LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can anyone can give me the basic fast devotional music  (Read 4015 times)

Offline jjjoe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • http://

Can anyone can give me the basic fast devotional music
« on: July 28, 2003, 04:19:55 PM »
Can anyone can help me by giving me the basic fast devotional music for songs like I'm a soldiers, If you call on Jesus, such as these also can anyone can give me the Basic Shouting chords because I want to help my church because I want to be a blessing to my church  thank you and god bless.

Offline aljeres

• LGM Member
  • IT'S ALL THAT MATTERS......
    • www.algieres.com

JUST A THOUGHT........
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2003, 04:40:40 PM »
every since i have been a musician of my church i have been dedicated to my craft...............i love it....and if you were to see my routine for playing and learning you would be shocked..........all im saying is.........if you really want to be a blessing to your church..you start asking how to build chords..........or how to learn how to play........this really not the way!!!!!but we're are here for you no matter what...........i just thought i'd share that with you.........thats if you really beleived you were learning how to play by this method of asking for answers........we are here to teach as well.....why not ask.......thats why we are really here.........gieres!!!!!!!
gieres.....

god is greatly to be praised!!!!!!!!!

Offline jjjoe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2003, 09:19:47 PM »
If You can can you teach me how to play and show me how to build chords for fast and slow gospel music Because I want to learn how to play fast and slow gospel like Kirk franklin and such. Thank you

Offline Long Fingers

• LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2003, 08:21:06 AM »
Quote from: jjjoe
If You can can you teach me how to play and show me how to build chords for fast and slow gospel music Because I want to learn how to play fast and slow gospel like Kirk franklin and such. Thank you

The first place to start is to learn your major scales in all 12 keys, because this is where your chords are formed, from the scales. Then once you you learn and understand your scales, then you can learn to form triads (chords that have three notes...although most beginners start out learning how to play songs with one note at a time before going to chords). You can check out the lessons on what they are and how to utilize the scales and chords in the lessons/music theory section (under the main menu to the left...you can also search for additional information on inversions online).

So after you learn, understand, and master those fundamentals, you can move on to learning about chord inversions, sevenths, ninths, elevenths, thirteenths, and altered chords. After that, you can tackle other scales and voicing. Voicing is what makes your playing sound full. You can acheive that many ways, a few are drop two voicing, third and seventh voicing, root and fifth voicing, quartal voicing, polychords (polychords because you're playing more than one chord as the name implies or as Hammondman refers to it superimposed chords...same thing), and the list goes on and on.

All this information can be found on this site, search through all of the lessons and theories here. Then you can expand your search to the internet and find more sites by using a search engine and find more sites that have this information. Also try to invest in some theory books, progression (jazz) books, and chord books, those will really be a big help to you as well. You can find many of these books at a music store in your area. If you can't find a store near you, start your search at Mel Bay Publishing ( http://www.melbay.com ) they have great books and many of them are in music stores.

Remember, once you learn and understand the fundamentals/basics, scales and chords, you can build from there...your altered, seventh chords, and so on. Hope that this all helps you in some way. Don't give up, keep at it, remember we've all been there at some point...you can do it.

Offline jjjoe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2003, 03:29:29 PM »
What to do If my fingers are too long to reach to the keys because its hard to do it also how to build my speed on the keyboard.

Offline B3Wannabe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2003, 04:35:25 PM »
Too long?

I've heard of too short, but not too long. If you play like you're praying for the piano, then curl your fingers. That should solve the too-long problem then.

To build speed, start by playing the first 5 steps in the major scale. Once your fingers are comfortable with this, then move up to playing full scales. For some people, playing full scales from the start takes longer to understand, so I usually recommend doing it this way. Do this for at LEAST 10-15 minutes straight per day; however, you'll see results sooner with longer practice times.

Fast music involves a lot of finger dexterity and a little theory, get the dexterity down, then learn the theory. You don't need to know all the circles, voicings, and arpeggios right now.

Offline jjjoe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2003, 03:31:43 PM »
What Scales do I need to start with first and also how to play by ear because alot of people talk about playing by ear so can you tell me how to play by ear. Thank you

Offline Long Fingers

• LGM Member

Hope this helps you out
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2003, 06:54:54 AM »
What Scales do I need to start with first and also how to play by ear because alot of people talk about playing by ear so can you tell me how to play by ear. Thank you

Well jjjoe, I answered your question about what scales to learn:

Quote from: long fingers
The first place to start is to learn your major scales in all 12 keys, because this is where your chords are formed, from the scales. Then once you you learn and understand your scales, then you can learn to form triads (chords that have three notes...although most beginners start out learning how to play songs with one note at a time before going to chords). You can check out the lessons on what they are and how to utilize the scales and chords in the lessons/music theory section (under the main menu to the left...you can also search for additional information on inversions online).

Now to your question about learning how to play by ear, there's no right or wrong, or special way to learn to do this. Here's what alot of people do though, the first thing to do is go somewhere quiet or get some headphones, play you cd or tape over and over just focusing in what's being played and sung.

After you do this, try playing the melody note you hear (majority of the times it's the soprano note, but the altos or tenors can also carry the melody...depends on the song and also how you choose to voice to make your choir's voices more comfortable), once you have that you can figure out the other voices or notes that go with the melody note (a hint, usually the it will end up being a major, minor, or suspended chord..that makes up the voices)

Many times if you listen to the bass note, you can figure out the chord that's being played in the right hand from there. What helps me from time to time, especially if it's a hard chord, I'll chord that chord out one note at a time by humming the note I hear being played and play it, then move on to the next note I hear until I have the whole chord that's being played.

Once you do this, it'll be easier for you later to pick out / play songs you hear by ear...you'll sit down at your instrument and bam, you'll start playing a part of the song you've heard by ear. Just use the information on this site, other sites you come across, or purchase theory and chord books, so that will help you learn. Don't give up and take it slow, take your time and learn and practice these things. The most effective amount of practice is if you practice  or more hours every day and also be prayerful to God about it.

Let us know how it's going

Offline jjjoe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2003, 09:53:04 PM »
Can I still write to you anytime if I need any advise

Offline jjjoe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2003, 09:55:19 PM »
Can I still write to you anytime I need Advise on the Keyboard. Thankyou

Offline Long Fingers

• LGM Member

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2003, 04:51:28 AM »
Can I still write to you anytime I need Advise on the Keyboard. Thankyou

Sure you  can, not only me, but anyone else on here that you think will help you. Just click on the private message buttom and write if you need anything.
Pages: [1]   Go Up