LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Musicians...SAVED or NOT SAVED  (Read 7832 times)

Offline Torch7

• LGM Member
    • Gospel Bass Guitar Lessons Site

Re: Musicians...SAVED or NOT SAVED
« Reply #60 on: January 03, 2007, 02:49:59 PM »
I meant to say:
So I was speaking in regard to HOLY, UNHOLY, being SAVED = HOLY; NOT SAVED = UNHOLY.  I hope this clarifies my position.

Offline Billy Low

• LGM Member

« Reply #61 on: January 03, 2007, 02:59:04 PM »

Ironically entertainment draws numbers and numbers equal dollars.  Dollars equal the ability to build and provide programs or services to the community.  The inherent problem with this is that we begin to rely on carnal means to replicate the works of God. If this trend is allowed to persist the anointing may be totally replaced by skill, ability and sheer entertainment.

I agree in all aspects. This is not just limited to the Music Ministry, but in ALL Ministries. Would that refer to "having a form of Godliness yet denying..." uh, I better quit. ::) 

Offline Billy Low

• LGM Member

« Reply #62 on: January 03, 2007, 03:16:26 PM »
So I wasn't speaking in regard to HOLY, UNHOLY, being SAVED = HOLY; NOT SAVED = UNHOLY.  I hope this clarifies my position.
CLARIFIED! :)

The initial question did not leave room for speculation, in my mind, but if I understood it correctly, my assumption, like I stated earlier, is that the person(s) in question are unapologetically not Christian.  Who enjoy playing in Church, yet have not yielded their lives to Christ.  To those I would say, No you cannot play with my musicians. 

AGREED :)

Professing Christians, is a whole nother story.
AGREED, AND DON'T ME STARTED AGAIN (This was partly my position in my posting)!:)

I am a firm believer that my what is done in secret will eventually be brought to the light, so one can only, hide true motives for so long, and once it came to the light, I would ask the person in position to repent, or lose position.  If it sounds harsh I apologize, but co-signing with someones sin makes me a partaker.

No harshness there! It is what it is! :)

I guess I have a tender spot for this discussion. I have seen too many led astray or misguided by improper use of terminolgy in theology, or by folks leaning unto their own understanding. Not to say that that is the case here! ;D

Offline Torch7

• LGM Member

« Reply #63 on: January 03, 2007, 03:20:57 PM »
Amen...  I have to say that has been one of the most pleasant, discussions with another believer, I have had on the internet.   ;)

Offline Billy Low

• LGM Member

« Reply #64 on: January 03, 2007, 03:35:24 PM »
YES LAWD!!!

This discussion has been a rejuvination of sorts for me!  :)

(A brova is running from his calling...if you know what I mean)

Offline Torch7

• LGM Member

« Reply #65 on: January 03, 2007, 03:59:42 PM »
 :o  I see...

well, if I can offer any advise from a former "runner", stay away from the ocean... folks have been known to end up in the belly of a whale.  And then still had to go do what they were told.

Offline Furious Styles

• LGM Member

« Reply #66 on: January 03, 2007, 04:06:26 PM »
Billy Low and Torch7,

I see the wisdom of God in the both of you. Billy obey the call of God on your life. Torch if the lord opens the door for you to pastor I pray that you aren't sifted into the very things that you are passionate about. Often times pastors cave under the pressure of allowing people to serve in positions that probably shouldn't be serving in them. The other side of the coin could be that the sin hasn't been revealed yet.

God allowed David to be king even after the murder of Uriah. God always knows when to expose and reprove. It is up to the offender to accept the will of God in that situation. Torch we have some of the same beliefs. I indentified with your burdened for wanting to teach the true esscence of the gospel and Godly principles. The question is remaining faithful until God opens those doors..
Ignorance is Bliss

Offline Torch7

• LGM Member

« Reply #67 on: January 03, 2007, 04:20:11 PM »
Thanks Furious.

I am blessed and fortunate, to be a part of a ministry, were my Pastor & Spiritual Father, allows those under his covering, to excercise their giftings, in the body.
I am in no way in a hurry to Pastor, right now my primary focus is to grow closer to Jesus. 

Offline Lamonte 1990

• LGM Member
  • "God is FIRST; then everything else comes after...
    • New Beginning Church of God In Christ

« Reply #68 on: January 03, 2007, 04:48:28 PM »
Now Dont Get Me wrong... Unsaved Players can Really play, But , That's juz talent and u juz know how to play... BUt... When YOure saved, It makes a Whole difference, and He can use you to play stuff You dont even know.

