just remember that I got your back. Look over at me next time, and I will yell out the right note..... or throw a drum stick.....

...and as for the musicians.... LOL.................... some one once told me, that if you have nothing nice to say...  :-X  :-X  :-X

Offline childofgod4u

• LGM Member

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2006, 10:53:03 PM »
LOL... Tiffany..... dont you ever notice thats why I stop beatin the drums??? LOL......

Naw, but look at where our church was two years ago, and look at it now that we have helped them out..... through prayer and our own experience. I am encouraging you to the fullest. I can see in your face week after week that you are ready to give up, but dont. You were put in that position for a reason...... Dont be discouraged please. And like Sjon said, they are kids, and are probably nervouse...... I will help in any way that I can..... Just remember that I got your back. Look over at me next time, and I will yell out the right note..... or throw a drum stick.....

...and as for the musicians.... LOL.................... some one once told me, that if you have nothing nice to say...  :-X  :-X  :-X

You know I never understand y I ever listen to you...you are retarded...LOL But I know u got my back and yea I do feel like givin up sometimes but u see im in this to win this and next time Imma out a mic on the drums so that u can hold my tenor and alots down..as far as the soprano...well u no.But thanks for the encouraging words and try and keep ur musicians on track PLEASE....LOL

*Princess of Praize*

Offline THE WOLFMAN

• LGM Member

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2006, 10:58:39 PM »
y'all two go to the same church?

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2006, 06:38:58 AM »

You don't miss much, do you?  ::)   ;D

B_XALTED

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2006, 06:45:40 AM »

Ummmmmm.... thats my sister. LOL.....

B_XALTED

« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2006, 06:46:44 AM »
Tiffany, you can also fake like you are gettin happy.... Like I did that time I had that solo....

I faked like I was getting happy and knocked down all the mics.......... No singin for me... LOL.

Offline childofgod4u

• LGM Member

« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2006, 08:02:29 AM »
Tiffany, you can also fake like you are gettin happy.... Like I did that time I had that solo....

I faked like I was getting happy and knocked down all the mics.......... No singin for me... LOL.

How about not ROTFLMBO.......we are no longer related u have a problem but yeah thanks everyone for the advice.
*Princess of Praize*

Offline bishopcole

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • YES INDEED!!! AND THATS A RAP!!!

« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2006, 08:04:47 AM »

Yes indeed!!  Bishop Cole
"Stay in God Always"  - Bishop Lamar Cole
"It's not about the Music, it's about the Ministry"

B_XALTED

« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2006, 08:16:46 AM »
How about not ROTFLMBO.......we are no longer related u have a problem but yeah thanks everyone for the advice.

Oooooh, you can have one of the little kids pull the fire alarm too....... that always works.

But for real, where we are now, is HUGE compared to where the church was before. I know how you know who fells about you know what... so we just gonna hursh...... the musicians will come. But God isnt going to send a blessing in the midst of confussion, crap, and inconsistency. Its coming.... trust me, look at how far I have come. Look at how far you have come, your choir and PT..... its a tremendous work..... jsut stay prayerful, and know that all things work together for the good..... You are gonna look back on this a praise God for what He had planned all along. Just be patient.....

Oh, and errrr, ummmmm......... Have you seen my white Nikes???? I cant find 'em yo....

Anyway, see you later.

B_XALTED

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2006, 08:17:15 AM »

Yes indeed!!  Bishop Cole

?/?  ?/?  ?/?  ?/?

Offline childofgod4u

• LGM Member

« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2006, 08:46:39 AM »
Oooooh, you can have one of the little kids pull the fire alarm too....... that always works.

But for real, where we are now, is HUGE compared to where the church was before. I know how you know who fells about you know what... so we just gonna hursh...... the musicians will come. But God isnt going to send a blessing in the midst of confussion, crap, and inconsistency. Its coming.... trust me, look at how far I have come. Look at how far you have come, your choir and PT..... its a tremendous work..... jsut stay prayerful, and know that all things work together for the good..... You are gonna look back on this a praise God for what He had planned all along. Just be patient.....

Oh, and errrr, ummmmm......... Have you seen my white Nikes???? I cant find 'em yo....

I know that's right...cbc has come a very long long way and I would have to say it is gettin better no matter how much confusion crap or even miscommunication goes on...the church is movin on to bigger and better thangs....what did yo pastor talk about on sunday?LOL....But everyday I stay prayed up when I walk in them doors everytime so I know this is how He wanted it to be......bythe way rehersal was a hot mess last night...no lisa no drummer...d was trippin on the keys and the choir I don't even wanna go there

As far as ur nikes go u better check ur nephew or Tookie....LOL

Anyway, see you later.
*Princess of Praize*

B_XALTED

« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2006, 08:49:39 AM »
Pls excuse us LGM.... LOL...... we are a very open family... LOL.....

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up