LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: String Spacing question for those with high end instruments!  (Read 8476 times)

Offline DWBass

• LGM Member
  • Make A Joyful Noise!

Re: String Spacing question for those with high end instruments!
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2007, 06:19:37 PM »
honestly 19mm isn't that bad.

I believe that my schecter stilleto studio 5 has 16.5 or 17mm spacing and at first switching to the BTB with the 19mm spacing threw me off, but within a day I was back to my normal groove.  It hasn't slowed me down and it actaully allows for cleaner slapping.
I hear ya. I went there with a Yamaha TRB1005 which is 18mm or 19mm and it just cramped my hands to no end! I've been playing 34" scale neck/narrow string spaced instruments for 30+ years now and I've just decided to stick with what is comfortable for me. The Peavey I just bought is perfect. I just want the same thing in a high end instrument.
"Never Leave Home Without Your Groove On" :)

Offline B3Wannabe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2007, 06:36:29 PM »
The string spacing on my 8 is very close. I would dare say about "15", but I haven't measured it. I know it's a lot closer than my 5 string was, and about two times as less space as my Warwick 4-string Thumb Bass. I like the close spacing better. I think I have skinny fingers anyway, so getting in between the strings isn't a problem.

Offline jeremyr

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Callowhill fanatic
    • My Youtube Chanel

« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2007, 11:13:44 AM »
I think I have skinny fingers anyway, so getting in between the strings isn't a problem.

Just wait 20 years. Then you'll have what i call "uncle fingers"  You know all your uncles have those fingers that look like their the size of a bratwurst sausage.
Somebody put me in the key of E#

Offline B3Wannabe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2007, 11:52:53 AM »
LOL

That's funny. I don't understand how some of yall can move those fat fingers so fast! It would seem to me that just doing so would cause them to lose weight! BUT NO! Some of yall probably have fingers that are like the thickness of two of mine! Nasty! I think those types of hands are made for slapping.

Offline Andrzej

• LGM Member
  • I've got 5 on it!
    • Kings Church

« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2007, 09:35:20 AM »
Just wait 20 years. Then you'll have what i call "uncle fingers"  You know all your uncles have those fingers that look like their the size of a bratwurst sausage.

LOL!!   :D
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up