But I'm waitin on how I can play when I get The HOLY GHOST!!! WHew!!!!!

I know It'll be juz GOD there...

Offline Billy Low

• LGM Member

« Reply #69 on: January 03, 2007, 05:40:23 PM »
I see the wisdom of God in the both of you. Billy obey the call of God on your life.

God Bless you! My reasons for running (while not justified)are for a whole different thread! I think I won't be running much longer, I'm running out of breath! :D

God allowed David to be king even after the murder of Uriah. God always knows when to expose and reprove. It is up to the offender to accept the will of God in that situation. Torch we have some of the same beliefs. I indentified with your burdened for wanting to teach the true esscence of the gospel and Godly principles. The question is remaining faithful until God opens those doors..

So elequently stated. You used few words to communicate what I was trying to using a lbunch (see, I aint ready yet)! ;D

Offline laj528

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Preach the word!
    • H.O.P.E. Ministries

« Reply #70 on: January 04, 2007, 12:21:54 AM »

Is there any evidence/reference of Christ speaking in tounges? Was he not filled at the time of his baptism?

Just to start more dialect.

Never says that Jesus was filled…….

And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove , and lighting upon him:
Matt 3:16

Dove was a sign for John the Baptist to know that he (Jesus) was the Messiah. In fact it says that he will baptize with the Holy Ghost not filled. Jesus- God-Holy Ghost all the same.

And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost.
John 1:33

Jesus was the Holy Ghost (spirit of God) manifested in the flesh…..

He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested , that he might destroy the works of the devil.
1 John 3:8

And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
1 Tim 3:16
Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord (Heb12:14)

Offline Andrzej

• LGM Member
  • I've got 5 on it!
    • Kings Church

« Reply #71 on: January 04, 2007, 06:48:11 PM »
Well, the policy at my church is that you can only join the Ministry Team only after serving over 12 months of being a member and the only way you become a member is after baptism.

Offline Torch7

• LGM Member

« Reply #72 on: January 04, 2007, 07:38:27 PM »
Well, the policy at my church is that you can only join the Ministry Team only after serving over 12 months of being a member and the only way you become a member is after baptism.

That's not such a bad policy...  "Lay hands on no man suddenly"

Offline jeremyr

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Callowhill fanatic
    • My Youtube Chanel

« Reply #73 on: January 04, 2007, 07:42:21 PM »

I honstly wish that were the case at myh church. I would think that it would generate more musicians who are DEDICATED and ready to work.

Somebody put me in the key of E#

Offline cordney

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • We will meet again!!!

« Reply #74 on: January 05, 2007, 05:54:11 AM »
I honstly wish that were the case at myh church. I would think that it would generate more musicians who are DEDICATED and ready to work.

As a true musician in the military at a new base, the first day at the church that I attended I was ready to work.  I also was patient because I didn't want to over step my boundries(Apologize if I misspelled anything...been a long day at work.)
‎"It is okay to fail, it is unacceptable to become a failure"

Offline cordney

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • We will meet again!!!

« Reply #75 on: January 05, 2007, 05:55:09 AM »

As a true musician in the military at a new base, the first day at the church that I attended I was ready to work.  I also was patient because I didn't want to over step my boundries(Apologize if I misspelled anything...been a long day at work.)
‎"It is okay to fail, it is unacceptable to become a failure"

Offline godsbassman2000

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #76 on: January 05, 2007, 05:31:11 PM »
Praise him Mr.DJ,

Great questions!

That is a problem if we are fooled by a false spirit…..
The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: Rom 8:16

I believe if we have done all that we can do to be led of God and we make a mistake as soon as we find it out that we have been fooled we should repair the damage and rid the “Achan.”  Joshua 7th chapter. Okay maybe not to the degree that is portrayed in the chapter but I think you know what I am saying.

By the way if we being filled with the Holy Ghost are dependant on the Holy Ghost to guide us how come we get fooled? HummmmmmmmmmmPeace

Could it be that we're human and haven't been perfected yet?  

Stay Blessed

"You can't glorify God and yourself at the same time"

Offline godsbassman2000

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #77 on: January 05, 2007, 05:57:04 PM »
Maybe most of you walked through the church doors with the right heart and mind. Well I didnt, and I thank the Lord to this very day that I did not have to meet man's standard to become a part His God's family. As someone already alluded to, if someone is allowed to be in the presence of those who are"saved" who knows what could or would happen. As long as they are respectful, it's not my position to say who should or should not be allowed to play an instrument in the church. I'm more concerned about who is in the pulpit and other leadership positions in the church.

