LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: A KEYBOARDIST'S WORST NIGHTMARE  (Read 5122 times)

Offline ojkid

• LGM Member

A KEYBOARDIST'S WORST NIGHTMARE
« on: December 24, 2006, 06:24:17 PM »
i just want to share an experience with all you keyboardist out there..learn a lesson from me.i recently got a korg trinty.she's  my baby..lol..a really good frend of mine who is also a keyboardist sumhow managed to convince me to borrow it to him for 2 concerts 1 night after the other..i did being the christian that i am an sharing is wat we have to do..however today i recieved my trinity a week after. and 3 keys are broken. which he never mentioned. an the most embarassin thing. he deliverd it to me just before service started so while trying to rush to put the keyboard on b4 the worship leader starts..my trinity NEVER came on. so i was forced to play 1 keyboard for the service. while my trinity remained dead. i called hiim that same mornin, where of course he pretended like he never knew the kybeoard was not comin on. i told him please come to collect it and feel free to return it as soon as he fixes it.....lession learnt. be carefyul wioth your instruements.now i understand why other musicians dont like to lend other ppl their stuff...what do you guys think

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

Re: A KEYBOARDIST'S WORST NIGHTMARE
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2006, 06:27:35 PM »
i just want to share an experience with all you keyboardist out there..learn a lesson from me.i recently got a korg trinty.she's  my baby..lol..a really good frend of mine who is also a keyboardist sumhow managed to convince me to borrow it to him for 2 concerts 1 night after the other..i did being the christian that i am an sharing is wat we have to do..however today i recieved my trinity a week after. and 3 keys are broken. which he never mentioned. an the most embarassin thing. he deliverd it to me just before service started so while trying to rush to put the keyboard on b4 the worship leader starts..my trinity NEVER came on. so i was forced to play 1 keyboard for the service. while my trinity remained dead. i called hiim that same mornin, where of course he pretended like he never knew the kybeoard was not comin on. i told him please come to collect it and feel free to return it as soon as he fixes it.....lession learnt. be carefyul wioth your instruements.now i understand why other musicians dont like to lend other ppl their stuff...what do you guys think

I think you need to use spell check and paragraphs. Just a friendly tip from The Grammar Wizard.  ;)

I also think you've learned your lesson. Sorry to hear about your loss.  :-\
Despite our communication technology, no invention is as effective as the sound of the human voice.

Offline musiqisme26

• LGM Member
  • Yaron MusicCo. Gospels Fresh Sound!

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2006, 11:54:04 AM »

couldnt be me, somebody would have to have my new working keyboard or someones face would be broke and i would still need my board fixed or money to replace.

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2006, 04:12:09 PM »
couldnt be me, somebody would have to have my new working keyboard or someones face would be broke and i would still need my board fixed or money to replace.

We are yet praying for your deliverance. Until then, try anger management.  ;) :D
Despite our communication technology, no invention is as effective as the sound of the human voice.

Offline Bigtime

• LGM Member
  • Bigtimekeyz Doin' Big Thangs
    • Myspace

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2006, 06:10:38 PM »

I think you need to use spell check and paragraphs. Just a friendly tip from The Grammar Wizard.  ;)

OOOOOOK. at the quote :(.. claim down.....But yea... I rather not let others use my instrument but you did a positive thing by letting the person use it but you got a negative in return. Yea you learnt ur lesson this time. But you will know what to do next time.

May god bless you and you get your keyboard fixed in return
"Mama said the transpose key is the Devil" only use if u have 2

Offline comeunglued

• LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2006, 06:35:24 PM »
Its probably too early now but you should never let your experience with one irresponsible person hinder your ability to trust the many responsible musicians let alone a friend besides the lord  will bless you for your acts of kindness expecially for his service. But my brother be angry but sin not and remember to judge each individual on their own merit.Some you can trust some you can't.

Offline musiqisme26

• LGM Member

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2006, 07:54:10 AM »

We are yet praying for your deliverance. Until then, try anger management.  ;) :D

please do, you have to understand though im just using his situation its really not the fact that the keyboard is broke cuz i know things happen and you take a chance when you loan you things out and it couldve happened to me. its the fact that his "so-called friend" didnt respect him enough to say something to him he just dropped it off knowing that he needed to use it at church and brought it to the church like everyhting was ok.

hey ojkid if you need another board holla at me im selling my motif6

Offline Lamonte 1990

• LGM Member
  • "God is FIRST; then everything else comes after...
    • New Beginning Church of God In Christ

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2006, 11:27:07 AM »
Nope Nope NOpe...... Uh Uh....

I would not let no one use Nuthing Of mine, That's expensive... ESPECIALLY MUsicall Stuff, Or Instruments, Instrument accessories and Etc.
Cuz If they Break sumthin,They might think "well Since He had money to buy it, He got money to fix it..." SOME people are like that.
BUt no.... NO borrowing, If they DO borrow it, I would give a nice Fee to borrowing it. If its mine, and I use it for Church, I NEVER leave it there either.... I bring it, use it, tell everyone to not touch it, it's expsensive,and take it RIght Back home, where IT's safe.

