LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Minor Scales  (Read 11772 times)

Offline CLASSICK

• LGM Member
  • Livin' 4 Christ....What about u?

Re: Minor Scales
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2011, 09:41:20 PM »
I know that I am a little late on this matter but I'm stuck on something. Will you please explain when is it neccessary to use such scales. I understand the major and minor scales but I am a bit confused about: When would it be appropriate to use such scales...Could you give me an example in a song please? I just want to understand what I'm doing. Thanks in advance for your help  ;)
Hello, everyone....and Chevonee..lol
I know I'm kinda late but....
I'm in my second semester of music theory in college....We have discussed this subject a few times....My Prof explained it 2 me like this....
One of the uses for the harmonic minor scale is shown when you are in a natural minor key like say A minor and you use a big V chord instead of a minor v chord......

For example,

instead of

i  Am (A-C-E) to the
v Em (E-G-B)

It would be....

i Am (A-C-E) to the
V EM (E-G#-B)

The G# is from the raised 7th used in the harmonic minor scale, so this means you are borrowing or referring to this scale when this happens because this is not a ''diatonic chord". Hope this helps......Sorry so late.....   
Make music that matters. Make music that ministers.

siddle35

« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2011, 09:01:28 AM »
There are have lots of good information.This is sure major content, and is going to supply me tremendously in developing my ear to rivet chord progressions deed from study and peanut keys all within the aforementioned strain.

Offline siddons58

• LGM Member

« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2011, 07:36:49 AM »
When I experienced the tone minor metric for example,it gave out an exotic/eastern or arabic pronounce,you pair typewrite of you examine in movies that make inhospitable scenes or to be statesman fact,ask a perception at the whale film(the one with eric bana and jennifer connelly)where the whale is propulsion all over the mountains,for raw league are utilised in a lot of soul songs like "jehovah jireh,my businessperson he's prayer is spare for me"also can be in the martha munizzi strain "redoubtable",added information is when activity a D chord for information and you poverty to go to G,you playact Em to F m to G,that's another way to use pardonable chords,and scales
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up