LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JoJo Mayer  (Read 577 times)

Offline jtoomer

• LGM Member

JoJo Mayer
« on: January 24, 2007, 09:29:38 PM »
He is one of my favorite drummers, and he has an amazing foot.  Check out this German phenomenon, this will be knew to people who aren't on drummerworld alot

http://drummerworld.com/Videos/jojomayerbasss.html
Praise HIM with The LOUD Cymbals... LOUD!

JFunky

Re: JoJo Mayer
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2007, 09:36:40 PM »
...old clip chief.  We covered that many moons ago but it's cool to be reminded. 

...JoJo is a drum Wizard.  Drummers need to learn from him and his work ethic.

Offline edough

• LGM Member
  • philly !

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2007, 09:46:12 AM »
He is one of my favorite drummers, and he has an amazing foot.  Check out this German phenomenon, this will be knew to people who aren't on drummerworld alot

http://drummerworld.com/Videos/jojomayerbasss.html

one of my favorites as well..
ancient German foot technique... hard work!!
"For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain".

ManOnAMission

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2007, 09:56:38 AM »
...old clip chief.  We covered that many moons ago but it's cool to be reminded. 

...JoJo is a drum Wizard.  Drummers need to learn from him and his work ethic.

You know, J - I think what people need to learn more than anything, is not to forget about MUSIC while on their quest for technical "mastery". To be frank, most really technical players leave me with a very cold feeling. I'm impressed with their chops, and deeply respect their dedication to their craft's, but listening to them is often tedious. I think the aquisition of great skill can be detrimental to a musician, if they aren't mindful...

Meaning?

It's difficult for many musicians to not show-off their skills, once they've put in all the study and work. In my opinion, the ego get's in the way, and they feel the need to prove that they're highly skilled at all times; hence coming off as sounding too rehearsed. The mentally becomes "If you got it, flaunt it"...

This is not my way of saying that people shouldn't focus on improving technically. However, it should not be a means to it's own end...

Offline drummerforgod

• LGM Member

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2007, 10:12:08 AM »
Actually he is from switzerland!!!!
More people know him in the US than in Germany lol:)
BUt Check out Benny Greb (on drummerworld). He is german;)
GB
dfg
Stay in the Pocket of GOD!

Offline buzz95

• LGM Member
  • What company will BBD go to next? Stay tuned.

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2007, 10:34:24 AM »
You know, J - I think what people need to learn more than anything, is not to forget about MUSIC while on their quest for technical "mastery". To be frank, most really technical players leave me with a very cold feeling. I'm impressed with their chops, and deeply respect their dedication to their craft's, but listening to them is often tedious. I think the aquisition of great skill can be detrimental to a musician, if they aren't mindful...

Meaning?

It's difficult for many musicians to not show-off their skills, once they've put in all the study and work. In my opinion, the ego get's in the way, and they feel the need to prove that they're highly skilled at all times; hence coming off as sounding too rehearsed. The mentally becomes "If you got it, flaunt it"...

This is not my way of saying that people shouldn't focus on improving technically. However, it should not be a means to it's own end...

Agreed; it should be a careful mixture of technical mastery/wizardry (can I say that word on a Christian website? *lol*) and high degree of musical application. 
"I paid nothing, I got mine for free!!!!!" - bigblackdrummer on big up-in' his cheap endorsements.

Offline Hotsticks1

• LGM Member
  • Welcome to my world...
    • Myspace

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2007, 11:26:24 AM »
Now that dont make no dang sense...Jojo is a beast beyond measure man
"If thine enemy wrong thee...Buy each of his children a drum"
Pages: [1]   Go Up