LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Somebody, please help!  (Read 2078 times)

Offline Amira

• LGM Member

Somebody, please help!
« on: January 03, 2007, 10:21:52 PM »
why do some choir members take a nonchalant, "i'll get- there -when- I -get- there'   approach to getting to choir rehearsals, AND SUnday morning services on time? It drives me crazy!! I'm musician for my church, and if i was late, these same people would have a fit! If they were getting ready for some 'hype party,' or some performing artist coming into town, they'd start getting ready about 4-5 hours before the event> why do people put God on the back burner when it come to being on time? Somebody, hekp me? What are your soultions??  amira

Offline ABMJ

• LGM Member
  • A. McNair Jr.
    • AMJministries

Re: Somebody, please help!
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2007, 10:52:19 PM »
They don't understand that... "IT IS ALL ABOUT MINISTRY!"
IT's ALL ABOUT MINISTRY!

Offline ABMJ

• LGM Member
  • A. McNair Jr.
    • AMJministries

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2007, 10:53:10 PM »
They don't understand that... "IT IS ALL ABOUT MINISTRY!"

Small-Minded People!
IT's ALL ABOUT MINISTRY!

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2007, 06:40:04 AM »
why do some choir members take a nonchalant, "i'll get- there -when- I -get- there'   approach to getting to choir rehearsals, AND SUnday morning services on time? It drives me crazy!! I'm musician for my church, and if i was late, these same people would have a fit! If they were getting ready for some 'hype party,' or some performing artist coming into town, they'd start getting ready about 4-5 hours before the event> why do people put God on the back burner when it come to being on time? Somebody, hekp me? What are your soultions??  amira

Solutions:

1. Start rehearsal regardless of who is there. If it's only you, then oh well, they'll be singing old stuff until they get the hint.
2. If you're the MOM, sit folks. Period. Draw up some by-laws that address these types of issues.

Other folk are going to tell you to pray, and I don't disagree; but the Bible says that faith WITHOUT WORKS is dead. I'm just trying to give you some 'works'  ;) :D

Be Blessed.
Despite our communication technology, no invention is as effective as the sound of the human voice.

Offline MrSparrow

• LGM Member

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2007, 07:34:28 AM »
SJon,

You took the words right out of my mouth...

I'll be back with something called Are You Called or Are You A Volunteer? later...

I suggest you print several of them and talk with your choir about that... This is the way I suggest you do it though...

Wait until you're right in the middle of your rehearsal, and tell them... Before we go over our last song for Sunday I want to talk about whether you're called to this ministry or if you're just here because for other reasons

Then bust out the list I'm going to post in here for you on them ...

MrSparrow

Offline MrSparrow

• LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2007, 07:37:26 AM »
For those that can't wait for that list,

I can't get to it on my job (FIREWALL) but I can direct you to the MB where I posted it...

It's at a Tye Tribbett forum I frequent...

The address is www.z13.invisionfree.com/tyemb2

Look in the general topics section and the thread is called Seminars4Worship. I have several things that I'll just copy and paste over here for discussion...

Be blessed,

MrSparrow

Offline nessalynn77

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Inspirational Contemplation

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2007, 11:34:25 AM »
This is helpful you guys.  MrSparrow, I probably can't read it either because our computers at work are kind of like yours, but I am definitely interested in this info for our ministry as well.  (Shoot, I might need it for my Sunday School Staff Meeting)

Offline MrSparrow

• LGM Member

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2007, 02:16:04 PM »
This is helpful you guys.  MrSparrow, I probably can't read it either because our computers at work are kind of like yours, but I am definitely interested in this info for our ministry as well.  (Shoot, I might need it for my Sunday School Staff Meeting)

Check back later tonight...

MrSparrow

Offline lumbebear1

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • A Merry Heart makes Good Medicine

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2007, 02:57:32 PM »
Welcome to LGM and to "Church Folk"

Offline MrSparrow

• LGM Member

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2007, 04:54:15 PM »
As promised...

Here's the list of Called vs. Volunteers...

It sounds like you have a bunch of volunteers Amira...

Drop this knowledge on em...

Volunteers*                                                    Called**

view themselves doing community service*   Ministry **
whine about time*                                    Committed to serve**
Avoid conflict*                                          Resolve conflict**
Obligated to committment*                        Look forward to being used**
Little outside preparation*                          Prepared**
Don't like criticism*                                    Grateful for feedback**
Threatened by others talents*                    Praise God for the talents of others**
Quit easily*                                               Dig in and persevere**
Feel fulfilled by their talents*                       Fulfilled by being used by God**
Don't like to be stretched*                         Looks to grow**
Volunteers CHOOSE TO SERVE*                  HAVE NO OTHER CHOICE**

MrSparrow

Offline teitei636

• LGM Member
  • Free2BMe

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2007, 05:41:57 PM »
As promised...

Here's the list of Called vs. Volunteers...

It sounds like you have a bunch of volunteers Amira...

Drop this knowledge on em...

Volunteers*                                                    Called**

view themselves doing community service*   Ministry **
whine about time*                                    Committed to serve**
Avoid conflict*                                          Resolve conflict**
Obligated to committment*                        Look forward to being used**
Little outside preparation*                          Prepared**
Don't like criticism*                                    Grateful for feedback**
Threatened by others talents*                    Praise God for the talents of others**
Quit easily*                                               Dig in and persevere**
Feel fulfilled by their talents*                       Fulfilled by being used by God**
Don't like to be stretched*                         Looks to grow**
Volunteers CHOOSE TO SERVE*                  HAVE NO OTHER CHOICE**

MrSparrow

That's Good! Thanks for sharing...that is man...that's good!!!!! (in my talking back to the preacher voice!)
Wife. Mother. Minister. Friend of God

Offline ferrente

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • The Lord Can Do All Things!

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2007, 10:59:32 PM »
Welcome, To LGM   Amira
Trust in the Lord and do good so shalt thou dwell in the land and verily thou shalt be fed.

Offline saxandkeys

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • "You ain't gotta go nowhere...I gotchu!"

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2007, 08:34:46 AM »

I feel ya.....and then, with a straight face, tell you that they wanna learn some new music?????   

Sometimes non-musicians just don't understand the amount of time we spend PREPARING for REHEARSAL!!!!  I think they believe that we just walk in the church and play off the top of our heads.
I'd rather be imperfectly inspired, than to be perfectly entertained...

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2007, 10:47:44 AM »
I feel ya.....and then, with a straight face, tell you that they wanna learn some new music?????   

Sometimes non-musicians just don't understand the amount of time we spend PREPARING for REHEARSAL!!!!  I think they believe that we just walk in the church and play off the top of our heads.

That's when they get the straight-faced, "When you come to rehearsal on time."  ;)
Despite our communication technology, no invention is as effective as the sound of the human voice.
Pages: [1]   Go Up