Offline ShadowPhace

• LGM Member
  • I am truely blessed...thank you God.

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2006, 03:37:34 PM »
See if you can have you keyboard serviced, and then try to compromise with him about making payments on it getting serviced.

I'm sorry you have to go through this bra. Sometimes we just have to say no even if it hurts.
All the glory goes to God for my talent.

Offline ojkid

• LGM Member

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2006, 06:37:39 PM »
thanks guys for all your comments i learnt a really good lesson from all this. still have other news(mom does not know its broken). else i'm dead.lol.lol..but he will get it fixed though..that i will gaurantee.

once again thanks all..god bless :) :D

Offline 4hisglory

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Learn Gospel Musiic

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2006, 06:56:23 PM »
thanks guys for all your comments i learnt a really good lesson from all this. still have other news(mom does not know its broken). else i'm dead.lol.lol..but he will get it fixed though..that i will gaurantee.

I use to be the type to let people use my stuff, but I've heard some bad stories on LGM that makes me want to rethink this.
:)

Offline musiqisme26

• LGM Member

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2006, 10:57:55 PM »
I use to be the type to let people use my stuff, but I've heard some bad stories on LGM that makes me want to rethink this.

it just depends on who it is and i have had cats use my things and something bad happened but the difference they said something to me and we were able to have work out for all sides

Offline dfwkeys

• LGM Member

« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2006, 01:43:50 PM »
Letting someone borrow my keyboard is like letting them borrow my underwear.  It aint gonna happen.  But all jokes aside, if it really comes down to it and they need to borrow, i do it professional style, they would have to sign a written agreement regarding any damages that they will be responsible to repair.  If you ever rented a U-haul truck you would have to first write down any problems or damages on the truck before you rent it, then when returned they will inspect it to see if any new damages has occured.  That way, you can still do the christian thang but yet have some security.  Depending on the value of the keyboard i would probably as them to give a security depost of at leat 5-10% of the value of the board, so if your keyboard costs $2000.00 then they need to give you a security deposit of at least $100-200...

Offline KurzLand

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2006, 02:28:42 PM »
NO borrowing, If they DO borrow it, I would give a nice Fee to borrowing it.

You wanna borrow my keyboard? Give 100 dollars. If I find a little scratch on it, I keep the money. 8)
"Experience is not what happens to a man; it is what a man does with what happens to him." -A.Huxley

Offline THE WOLFMAN

• LGM Member

« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2006, 05:35:50 PM »
WOW...i mean, WOW......

me and dude woulda had words.....

i've only done that for few people, i've known them for YEEEEEEEARS, and thats when its not my main axe.(spare M1)

I do pray it gets resolved, nothing worse than being wronged by one in the body. Bad Biznezz...

But um, ya might need ta open up one of these........

Offline tmyboy

• LGM Member
    • Xtremepraise Music Ministry Conference

« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2006, 08:00:51 PM »
Learned my lesson as well.  We were having an aniversary service.  I though I would bring my new Kurzweil PC2X, so I did.  Went and set it up the night before.  Showed up the next morning, the pastor meets me at the door and tells me he was moving it and dropped it.  Broke 3 keys, and severed the Sustain Pedal.  Wouldn't come on either.

I tried getting it fixed numerous times, but at the time Kurzweil was moving there operations.  It took the Pastor one complete year before he did anything about it.  I had to make him at that.  I told him I was odering a new keyboard and the church would have to reimburse me for it.

I know that sounds mean of me, but I did what I had to do.  I worked hard to get the money to even by the Kurzweil.  It was my baby, however I have a new baby now - A Korg Triton LE 88.

Here's a word to the wise.  NEVER take your stuff any where.  Leave it at home and baby it, baby it, baby it.  Let someone else supply the music.

Offline Prody

• LGM Member

« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2006, 12:47:31 AM »
you are a good brother, because I would have never allowed anyone to take my board without me going along with it, more or less keep it for 2 seperate gigs.  Sharing what you're bless to have is a good thing, but when it comes to something that could effect your duties in the church or your work for the Lord, you really have to be careful.

Offline lockslie1

• LGM Member
  • Skyline!!!
    • PTS MUSIC COMPANY

« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2006, 01:27:37 PM »

WOW! My rig doesn't go anywhere I don't go. Tough lesson to learn bro. If you think mom not knowing is bad...Try a wife that bought it for you!!!!!  >:( That hasn't happened to me since I was in my younger years, but now that I have experience and I'm a married man... my wife would kill me if I let somebody borrow my rig  :o

Offline musiqisme26

• LGM Member

« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2006, 08:18:43 PM »
WOW! My rig doesn't go anywhere I don't go. Tough lesson to learn bro. If you think mom not knowing is bad...Try a wife that bought it for you!!!!!  >:( That hasn't happened to me since I was in my younger years, but now that I have experience and I'm a married man... my wife would kill me if I let somebody borrow my rig  :o

can I borrow the S90es?

Offline lockslie1

• LGM Member
  • Skyline!!!
    • PTS MUSIC COMPANY

« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2006, 09:12:54 PM »

can I borrow the S90es?
;D ;D For you sure!! Just send the funds for shipping and handling!  ;D ;D
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up