LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Greg Hannon  (Read 918 times)

Offline Bweezle

• LGM Member

Greg Hannon
« on: June 06, 2007, 01:51:09 PM »
Has anyone ordered any of greg hannon's dvd's? if so please tell me what you think of them. Please be honest if they really helped. I got jermaine grigges and they really helped me I need to get back to them however I still feel like I am missing something and then I have gotten some but they are way over my head therefore a waiste of my money cause I haven't a clue as to what they are talking about. Jermaine was slow enough and well broken down that I learned about 7 - 3- 6- 2- 5- 1 and several other progressions and how to apply the to songs. But I am confused how to take it out the box and learn other songs by ear.

Find the baseline right?
Find the melody?
Find the chords?
In that order? I try but I have a problem figuring out the baseline so I sometimes listen for progressions can anyone help me. I want to learn to fish!!

Offline minofmusic

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • The annointing makes the difference!
    • Hill Top Productions, Inc.

Re: Greg Hannon
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2007, 11:16:58 AM »
I have Greg Hanon's Lessons 1 and 2 '

he shows you how to play particular songs and he shows you note for note what he playing, but he doesnt show you how to fine tune your ear. to hear the notes.

the formula that you use is the same thing i use for finding out how to play a song, sometimes when i play the CD in my car i can hear the bass line better

Jermaine's DVD's are good too,
May The Work I've Done Speak for Me.

Offline csedwards2

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Find me on the book

Re: Greg Hannon
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2007, 12:44:52 AM »
I got the whole collection, and each lesson 1-16 is different songs. But to make it really effective, Hanon breaks down the most important changes in the songs as a mini-progression, and asks that you learn it in all keys. Once you learn the mini progression in all keys, you'll start hearing songs with that particualr progression in there, and easily be able to thrwo it in, because you already know it. Then its easy to also spice up your arrangements, with these progressions to, because you can hear where it would fit in other songs. That minor ii-v progression opened my ears up so much. I would always miss that change in picking up a song, now I got it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up