LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Connect the Sermon: "Word" Play  (Read 608 times)

iamworship2006

Connect the Sermon: "Word" Play
« on: January 12, 2007, 03:28:02 PM »
Ok the object is to come up with a Sermon topic and scripture that relates or ties into the previous topic or scripture.. Again the Topic.....OR...Scripture text.

I'll Begin

" Who, What, When "

Who [is] this King of glory? The LORD strong and mighty, the LORD mighty in battle.

Psa 8:4  What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?

Psa 8:5  For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour.

Psa 8:6  Thou madest him to have dominion over the works of thy hands; thou hast put all [things] under his feet:

Isa 43:2  When thou passest through the waters, I [will be] with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.

Offline SisterT

• Senior Moderator
  • LGM Member
  • New Look, Still Divalicious!
    • Earnest and Roline Ministries

Re: Connect the Sermon: "Word" Play
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2007, 03:45:26 PM »
Hope I understood correctly:

Who's your Daddy?
Romans 8:12-17

12Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.

13For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

14For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

15For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

16The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

17And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

Offline catty

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2007, 05:23:20 PM »
Would you please pass the salt!

Matt 5
Ye are the salt of the earth.  But if the salt has lost its savor wherewith shall it be salted?  It is thenceforth good for nothing but to be trodden under foot of men

Mark 10:50
Salt is good: but if the salt have lost his saltness, wherewith will ye season it?  Have salt in yourselves, and have peace one with another.
"God, My Family, and Music is my life!

iamworship2006

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2007, 12:04:16 PM »
Hope I understood correctly:

Who's your Daddy?
Romans 8:12-17

12Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.

13For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

14For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

15For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

16The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

17And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

"Can I get a Witness"

uniquepraise

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2007, 12:16:33 PM »
"Can I get a Witness"

WHAT TYPE OF WITNESS ARE YOU?

Exodus 23:1 
Thou shalt not raise a false report: put not thine hand with the wicked to be an unrighteous witness.

Matt 15:19
For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:

Offline SisterT

• Senior Moderator
  • LGM Member
  • New Look, Still Divalicious!
    • Earnest and Roline Ministries

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2007, 12:59:53 PM »
WHAT TYPE OF WITNESS ARE YOU?

Exodus 23:1 
Thou shalt not raise a false report: put not thine hand with the wicked to be an unrighteous witness.

Matt 15:19
For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:

What Will You Regurgitate

Matthew 15:17-20

17Do not ye yet understand, that whatsoever entereth in at the mouth goeth into the belly, and is cast out into the draught?

18But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.

19For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:

20These are the things which defile a man: but to eat with unwashen hands defileth not a man.

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2007, 01:14:37 PM »
I'm not sure that I understand the task at hand, but I'll give it shot:

God's WILL is what I want

1 Thessalonians 4

1 Finally, brothers, we instructed you how to live in order to please God, as in fact you are living. Now we ask you and urge you in the Lord Jesus to do this more and more.

2 For you know what instructions we gave you by the authority of the Lord Jesus.

3 It is God's will that you should be sanctified: that you should avoid sexual immorality;

4 that each of you should learn to control his own body in a way that is holy and honorable,

5 not in passionate lust like the heathen, who do not know God;

6 and that in this matter no one should wrong his brother or take advantage of him. The Lord will punish men for all such sins, as we have already told you and warned you.

7 For God did not call us to be impure, but to live a holy life.

8 Therefore, he who rejects this instruction does not reject man but God, who gives you his Holy Spirit.
Despite our communication technology, no invention is as effective as the sound of the human voice.

Offline LyricTenor

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Not ONE Muslim joke!! >:-(

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2007, 01:23:06 PM »
I'm still trying to wrap my mind around this one as well man.

iamworship2006

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2007, 01:39:27 PM »
I'm still trying to wrap my mind around this one as well man.

Alright. So a person gives a "topic" and a "supporting scripture(s). You simply build your own sermon or topic either using their scripture or Key word in their sermon topic.

Offline LyricTenor

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Not ONE Muslim joke!! >:-(

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2007, 01:54:20 PM »

Alright. So a person gives a "topic" and a "supporting scripture(s). You simply build your own sermon or topic either using their scripture or Key word in their sermon topic.

Ok. Thx for the clarification.

uniquepraise

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2007, 10:14:17 PM »
I'm not sure that I understand the task at hand, but I'll give it shot:

God's WILL is what I want

1 Thessalonians 4

1 Finally, brothers, we instructed you how to live in order to please God, as in fact you are living. Now we ask you and urge you in the Lord Jesus to do this more and more.

2 For you know what instructions we gave you by the authority of the Lord Jesus.

3 It is God's will that you should be sanctified: that you should avoid sexual immorality;

4 that each of you should learn to control his own body in a way that is holy and honorable,

5 not in passionate lust like the heathen, who do not know God;

6 and that in this matter no one should wrong his brother or take advantage of him. The Lord will punish men for all such sins, as we have already told you and warned you.

7 For God did not call us to be impure, but to live a holy life.

8 Therefore, he who rejects this instruction does not reject man but God, who gives you his Holy Spirit.

I GIVE UP MY WILL!

Psalm 143:10 -Teach me to do thy will; for thou art my God: thy spirit is good; lead me into the land of uprightness.

Psalm 40:8-I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart.

Luke 22:42 Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done

uniquepraise

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2007, 08:30:50 PM »
Come on people Im ready to post another! ;D

uniquepraise

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2007, 10:28:53 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up