LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Praise Team Issues  (Read 4399 times)

Offline childofgod4u

• LGM Member
  • Will Ur h3@Rt N sOuL s@Y yEs!!!!

Re: Praise Team Issues
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2006, 09:00:21 AM »
*Princess of Praize*

B_XALTED

« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2006, 09:39:43 AM »
Be nice

Okay...... you know what about you know when right??? so hursh.....

Offline Kirkseydlw

• LGM Member
  • god bluss
    • www.clark sister .com

« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2006, 12:46:18 PM »
keep working with tham   and pray before
all my  help comes from the lord

Offline Mysteryman

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • The Jamaican breakfast patty created by me. :)
    • http://www.geocities.com/mysterymman1

« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2006, 01:26:25 PM »
I was recently appointed youth praise team leader.We have sang a couple of times,but there seems to be a problem.Everytime we have sang we have not sounded good at all. In practice we are boomin with the right harmonies and the music is just right but when it comes to sunday morning....musicians dont remember the keys and melodies and the squad act like they cant sing anymore.I don't understand.

Please help!!!! They are talented group of kids but when it comes to sundays they get stuck.What can I do to help sound the same like they did at our rehersals.

thanks in advance

Im becoming a broken record. This is why churches need to warm up and do exercises. You have to train your ear to a certain sound. Usually some churches only have one rehearsal before singing a song that can be a mistake especially if you have unskilled singers.
Vision without action is just day dreaming. I miss practicing.

Offline THE WOLFMAN

• LGM Member

« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2006, 02:11:58 PM »
Im becoming a broken record. This is why churches need to warm up and do exercises. You have to train your ear to a certain sound. Usually some churches only have one rehearsal before singing a song that can be a mistake especially if you have unskilled singers.

Churches need to warm up, period..

B_XALTED

« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2006, 02:17:53 PM »

I know first hand that this is NOT the issue. We have 2 rehearsals before that particular Sunday.... and I can see if it were new songs everytime, but this is stuff that they know. They know the notes, they know the harmonies..... But I believe that the confidence is missing.

I am the drummer for this choir, and I can definitely say that there is a very large amount of discomfort....  They are KIDS surely, but I know tons of KIDS who are ministers, choir directors, MOMs and such....

I think it will come in time Tiffany, prayer, fasting and faith........ hang in there. I will see you and mom at rehearsal... I'll play the keys this time. LOL NOT!!!

Offline Mysteryman

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • The Jamaican breakfast patty created by me. :)
    • http://www.geocities.com/mysterymman1

« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2006, 02:56:14 PM »
I know first hand that this is NOT the issue. We have 2 rehearsals before that particular Sunday.... and I can see if it were new songs everytime, but this is stuff that they know. They know the notes, they know the harmonies..... But I believe that the confidence is missing.

I am the drummer for this choir, and I can definitely say that there is a very large amount of discomfort....  They are KIDS surely, but I know tons of KIDS who are ministers, choir directors, MOMs and such....

I think it will come in time Tiffany, prayer, fasting and faith........ hang in there. I will see you and mom at rehearsal... I'll play the keys this time. LOL NOT!!!

Well Simon says kids cant sing. LOL

I could say the same thing about our church choir but I know its because they do not have enough training. If a school teacher can get a bunch of little kids in harmony and sing to presidents then churches can too.
Vision without action is just day dreaming. I miss practicing.

B_XALTED

« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2006, 02:56:54 PM »

I could say the same thing about our church choir but I know its because they do not have enough training. If a school teacher can get a bunch of little kids in harmony and sing to presidents then churches can too.

Heeeeheeeeheeeeheeee... LOL.

Offline B3Wannabe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2006, 04:47:57 PM »
....YALL IS FAMILY?!....

No..I'm kidding....

See....That's why I present stuff to our choir by the YEAR! LOL

...AND WE STILL DON'T GET TO LEARN ALL THE SONGS! I presented 13 songs, in January, last year, and we only learned 6, and I didn't go crazy and throw any Tye or James Hall (ok maybe one James Hall, but it was "Joy to the world" and that one is easy!), but one of our problems is that our singers are VERY MUCH beginners. They're getting better, but the MAIN problem is that they come like 30-40 minutes late to a rehearsal that's 1 hour and 30 minutes long. I tried sitting people down, and even putting them on the "inactive" roster, but they still do the same thing. But like I said before, we're getting better, so maybe we can sing "Joy to the world" next year.

