LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Teddy Campbell ..........the singer  (Read 768 times)

Offline BigFoot_BigThumb

• LGM Member
  • The Waves SSL 4000 plug-ins. The greatest EVER!!!

Teddy Campbell ..........the singer
« on: December 22, 2006, 05:32:42 PM »
There have been quite a few posts about Teddy Campbell doing his thing on the kit.  Well, this may have been discussed in the past, or maybe not.  IF this has been discussed already please for give me for bringing back an old topic.  How many of you have checked him out as the lead singer of The Soul Seekers?  Teddy can blow.  I was surprised the first time I heard him sing.  If you're not familiar with The Soul Seekers, it is a traditional/quartet-style gospel group made up of some of the top session/live players and producers in the industry today.  The group also features Nisan Stewart on vocals, Eric Seats on drums, Warryn Campbell, on bass, John “Jubu” Smith on guitar, Charlie Bereal on guitar, Craig Brockman on organ/keybords, and Gerald Haddon on vocals. 

I really do like these cats, because they have got the quartet style nailed.  This shows just how well-rounded they are as musicians, and that they have not forgotten their foundation even though we're used to them bringing the funk on the regular.   I just wondered about this fact today because I saw them on TV and wondered had any of you peeped this group out or what not.  If not, give them a listen.  The CD is very nice.
When you've done your very best, do even better.

Offline beantownborn

• LGM Member

Re: Teddy Campbell ..........the singer
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2006, 02:57:16 AM »
Thanks for the heads up.  I'll keep an ear out for them, the Soul Seekers.

Offline Slick1

• LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2006, 10:41:04 AM »
Yeah...I have always been told that I have an old soul...anyway, I love the Soul Seekers music...I love quartet over anything else as well...but they are the hottest quartet out to me right now...but nonetheless, they are doing their thing!!!

Offline BigSid

• LGM Member
    • http://

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2006, 07:32:43 AM »
I see their video on Sunday mornings sometimes on BET.  I didn't know that was Teddy leading on vocals.  They sound good man. They Fred Hammond and some other well known artists sitting on the first row.

Offline Furious Styles

• LGM Member

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2006, 10:07:44 AM »
The soul seekers did impress. They made the quartet style sound fresh again. Their harmonies are tight..

furious
Ignorance is Bliss

Offline Natejam71

• LGM Member
  • Anointed Gospel Musician
    • Anointed Gospel Musician (AGM)

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2006, 10:29:01 AM »
They are about to record their second album.. Eric posted a bulletin on myspace that said that the second album is going to be better than the first...for those who like quartet music.. Stay blessed, nate j.

ES7Mike

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2006, 08:36:26 PM »
I am a big fan of the Soul Seekers work
Pages: [1]   Go Up