LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dancers for Praise and Worship...  (Read 7370 times)

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

Re: Dancers for Praise and Worship...
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2007, 08:00:36 AM »
You don't think other churches have liturgical dancers during Praise and Worship or you don't think other churches don't have the communication issues I'm having...

MrSparrow

Sorry, I misunderstood your post. I meant the different leaders/lack of communication thing.
Despite our communication technology, no invention is as effective as the sound of the human voice.

Offline 2tight

• LGM Member

« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2007, 08:04:36 AM »
There are a few problems. I've suggested that they rehearse at the same time but they don't want to do that.

Then, that's not your issue that's theirs and they should handle that.

I've been teaching choirs/praise teams for YEARS and a lot of the times I not only don't know who sings the song but I don't know where to buy it again. If I do know who sings the song, I shouldn't have to go into my pocket and purchase the whole album for one song. I guess I could tell my Pastor that if they want music, they need to put money in my budget to buy music or money in my budget to download songs as needed.

You should start a list or a catalog of the songs that you have done. This way when someone asks, or you need the info, you'll have it.  ;)

I guess I could go to itunes.com but I'm not going to pay for that either.

No, YOU don't HAVE to, but as the MOM AND a minister of the gospel, you may want to. Or, make the suggestion to the leader of the dance ministry.

The dance director wants the songs and the cds with the songs the Monday before the Sunday they serve. I don't feel like I should have to do all of that running around especially since there is no gaurantee that they will have "time" to put movement to the songs. There have been several times in the past that I did get a CD with music to them only to be told the morning of service that they ARE NOT going to do it...

Get over how you feel about it; God will bless you because of your sacrifice. And, when the dance ministry isn't ready to minister, THEN you can find out why, because they'll have no excuses.

This is about getting God's work done. As a result, we must be willing to go the extra mile when we are in leadership positions. Sometimes, that means coming out of our own pockets (but, I'd see if the church could foot the bill); sometimes, it means giving folks no room for excuses or complaints. 

Feel me?    ;)

MrSparrow

I agree with u.
Shannon moore

Offline diverse379

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Players Govern Players Spectators Form Opinions

« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2007, 08:22:34 AM »
YES JJONATHON YOU ARE  definitely growing in wisdom and compassion it must be the new woman in your life softening those rough edges you were sticking us with the past year.

keep ut with the sagely advice.

it is very much appreciated and a pleasure to read your words.
To be or not to be that is the question you anwer when you pray practice and read your word

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2007, 08:44:34 AM »
YES JONATHON YOU ARE  definitely growing in wisdom and compassion it must be the new woman in your life softening those rough edges you were sticking us with the past year.

keep ut with the sagely advice.

it is very much appreciated and a pleasure to read your words.

You're probably right about that. LOOK AT GOD!!!!!  ;D :D ;D

Much appreciated, Diverse.
Despite our communication technology, no invention is as effective as the sound of the human voice.

uniquepraise

« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2007, 09:23:23 AM »
He that findeth a wife findeth a good thing!  WE's a good thing boo! lol ;D

Offline KurzLand

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2007, 01:55:46 PM »
I don't like it when a dance team dances because the people are just there standing and watching and not praising God. So if I had a choice for a dance team to dance I wouldn't let them, and besides they are distracting.
"Experience is not what happens to a man; it is what a man does with what happens to him." -A.Huxley

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2007, 04:12:56 PM »
I don't like it when a dance team dances because the people are just there standing and watching and not praising God. So if I had a choice for a dance team to dance I wouldn't let them, and besides they are distracting.

Offline diverse379

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2007, 02:05:36 AM »
[size=10pt] ::)[/size]
To be or not to be that is the question you anwer when you pray practice and read your word

Offline MrSparrow

• LGM Member

« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2007, 10:14:20 AM »
Hey guys,

I just wanted to thank you again for your advice.

This is what I came up with. I tell the dance director ahead of time the songs we're going to sing and she goes to www.itunes.com ($.99) or www.walmart.com (much cheaper at $.88) and downloads the song. That way she has a library of songs and she can burn her own copies etc...

I will get the names of the songs and the artists and they take it from there.

I went out of my way last week and made a CD of the songs so the kids could dance to praise and worship. I put the CD in the mailbox of the dance director. I didn't get a phone call saying that there were any problems. I assume everything was OK. I realized that I didn't tell them the order of the songs and then I noticed they never did ask me either. So I went online and checked my school email acount to find out that late Friday afternoon (after I left the school) the Drama and Arts person said that the CD didn't work and they weren't going to dance.

Since I saw that they weren't going to dance I changed the song selection altogether.

We still have issues and I still need your prayers but I will be meeting with my Pastor tomorrow and possibly the drama and arts director so we will finally get this mess settled.

Keep praying saints,

MrSparrow

Offline diverse379

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2007, 10:34:18 AM »
the fact of the matter that you are making moves to accomodate

a quick n ot with the cd would be an even bigger gesture
something like here are the songs we are doing if you have any questions dont hesitate to email me

this way you let her know you res-pect her as a fellow proffessional and she will feel that too and it will be a big factor in overcoming past disgruntled feelings

i am proud of you bro
i pray you success and even if you dont get it
well your consious is clear because you have truly risen above the drama bro

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2007, 11:01:33 AM »
Hey guys,

I just wanted to thank you again for your advice.

This is what I came up with. I tell the dance director ahead of time the songs we're going to sing and she goes to www.itunes.com ($.99) or www.walmart.com (much cheaper at $.88) and downloads the song. That way she has a library of songs and she can burn her own copies etc...

I will get the names of the songs and the artists and they take it from there.

I went out of my way last week and made a CD of the songs so the kids could dance to praise and worship. I put the CD in the mailbox of the dance director. I didn't get a phone call saying that there were any problems. I assume everything was OK. I realized that I didn't tell them the order of the songs and then I noticed they never did ask me either. So I went online and checked my school email acount to find out that late Friday afternoon (after I left the school) the Drama and Arts person said that the CD didn't work and they weren't going to dance.

Since I saw that they weren't going to dance I changed the song selection altogether.

We still have issues and I still need your prayers but I will be meeting with my Pastor tomorrow and possibly the drama and arts director so we will finally get this mess settled.

Keep praying saints,

MrSparrow

To echo Diverse, well done, bruh; well done! You went out of your way, you're going to be blessed for it. Trust me.  ;)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up