LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: More On Devotion  (Read 841 times)

AP Psalmist Jackson

More On Devotion
« on: December 29, 2006, 07:23:42 PM »
Hello once again music people in the Lord Jesus Christ!  I told you there was MORE Word and here it is!

I've been speaking to you about having devotion service BEFORE going before the Lord in what ever your musical endeavor is, what ever time of day:

Psalms 100:2  Serve the LORD with gladness: come before his presence with singing.

I'm sharing personal faith now (I Timothy 4:12).  It depends on what the Lord God wants done when it is music time with Him.  Sometimes He wants me to finish previous songs, intercede for others or just what ever He wills.  One time I sat ready to play and the song of devotion was a previous Prophetic song He'd given me.  Still at other times, it was the playing of a finished song He's given me already.  Just whatever He says that will suffice.  Sometimes it is a hymn (Colossians 3:16). 

One night (I think twice this has happened) that I discerned the "spirit of service" while getting ready to go before Him.  One of the things that I do when it's music time on the keyboard is to totally give Him the time and ask Him to do what only He can do.  I invited Him in on the session last night too.

I've previously shared that what we receive from Him IS rich.  I'm learning that when it comes to a simple song, not that much is needed.  I am saying this that you all understand simple song form.  I'm not talking about the classical music example but just perhaps:

Intro
Verse 1
Chorus
Verse 2
Chorus
Vamp
Chorus (unto ending)

Just something simple like that, nothing complex.  I am learning that is REQUIRES MUCH FAITH to operate as a Prophetic Psalmist and Prophetic Minstrel.  The Lord usually gives me His Words to His songs because the Holy Spirit is the one that knows BEST (I Corinthians 2:11) how to worship God (John 4:24).

Now that we've understood that, I want to speak on idolatry:

Ezekiel 36:26-27  A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Study ALL of Ezekiel 36!

I remember getting up on SUN morning and being full of the Holy Spirit.  I went into the living room where they were showing one of the gospel programs.  Being in the Holy Spirit, I had understanding and perceived by the Spirit rather than my own mind.  I saw people handing out little "awards" to people.  By the Spirit's power, I saw, knew and discerned that this is idolatry.  Yet on the earth, we praise these things.  These things are carnal my friends and we should NOT worship them.  Yes, we can provide all kinds of human justifications for these and saying this and that but it's God that we MUST please.  Do you think He's going to be moved to let us into Heaven based on the number of these idolatrous things we have? 

It is written:

Romans 12:1-2  I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

1 John 2:15-17  Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

We are to NOT be like the world but to denounce AND renounce it's ways.  We shouldn't be praised for our "gospel success" and seeking notoriety and the praise of men:

1 John 5:9  If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater: for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his Son.

Some say that is how to "climb the charts" or get into the "system" of getting your ministry out there and getting around.  Well I speak slowly saints (Ecclesiastes 5:2, James 1:19) on these things saints but only to give you God's Word and NOT my own.  I don't know how God does what He does but I know:

Hebrews 12:14  Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:

Remember, God DOESN'T need these mechanisms and devices to use us.  None of the saints in the Word depended on these things and the ministry of Christ Jesus went on worldwide.  So that is all I'm released to share with us (Hebrews 4:12) right now saints.  As the Lord God gives me more, I'll share more with us. 

STAY Blessed!
Pages: [1]   Go Up