LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HELP with czerny 100 progressive exercises  (Read 1573 times)

Offline diverse379

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Players Govern Players Spectators Form Opinions

HELP with czerny 100 progressive exercises
« on: December 19, 2006, 10:18:51 AM »
I have had two gospel /jazz teachers who recommended czerny to me
but neither of them explained why
what is the deal with czerny why are these cute little pieces of his so important in my development

100 progressive exercises just seem like 100 cute little pieces so whats the deal why are they so special

somebody help a brother out with this question
To be or not to be that is the question you anwer when you pray practice and read your word

TheGiftedOne

Re: HELP with czerny 100 progressive exercises
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2006, 09:04:22 PM »
 ?/?

Offline diverse379

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2006, 09:54:33 PM »
I asked one of my other professors and he explained that czerny is really old school for classical instruction but for some reason it is still popular among gospel and jazz musicians

he was saying that czerny is invaluable for what it offers in the way of technical development
i also found out that these exercises should be done at a brisk pace and should be very even
To be or not to be that is the question you anwer when you pray practice and read your word

Offline Joshorgan

• LGM Member
  • Watch what you think. Mean what you say.

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2006, 06:57:41 PM »
It really coordinates the fingers. You probaly won't notice it while practicing because most of our finger dexterity progresses after we get off of the piano :o This is called post practice Improvement or PPI. It gives the brain time to adjust to the new finger movements. Do those exercises for a couple of months and your fingers we run across the keys like water. I am studying with a classical piano professor and these exercises really help. Start off slow and make every note stand out. They help my friend.

Offline funkyfingaz

• LGM Member
  • Jay-R of Kingdom Revolution
    • My Myspace page

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2006, 07:33:39 PM »
Ur absoutely Amen Josh!... ;) I neva heard of Czerny tho..Are the exercises similar to Hanon's? Cuz I use his exercises
There's a Kingdom Revolution...Hear to Worship!

Offline diverse379

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2006, 08:03:25 PM »
It really coordinates the fingers. You probaly won't notice it while practicing because most of our finger dexterity progresses after we get off of the piano :o This is called post practice Improvement or PPI. It gives the brain time to adjust to the new finger movements. Do those exercises for a couple of months and your fingers we run across the keys like water. I am studying with a classical piano professor and these exercises really help. Start off slow and make every note stand out. They help my friend.

thank you very much  i am not familiar with how classical music develops
you so this is encouraging  to answer funky fingaz question
no it is nothing like hanon

these are small short pieces of music designed to develop particular technical issues

they sound like little mini compositions

Pages: [1]   Go Up