Offline KurzLand

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2006, 10:50:22 PM »

but the MAIN problem is that they come like 30-40 minutes late to a rehearsal that's 1 hour and 30 minutes long. I tried sitting people down, and even putting them on the "inactive" roster, but they still do the same thing.

WoW really?

I wouldn't be happy with people that came 40 min. late, even if they are getting better.
"Experience is not what happens to a man; it is what a man does with what happens to him." -A.Huxley

Offline childofgod4u

• LGM Member

« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2006, 10:51:17 PM »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
*Princess of Praize*

Offline childofgod4u

• LGM Member

« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2006, 10:56:04 PM »
....YALL IS FAMILY?!....

No..I'm kidding....

...AND WE STILL DON'T GET TO LEARN ALL THE SONGS! I presented 13 songs, in January, last year, and we only learned 6, and I didn't go crazy and throw any Tye or James Hall (ok maybe one James Hall, but it was "Joy to the world" and that one is easy!), but one of our problems is that our singers are VERY MUCH beginners. They're getting better, but the MAIN problem is that they come like 30-40 minutes late to a rehearsal that's 1 hour and 30 minutes long. I tried sitting people down, and even putting them on the "inactive" roster, but they still do the same thing. But like I said before, we're getting better, so maybe we can sing "Joy to the world" next year.

Yeah we family...LOL...that is my sis. But ya know what I have learned that it takes time for this kind of thing..this church is doin a 180 right aout now and they don't know how to handle it yet.And it MAKING them work for what they want.
*Princess of Praize*

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2006, 06:35:30 AM »
....YALL IS FAMILY?!....

No..I'm kidding....

Then they are asked to remove themselves from the choir. You can't have that from teenagers, else they'll continue to do this as adults. Train up a child, bruh!  ;)
Despite our communication technology, no invention is as effective as the sound of the human voice.

Offline B3Wannabe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2006, 08:54:49 AM »

Then they are asked to remove themselves from the choir. You can't have that from teenagers, else they'll continue to do this as adults. Train up a child, bruh!  ;)

THESE ARE GROWN FOLKS! SOME OF THEM ARE OLDER THAN ME, DUDE! LOL

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2006, 10:27:52 AM »
THESE ARE GROWN FOLKS! SOME OF THEM ARE OLDER THAN ME, DUDE! LOL

Then you can REALLY have them removed because they are setting bad precedents.  ;)
Despite our communication technology, no invention is as effective as the sound of the human voice.

uniquepraise

« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2006, 01:14:13 PM »
Somebody need to catch on fire and burn with the HOLLLLYYY GHHHHOOOOOOSSSSS!!! ;D

Offline Furious Styles

• LGM Member

« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2006, 03:38:35 PM »
Dealing with the frustration isn't easy however when it comes to children have a little more patience. Encourage them on the wonderful job they did. Inspire confidence in them and train them to sing to the glory of God and not the applause of man. The precedent we can set by teaching them to sing for man will teach them how to possibly be the Next X-Rated singer.

This isn't sugar coating anything. Jesus told the disciples that they were the light of the world before they were confident enough to cast out devils. We have to call things that are not as though they were. Do that consistently for a few weeks and see the difference.
Ignorance is Bliss

Offline LadyWiz

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Praise is what I do

« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2007, 10:39:32 PM »
I was recently appointed youth praise team leader.We have sang a couple of times,but there seems to be a problem.Everytime we have sang we have not sounded good at all. In practice we are boomin with the right harmonies and the music is just right but when it comes to sunday morning....musicians dont remember the keys and melodies and the squad act like they cant sing anymore.I don't understand.

Please help!!!! They are talented group of kids but when it comes to sundays they get stuck.What can I do to help sound the same like they did at our rehersals.

thanks in advance

I'm on my church's praise team and what REALLY helps me remember songs that we practiced Tuesday night all the way to Sunday morning is I tape record it and during the week I play the STANK off that tape  :D :D until I get it right.....and it's had a chance to work its way into my spirit.

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2007, 06:43:25 AM »
I'm on my church's praise team and what REALLY helps me remember songs that we practiced Tuesday night all the way to Sunday morning is I tape record it and during the week I play the STANK off that tape  :D :D until I get it right.....and it's had a chance to work its way into my spirit.

That will work for resposible adults. We're talkin' about kids here, and if they haven't been taught discipline concerning such matters, then one has to wait until they 'get it'.  :-\
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up