LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Most embarrassing moment  (Read 1545 times)

Offline visionmike

• LGM Member

Most embarrassing moment
« on: December 26, 2006, 10:23:31 PM »
I know that there are some extremely talented musicians in this forum, but I am sure in looking back there were some embarrassing moments that took place in your musical careers. I can remember a few years ago when I was on program to play a solo at church. Before I play, I like to say something before I start. This one time in particular, my solo was Jesus Can Work It Out. I started out quoting the scripture...Let us not be weary in well doing, for in due season we shall reap if we faint not. I couldn't remember the scripture Gal. 6:9 to save my life.( I was taught that if you quote a scripture, be able to tell where to find it)I got brain locked. I stood there at the mic until somebody helped me out. The house was packed. Pretty embarrassing, huh?
In everything you do, ALWAYS put God 1st!

Offline keynote

• LGM Member
  • Ps 16:1

Re: Most embarrassing moment
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2006, 11:55:44 PM »
Have u ever tried to play a song but the keyboard player or organist playing behind u didn't really know the song?

Yep.... that's what happened to me some years ago - it was at my godmother's funeral, and I was gonna play one of the songs I could really rock out... - I asked the organist if he knew it, and he was like "yeah - I know it - I'll follow you".... (Translation: nah - not at all)

Sooo.... as u can guess - I get up there and start playin - and realize - THIS FELLA DON'T KNOW THE SONG!!!! And turns out, neither did anybody else in the audience b/c I was gettin NO LOVE AT ALL!!! Everybody was just lookin' at me like "who let this fella up here anyway?"

It was sooo embarassing - and what made it worse, was there was another guy on program to play sax - he was older and more experienced, and had his background music recorded, and he played a more familiar song and everybody was feelin him (he was tight tho').

Afterwards I didn't even wanna show my face - I kept gettin the "aww bless his heart" or "just keep on practicing young fella" vibe from everybody - but I wanted to say ... "IT WASN'T MY FAULT I'M GOOD!!! I REALLY AM!!!!"

embarassing.... lol
Take care and be blessed!  Ps 16

Offline visionmike

• LGM Member

Re: Most embarrassing moment
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2006, 10:04:50 PM »
LOL, Keynote! That's a good one. That has happened to me too!
I know there are some more musicians out there with a blooper or two!
In everything you do, ALWAYS put God 1st!
Pages: [1]   Go Up