LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Women Preachers  (Read 1921 times)

Offline playing_4_jesus

• LGM Member

Women Preachers
« on: December 31, 2006, 01:24:27 PM »
So many times today, you hear of women becoming preachers. I have always thought that it was ok for someone to be a pastor of a church as long as God called them. Recently I have joined a new church and our preacher preached on 1 Corinthians 14:34 Let your women keep silent in the churches, for they are not permitted to speak; but they are to be submissive, as the law also says. Now this comes out of the King James Version, but I looked up the same verse in the NIV, Amplified, NKJV, and it basicallt says the same thing. So, my point is why are women preaching, the bibe says that they are to keep silence, what do women preachers have to say about that verse??

Offline dingster1

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • DINGTHING

Re: Women Preachers
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2006, 03:53:19 PM »
Keys, keys, who's got the keys????

Honey do  a search on this subject!!! It's been done ad nauseum on this forum.

Nothing to see here folks move along

Offline THE WOLFMAN

• LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2006, 04:29:47 PM »
ok, a quikie for the newbie.....

Paul was addessing THAT specific church in Corinth with issues with THOSE women.. that was not to apply to the body as a whole.

Offline ABMJ

• LGM Member
  • A. McNair Jr.
    • AMJministries

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2006, 05:40:50 PM »

Paul was addessing THAT specific church in Corinth with issues with THOSE women.. that was not to apply to the body as a whole.

Amen! Look it up! 
IT's ALL ABOUT MINISTRY!

DHSFALCON

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2006, 05:49:30 PM »
Posted by: dingster1 
Keys, keys, who's got the keys???
Honey do  a search on this subject!!! It's been done ad nauseum on this forum

Thats so true

Posted by: THE WOLFMAN 
Insert Quote

Thats not kind of true. but you were right on "Paul was addessing THAT specific church in Corinth with issues with THOSE women"   

but if you say "that was not to apply to the body as a whole' than there are some other things that that was not to apply to the body as a whole'   (thats what im thinking youre saying.     so you are saying when paul was taliking to the romans (1st chaper about homosexual) you are saying that dont apply to us as a hole.

what im trying you have to believe every word of the bible reguardless if you like it or not. you cant please your self, you have to line up with the word. not the word line up with u. u line up with the word, also reguardless of who he was taliking to corith, thess, phill it applies to us to.

DHSFALCON

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2006, 05:50:30 PM »
Posted by: dingster1 
Keys, keys, who's got the keys???
Honey do  a search on this subject!!! It's been done ad nauseum on this forum

Thats so true

Posted by: THE WOLFMAN 
Insert Quote

Thats not kind of true. but you were right on "Paul was addessing THAT specific church in Corinth with issues with THOSE women"   

but if you say "that was not to apply to the body as a whole' than there are some other things that that was not to apply to the body as a whole'   (thats what im thinking youre saying.     so you are saying when paul was taliking to the romans (1st chaper about homosexual) you are saying that dont apply to us as a hole.

what im trying you have to believe every word of the bible reguardless if you like it or not. you cant please your self, you have to line up with the word. not the word line up with u. u line up with the word, also reguardless of who he was taliking to corith, thess, phill it applies to us to.

If you have the holyghost

DHSFALCON

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2006, 05:52:15 PM »
my bad

If you have the holy ghost it should be leading you in the truth.

You got to believe Genesis to Revelation
but follow Matthew to Revelation

some one give me some more on above

Offline SisterT

• Senior Moderator
  • LGM Member
  • New Look, Still Divalicious!
    • Earnest and Roline Ministries

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2006, 08:29:32 PM »
Give the newbie a break. He wasn't here when we discussed this.

I am in agreement with Wolfman. As Wolfman stated, you gotta read the scripture in it’s CONTEXT. Do a little background digging and discovered why was the passage written.

If  Paul meant for women to be silent in the church (no teaching preaching, etc.), then why would just a few chapters earlier in I Corn 11:14 would he say ‘And every woman who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonors her head.” Hmmmm….sounds like a woman can SPEAK if he is giving instructions to the woman speaker.

In fact- you don’t have to look that far back, only 7 verses earlier Paul says (Vs 26):
 “when you all come together everyone has a word, hymn etc”  - why doesn’t he just add, there “except for the women!” Word, hyms, requires a VOICE.

The Greek word translated “speak” means chatter or interrupt. You gotta understand Jewish traditions and customs. The men would sit on one side of the church and the women would sit on the other side. Paul is forbidding women from calling out to their husbands on the other side of the church

Offline vtguy84

• LGM Member
    • Get Covered 4 Life

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2007, 12:09:49 AM »

I am in agreement with Wolfman. As Wolfman stated, you gotta read the scripture in it’s CONTEXT. Do a little background digging and discovered why was the passage written.

If  Paul meant for women to be silent in the church (no teaching preaching, etc.), then why would just a few chapters earlier in I Corn 11:14 would he say ‘And every woman who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonors her head.” Hmmmm….sounds like a woman can SPEAK if he is giving instructions to the woman speaker.

In fact- you don’t have to look that far back, only 7 verses earlier Paul says (Vs 26):
 “when you all come together everyone has a word, hymn etc”  - why doesn’t he just add, there “except for the women!” Word, hyms, requires a VOICE.

The Greek word translated “speak” means chatter or interrupt. You gotta understand Jewish traditions and customs. The men would sit on one side of the church and the women would sit on the other side. Paul is forbidding women from calling out to their husbands on the other side of the church

This is good.
www.GetCovered4Life.com (Mortgage Protection, Final Expense, Tax Free Retirement)

Offline THE WOLFMAN

• LGM Member

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2007, 10:47:07 AM »

YEEESSSSSSSSS.......

And when trying to make ManLaws.... :D :D :D
(ok, so i can't leave it alone...)

Offline lumbebear1

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • A Merry Heart makes Good Medicine

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2007, 12:04:04 PM »

Preach Woman of God

Offline nessalynn77

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Inspirational Contemplation

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2007, 03:49:29 PM »
SisterT summed that up nicely. 

Offline Prophetic Remnant

• LGM Member
  • "Touch not THIS anointed one...so STOP HATING"
    • PlayGospelKeys

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2007, 01:07:49 AM »
Well...

Offline Annionted_1

• LGM Member

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2007, 08:01:34 AM »
Thats Right! Paul was addressing the Corinth Church, NOT THE WHOLE BODY!  I have heard several women Preachers and they're awesome!! You gotta know the word for yourself! Theres somethings that i heard Preached and I didn't agree with and this i dont!
Jesus Is Lord!!

Offline Annionted_1

• LGM Member

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2007, 08:03:48 AM »

Jesus Is Lord!!

Offline ferrente

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • The Lord Can Do All Things!

« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2007, 10:48:01 PM »
Welcome, To LGM   Annionted_1
Trust in the Lord and do good so shalt thou dwell in the land and verily thou shalt be fed.

Offline ferrente

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2007, 10:48:57 PM »
Welcome, To LGM   playing_4_jesus

Trust in the Lord and do good so shalt thou dwell in the land and verily thou shalt be fed.

Offline ferrente

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2007, 10:57:30 PM »
Don't worry about the women Preachers. Just remember the LORD GOD knows who he calls to Preach his Holy word Man or Woman.

Any one who is not called to preach and is preaching the word of God and not living right the Lord will deal with them.

Pages: [1]   Go Up