Aren't we (believers) some of the most opinionated people on the face of the earth?! :)
"You can't glorify God and yourself at the same time"

Offline BassAddict

• LGM Member
    • Myspace

« Reply #78 on: January 06, 2007, 08:17:58 PM »
Well I guess since everybody else chimed in I could say my 2 cent.

First, to address the bulk of this thread on the question of " How do you know when someboday has the Holy Ghost?"

My answer is 2 fold . First you will know them by their fruits like the word says bc it is easy to be a hearer and not doer of the Word.
                             Second, you will know there initial infilling by speaking in other toungues....now I know this is a VERY touchy subject bc no matter what board you go to whenever this subject comes up the thread is about 10 pages long...lol. But its mostly bc a lot of ppl dont understand the situation. You are not saved bc you speak in tounges, you speak in tounges bc your saved. By that you can search the Word front to back a find evidence of this:

Act 2:38
Isa 28:11
Acts 10:45-46  (this answers the question alne bc when you ask "How did they know they were filled with the spirit?" This verse answers that.
and many more that have already been mentioned.

And to clarify what Paul said in 1 Corith 14:19, he didnt mean that speaking in tongues was irrelavant or to no use he was saying that speaking in tongues w/o interpretaion is to edify yourself, which is not bad. But if you are trying to minister to the "church" its better to speak what ppl can understand so that the whole body is edified. Tongues with interpretation is really classified with prophesy and is different than speaking in tongues in prayer with the Lord bc the interpretation edifies the whole body.

And I am not condeming anybody to hell if they dont understand this bc it is not for me to judge. All I can do is pray that you all experience this bc the gift is not just for 1 or 2 but for all of us (Acts 2:39). And I know that it is real bc I have it and have experienced it 1st hand.

But to adress what the thread is really about...

I believe that every one that is involved with the music ministry should be saved bc it is just that, a ministry, so how can you be a minister and not a believer?...
I believe that when a person shows a dedication to the things of God and is ginuine, then they show be ushered in...How long that takes? Is up to God and that person but I dont believe that is right to say that you have to be here x amount of months before participating (talking about new converts) bc taking part in the things of God can be a huge factor in that person developing in the things of God. The key thing to remember is that ultimately, we want to glorify the Lord...lets not make it rocket science...

Acts 4:12

Offline laj528

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Preach the word!
    • H.O.P.E. Ministries

« Reply #79 on: January 07, 2007, 06:39:46 PM »
Posted by: BassAddict 
Insert Quote
Well I guess since everybody else chimed in I could say my 2 cent.

First, to address the bulk of this thread on the question of " How do you know when someboday has the Holy Ghost?"

My answer is 2 fold . First you will know them by their fruits like the word says bc it is easy to be a hearer and not doer of the Word.
                             Second, you will know there initial infilling by speaking in other toungues....now I know this is a VERY touchy subject bc no matter what board you go to whenever this subject comes up the thread is about 10 pages long...lol. But its mostly bc a lot of ppl dont understand the situation. You are not saved bc you speak in tounges, you speak in tounges bc your saved. By that you can search the Word front to back a find evidence of this:

Act 2:38
Isa 28:11
Acts 10:45-46  (this answers the question alne bc when you ask "How did they know they were filled with the spirit?" This verse answers that.
and many more that have already been mentioned.

And to clarify what Paul said in 1 Corith 14:19, he didnt mean that speaking in tongues was irrelavant or to no use he was saying that speaking in tongues w/o interpretaion is to edify yourself, which is not bad. But if you are trying to minister to the "church" its better to speak what ppl can understand so that the whole body is edified. Tongues with interpretation is really classified with prophesy and is different than speaking in tongues in prayer with the Lord bc the interpretation edifies the whole body.

And I am not condeming anybody to hell if they dont understand this bc it is not for me to judge. All I can do is pray that you all experience this bc the gift is not just for 1 or 2 but for all of us (Acts 2:39). And I know that it is real bc I have it and have experienced it 1st hand.

But to adress what the thread is really about...

I believe that every one that is involved with the music ministry should be saved bc it is just that, a ministry, so how can you be a minister and not a believer?...
I believe that when a person shows a dedication to the things of God and is ginuine, then they show be ushered in...How long that takes? Is up to God and that person but I dont believe that is right to say that you have to be here x amount of months before participating (talking about new converts) bc taking part in the things of God can be a huge factor in that person developing in the things of God. The key thing to remember is that ultimately, we want to glorify the Lord...lets not make it rocket science...

Well said!
Marvel not you must be born again......!
Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord (Heb12:14)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up